Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth/Torpoint on Saturday?

Hello,

I'm thinking of going to this game and maybe some more this season if I enjoy it. I'm a Stoke fan (originally from there) but becoming more and more.disallusioned with football at the top level so though I'd give Falmouth a try.

How much does it cost to get into Bickland Park and is there anything else I should know?

Cheers,

Richard.

Both clubs disappointed not to be playing in The F A Cup today as both had their applications refused due to the toilet/changing room issue.

Torpoint first Cornish club to play in the competition (1906)-Falmouth the best record of any Cornish club.

Sad day-No sympathy from Soho Square.

The new look all local (West Cornwall) Falmouth team expecting to sign two players in the absence of long term injury players Matt Drummond/Joe Lugg

Hello,

I'm thinking of going to this game and maybe some more this season if I enjoy it. I'm a Stoke fan (originally from there) but becoming more and more.disallusioned with football at the top level so though I'd give Falmouth a try.

How much does it cost to get into Bickland Park and is there anything else I should know?

Cheers,

Richard.

Nice one. Hopefully we can be your sixth Town.

I bet you don't sell oatcakes with melted cheese on matchdays.

A North Staffordshire recipe- so I have googled

Back to the match-I agree with the Packet report that during the first half Falmouth pushed forward more but lacked a cutting edge and were well marshalled by the Torpoint defence.

Similiary the visitors ddn't create many openings either with the first goal an underhit backpass,the second a good run into the box which was weakly challenged.

Falmouth replied with two free kicks.How often do these find the net after watching the Euro's hardly any and never on target.

I can understand Torpoint's disappointment in not holding on to a two goal lead but the overall picture was about right with both clubs lacking up front.

Cannot remember either keeper making any worthy saves

Falmouth - J.Chapman-K.irk Davies*-J.Devine(Y)-W.Quinn-Jamie Webb-R.Pope-Dan Richardson*(K.Turner)-M.Vercesi ©-A.Westgarth (Bradley Wills*)-Rob Wearne*-D.Magee(Lewis Caspell*)

Torpoint-D,Batten-D.Barker-G.Williams-T.Hall(Y)-E.Day-C.PowellThomas-L.Thornton-E.Goodman-P.Baker-D.Smith-D.Hicks subs D.chapman-C.Todd-G.Palmer

* 5 Town Debutants