Cornwall Football Forum

Combination favourites?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not let this get into an anti St Day thread lads!!!

It was a pre season friendly that's all St Day had a couple out buts lets not forget Penryn had most of there 1st team away and the side was full of young lads a lot of them from junior footie last season I had to play to put the average age up a bit!!!

Credit to the youngsters they played some great stuff and showed they are more than capable of senior footie!!

Also St Day battled and worked really hard any new team has to gel that's what friendlies are for arnt they the long ball caused us problems and my passing skills came into question a few times but it's my 3rd game in nearly 2 years so bit rusty!!

I'm sure they will be competing at the right end of the league this season!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Si ,you are such a peace maker lol, good to see you back in the sticks.

My post wasn't a dig at St Day, I have seen them play and the players they have attracted are decent. They will be in the top 6 if they keep the squad together. As for Champions, Falmouth will be the team to beat once again, eyes out for Goonhavern, Ludgvan and St Ives .

personally i feel that holmans will be the surprise package this season :c:

no Martin they are definitely favourites for the drop. I presume you meant that x

I heard that Holams got drubbed 13-0 by Mullion yesterday. Not so much of a suprise there...

Yep can confirm holmans got a drubbing yesterday with a full squad that didn't include just four from last year six sixteen year olds and a fifteen year old 'non goalie' in the sticks :). If it wasn't for our massive squad we would have cancelled the fixture but luckily for mullion we fulfilled the fixture and gave their forwards lots of practice because we didn't want to let them down obviously the 8 that were missing from our squad are very religious and were all in church being a Sunday......let's chat at the end of October after a few fixtures have been played and then see which teams are struggling it might be us it might not be but lets not ruin my pre season hopes before the 18th next thing you will all be telling me Santa Claus doesn't exist!!! :)

personally i feel that holmans will be the surprise package this season :c:

no Martin they are definitely favourites for the drop. I presume you meant that x

I heard that Holams got drubbed 13-0 by Mullion yesterday. Not so much of a suprise there...

Yep can confirm holmans got a drubbing yesterday with a full squad that didn't include just four from last year six sixteen year olds and a fifteen year old 'non goalie' in the sticks :). If it wasn't for our massive squad we would have cancelled the fixture but luckily for mullion we fulfilled the fixture and gave their forwards lots of practice because we didn't want to let them down obviously the 8 that were missing from our squad are very religious and were all in church being a Sunday......let's chat at the end of October after a few fixtures have been played and then see which teams are struggling it might be us it might not be but lets not ruin my pre season hopes before the 18th next thing you will all be telling me Santa Claus doesn't exist!!! :)

Fair response Pitty, I didnt know about what side either team had out, I had only heard the result. Good luck for the season :)

Just sticking up for young percy, he does not play for Mullion & was only posting the result he had heard !!!! So calm down Neil ! LOL

I wasnt even going to post that result on here because i knew what sort of squad Holmans sent down.

Many thanks to Andy & the lads who did turn out, It was a psf & i cant thank you enough for fulfilling the fixture.

Good luck for the season & we look forward to seeing you on the 21st august when you make the short eve trip to cliffden park !!!!!!!

Some said Neil Payne was an average centre-forward, but his 1999 scoring record for an "average " side was the best in the Combo for more than a decade. Good consistency at St Just....most of last year's squad are back . how many other sides have been top six four years running ?

Happy to be average before a ball is kicked and to welcome allcomers for the usual nice easy game in the sunshine at Penwith's premier club.

There's only one Isaac, St Justice ! I've been allowed back. As long as I keep my flag down, don't fiddle the LIBOR rate, destroy the euro or say anything encouraging about Spanish invaders and flooding the Prom, of course...... :yahoo:

My table prediction.

#1 - Falmouth Town

#2 - St Day

#3 - Ludgvan

#4 - Illogan

#5 - Goonhavern

#6 - St Agnes

#7 - Penryn Athletic

#8 - Mullion

#9 - Wendron

#10 - St Ives

# 11 - St Just

#12 - Pendeen

#13 - Culdrose

#14 - Newquay

#15 - Perranwell

#16 - Falmouth Athletic

#17 - Hayle

#18 - Porthleven

#19 - Troon

#20 - Holmans

I would hate to point the finger Neil and will let make your own conclusions , I have had a few texts this morning lol, people are gettng close. It MAYBE not the obvious person we are thinking . Trust me he is not 57 and a war veteran ? Im also not sure i would want him in my trench.

My table prediction-

1.Fal twn

2.Illogan

3.St day

4.St ives

5.St agnes

6.Ludgvan

7.St just

8.Troon

9.Penryn Ath

10.Wendron

11.Goonhavern

12.Perranwell

13.Newquay

14.Pendeen

15.Hayle

16.Fal Ath

17.Culdrose

18.Mullion

19.Holmans

20.Porthleven

Look, I am 57 years old. I never said i was a war veteran, i simply stated why i hate players getting paid in cornish football. I support Ludgvan, which i have announced in a previous post. You will see me sitting on the balcony each home game with a pint of guiness.

Another person posting and stirring hiding behind a name :SM_carton:

I WILL TELL YOU ALL WHY I HATE PAYMENTS! WHEN I FOUGHT IN THE WAR, I GOT NO PAY, AND PLAYERS GET PAID FOR 90 MINUTES FOOTBALL, WHEREAS I WAS RISKING MY LIFE, AND MY FAMILYS STABLE SUPPORT!

------------------------------

This was Joey's post earleir in the thread. He then replied today with this.

---------------------------

Look, I am 57 years old. I never said i was a war veteran, i simply stated why i hate players getting paid in cornish football. I support Ludgvan, which i have announced in a previous post. You will see me sitting on the balcony each home game with a pint of guiness.

------------------------------------

Bless, surely if you have fought in the wars and you are now retired, thats makes you a war vetran. Or is me just getting confused. Lost of memory i guess. Are you a Chelsea Pensioner? C'mon on Adminstrators lets get rid of these clowns like this, not doing your forum debate any good at all.

Who did you serve with then Joey the joke?

I think you are being really disrespectful towards me. I simply come onto this website to express my opinion and i get ganged up on. My name is Joseph Smith, I am 57 years old and will be 58 on the Decembers 4th. If any of you are still in doubt over me, when you play Ludgvan away, after the game come into the bar, i will be the bloke with the beard and glasse drinking a pint of guiness. When you approach me i will willingly buy you a drink. Until then, speak to me with more respect please, i have cut down on my useless comments as i feel now that if people want pay players, let them, its not my money at the end of the day. When you get to my age you tend to ge grudges on alot more things, or maybe thas just me!! Lol, until you have Ludgvan away, you will all know me as JoeyTheJoker.

As Rob has mentioned who did you serve with ? I'm sure we can clear this one up as their are many service men in Cornwall who could confirm your identity.

You have added pointless posts, most of being none descreptive without any substance and disrespectul . I actually think you are quite amusing, but Dave and Mr Chown should look at the quality of individuals postings on this forum, you should get a shown a yellow card to be honest. Thanks for saying you are from Ludgvan at least we can confirm that now.

To be quite honest i dont care who joey the joker is but what i do feel strongly about is using this forum in the right manner not slating other clubs i.e st day for paying[good luck to them i wish i could pay but my boys pay £4 subs} Falmouth Athlectic for not having a good start,Holmans written off before they start,Troon because they have certain players but if you want people to respect you joey the joker treat others with the same respect you want back.

Matt Mitch

Good luck to you, Joey, and thanks for starting an interesting thread. I don't know what all the criticism was about, frankly. The relationship between sport, art and war is open to debate and all are political. For example, I have always seen the past domination of Penwith by Magpie money,connections and pomposity as equivalent to the Third Reich domination of Poland. I have not felt as good about local football since we got rid of Thatcher !

It amazes me that those, for example, who are in banking, otherwise known as irresponsible gambling with the ruin of the working classes; or who have fought in any conflict bringing death to civilians, dare to criticise or censor the humour of an innocent Guinness drinker at Ludgvan. Since 11/9, we are all being made terrified of exercising our free speech ! Some of those who enforce that terror profit from the regimes they represent.

Say what you like m8 ! Even if I disagree ! :c:

Tinners for the title ! :yahoo: