Cornwall Football Forum

NEWQUAY AFC v Truro City XI

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

NEWQUAY AFC v Truro City XI - Mon 13/8/07 K.O. 7ish

I would advise anyone travelling to Mount Wise for this match to get to the club at 6.45pm as kick off times have been know to change recently.

Guest Peppermint

I was at the game and thought that it was a good football match that was played by two teams that played football as it should be played.

Truro City showed why they will be red hot favourites for the Combination League and Newquay displayed the sort of football that should see them do well in the new league.

Cracking game, Andy and Jim must be 'choughed' with that performance. Roll on saturday and the start of the new season, at least things look bright on the pitch !!!

As for the loud comments made by a certain person at half time, we all know that attack is the best form of defence - perhaps a raw nerve had been struck........ truth hurts and all that. As in life, different people have differing views but only in a dictatorship are those veiws ignored or quashed if they do not concur with the powers that be. We live in a moderately free country and I will say what I beleive to be right or wrong, if certain individuals cannot handle criticism, then perhaps it is they who have the bigger problem.

The reason this forum and other media is used to get certain points across, is that those who hold onto power and refuse to let go, will not listen to reasoned debate, the AGM being a major case in point. I will continue to support the club I love regardless.

Don't forget, The Judges GREAT BIG FOOTY QUIZ on Sat 25th Aug in the clubhouse from 8.30pm (as agreed with Messers Swift and Letcher after the open day - any Saturday I liked was the comment made by Alan.)

Agree with most of the comments about this game a very good work out for both teams i was a little worried that a young Newquay side wouldnt match the physical side of the game in the coming season. But after this game they have proved me wrong good luck Newquay for the forth coming season. :c: