Cornwall Football Forum

Matt Drummond

I have just seen a "Tweet" message that Matt Drummond sustained a broken ankle in the Charity Bowl game with Bodmin after only 2 minutes of play.

Hope its a routine recovery time and all goes well for him.

Matt who netted 35 goals for Falmouth last term is one of 12 players who are members of the "100 Goals Club" in the history of the Peninsula league scoring 112 Premier goals

Referees don't always see these bad tackles, either that, or they don't have the balls to make a big decision, especially so early In a game. If he see's the challenge, the correct decision would be a red card for the offender.

The same thing happened to the ashes last year at Parkway when Hobbs broke Toby Clarks leg. The only person that allegedly didn't see the horrendous challenge was the officials.

For the avoidance of any doubt, can I just clarify that Matt Drummond felt that the tackle by Shane Krac was a perfectly good challenge at the game on Sunday. It was unfortunate that he had his left foot "planted" ready to shoot with his natural right foot and Krac made his tackle at that moment.

Matt and I would like to thank Nyree, the Bodmin Physio for all her medical help, attention and advice & also the messages of support, particularly from Bodmin FC players.

I took Matt to Treliske where he was diagnosed as having an fractured Fibula and fragmented bone on the inside of his left ankle. He will be out for some months unfortunately. I'm sure that everyone involved with football locally wishes Matt a speedy recovery. He will certainly be missed by our club and his fellow players.

Steve Kimberley

Falmouth Town AFC

I Understand that Sir Bobby had Matt on his transfer radar so this is unfortunate.

Wishing him a speed recovery anyway.

Wow that is unfortunate as im sure matt would have jumped at the chance to leave one of the better sides in the league where he would be a regular starter for mid table at best.

I witnessed the tackle by Shane Krac on Matt Drummond and pernsonally feel it may well have been seen as a "fair tackle by the Referee, but he was some distance away. It happened only five yards away from me. It was, in my opinion, straight out of the Shane Krac "locker". When Matt Drummond was in sheer agony, Shane Krac walked back to him and clearly accussed him of being a a word beginning with C and ending with T. Such sportmanship!!!

Wishing Matt Drummond a speedy recovery, your talents will be missed by your club.

Referees don't always see these bad tackles, either that, or they don't have the balls to make a big decision, especially so early In a game. If he see's the challenge, the correct decision would be a red card for the offender.

The same thing happened to the ashes last year at Parkway when Hobbs broke Toby Clarks leg. The only person that allegedly didn't see the horrendous challenge was the officials.

Not really sure it's right to run down the ref for the Matt Drummond clash if you weren't there.

I too was only yards away from the incident and would say it was a forceful tackle as we're use to see Shane Krac make - he rarely holds back. I would have called it good, as did the referee and too the injured player.

A speedy recovery to Drummo.A quality player who,s going to be greatly missed for a large part of falmouths season.shane krac.if what pastyman says is true then may you hang your head in shame! :SM_carton:

I have no reason to any lies and have no alegience to Falmouth Town. What I saw and heard, was as stated earlier.

Whilst we may all have different opinions to the tackle, what there really any need for shane Krac to use foul and abusive language to an injured Matt Drummond?

The "Respect" campaign has proved to be nothing but a total joke.

Throughout the game on Sunday, I heard numourous foul mouthed comments made to the officials. Not once was a warning given to a player.

The "Respect" campaign has proved to be nothing but a total joke.

Throughout the game on Sunday, I heard numourous foul mouthed comments made to the officials. Not once was a warning given to a player.

How do you know that a warning wasn't given? The referee may have issued the warning without making it public.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the messages of support that I have received this week.

A big thanks to the Bodmin physio for her help at the game and Steve Kimberley for taking me to hospital.

Hope to find out the true extent of the injury next week once the swelling reduces, hopefully the ligaments are not to badly damaged and I can recover over the coming months.

Hope to see some of you at future games and wish everyone the best for the start of the season.