Cornwall Football Forum

Friendly results 28 July

Bridgerule 2 LC Phoenix 2

A fair result for both teams in a relatively good natured friendly that included five Launceston College Phoenix debuts. This game was more about boosting the fitness levels than the result itself with both teams looking to gel new players in changing squads.

Good luck to Bridgerule for the season in the Kingsley League.

Southgate seniors 4 - 6 Afc Bodmin

Good workout for both sides, Bodmin 5-1 up at half time and cruising but a mixture of Bodmin taking their foot off the gas and southgate upping the tempo made for a much closer second. Thanks to southgate for their hospitality and good luck for the coming season.

Roche 2-1 Wendron Reserves

Good game on a nice pitch in warm weather. Wendron took the lead 30 minutes in, whilst Roche equalised late in the first half.

Second half both team s had chances, but quite a few substituions and changes of system.

Roche scored the winner 5 minutes from time.

Good first runout for the season and thank to Roche for hosting us.

Titans 0-2 ST Austell 2nds duchy prem

Thanks to St Austell for today a very good team who played great football, we kept up with them for fitness and commitment but lacked a little bit of the simple passing that they so fluently had. All the same a good workout for the lads.

Thanks Mitch great to have a nice competitive game as always at a superb looking ting tang. We were a bit frustrated 1st half and you fully deserved your 1st half league but I'm glad our boys put in a good 2nd 45 like they did last week at culdrose. Youngsters is the key for us this year and their is some exciting youngsters coming through.......thrilling 2nd team game as well holmans at 3-0 down dragging it back to 4-4.......won't mention the silly old fart who scored the hat trick and an own goal as his bragging would be quite unbearable!!!!!

Good luck to all at carharrack for the forthcoming season

Thanks Mitch great to have a nice competitive game as always at a superb looking ting tang. We were a bit frustrated 1st half and you fully deserved your 1st half league but I'm glad our boys put in a good 2nd 45 like they did last week at culdrose. Youngsters is the key for us this year and their is some exciting youngsters coming through.......thrilling 2nd team game as well holmans at 3-0 down dragging it back to 4-4.......won't mention the silly old fart who scored the hat trick and an own goal as his bragging would be quite unbearable!!!!!

Well im gonna have to come right out with it Pitty played the first half in goal in the 2nds game came outfield second half and bagged a hat trick YES PITTY class act. Cracking afternoon

Well im gonna have to come right out with it Pitty played the first half in goal in the 2nds game came outfield second half and bagged a hat trick YES PITTY class act. Cracking afternoon

cheers for sorting a team to play yesterday pitty. my team first game together literally 14 new players playing together so i was pleased with efforts. making the usual subs to give people chances and stuff and first game of new season i was delighted with what i saw and a great game played by both sides. many thanks to yourself in the leagues ur sides are in.

Who are the 14 new players? Don't you have anyone left from last year?

with myself taken over as joint first team manager this year and promoting the better players from last years reserve team up with me, left Jamie a bit short on numbers in his new/old role. So a bit of a shake up left Jamie a bit short so credit to him for putting out a decent side this season.