Cornwall Football Forum

Saturday 11th Results.

Guest Dermot

Guest Dermot

St Dennis 1 Newquay 1sts 2. Ht 0.2

Very good game in hot conditions,Newquay took an early lead through Sam McEwan,Adam Bromley added a second after good work down the right flank by Lee Rickard,St Dennis had a ball cleared off the Newquay line late in the first half.

Brian Banfield got one back for St Dennis Just after the break,and St Dennis were unlucky not to equalise, Lee Rickard hit the post late on for Newquay. Both goalkeepers made fine saves to keep their teams in it.

Newquay just deserved their win with some flowing attacks by a very young strike force. ;0) :clapper:

Guest Helston Patriot

Helston 1st 2 v 1 Mousehole 1ST! (HOT HOT DAY)

Tom randell scoring a 30yard sreamer under side of the bar. The 2 minutes later Dom pullen with a 7 yard side foot into the bottom corner. 10 minutes from time Emil scored after 2 great saves from barry in goal (2 yard goal mouth scramble).

Not bad for a Jnr Combo team beating a mighty SWPL team, dont you think GG? ;)

All the best for the season lads. :thumbsup:

Penryn 1sts 3 - 1 St.Ives 1sts HT: 1-0 tp Penryn

Very soft penalty against St.Ives given in 2nd half!!

and some very hard tackles being put in from both sides

Penryn looking a good outfit though, played the ball around well on the deck when in possesion, good luck for the season lads

Guest helstons14

Helston 3rds 1 Mawgan 5

Both teams depleted, just about managing to scratch together a side. Mawgan benefitted from 3 goals where the term 'soft goals' is a massive understatement. Mawgan looking good for this year, even better when all your players return, good luck Mac, reckon your going up this year.

it was actually 6-1 to mawgan, think we will go up this season but its going to be tight, helston 14 you were their best player by a long straw. you gifted me with 3 goals from bad passes but if it wasnt for terry upfont foor you you could of had a couple more. which team you playing for this season?

Guest helstons14

it was actually 6-1 to mawgan, think we will go up this season but its going to be tight, helston 14 you were their best player by a long straw. you gifted me with 3 goals from bad passes but if it wasnt for terry upfont foor you you could of had a couple more. which team you playing for this season?

Had games for all sides in pre-season but will more than likely be in the seconds this year, were looking quite good at the moment with my dad and bucko managing. Sorry about the mis-calculation but I had to try and restore some pride!

The way that we kept gifting you the ball on the edge of the box was unbelievable, must of been like birthday and christmas rolled into one for you. Not the ideal person to gift the ball too.

Think you will be successful this season as you have a good blend of youth and experience and a strong central spine to the side, the centre defence was solid, my good friend the legendary Macca, Ben Trerise and that other guy who looks like John Hartson are all physically and technically sound. Then yourself and that quick guy up front were lethal and caused our defence constant hassle.

And i hope you dont mean me specifically who gifted you 3 goals, i was in the centre circle shaking my head.

altight mutts

i was telling coley last night the reason the team gave the ball away at the back was that jonny was trying to play the ball out of defence instead of just smacking it forward and hoping somebody gets on the end of it but there was no movement from anybody else in defence so the only option he had was to look for you but we got onto that quite early and from then on he was goosed as he had no-one to give the ball to so he ended up stuck with it and as you say the last person you want to give the ball to in that area is Rusey as he will punish you everytime .

you had a good game though and it was good to play against you. If the seconds get the ball down and play it through you they should have a good season as you were 2 moves ahead of any-one else on your side on saturday.

thats not slagging anyone else off you were just better.

Has ernest got over the shaking he had off matt, it was a poor tackle but i know what he's like and i know he wouldn't have meant to hurt him

Guest helstons14

Thanks for the kind words mac. Ernest isn't malicious, more just lacking in intellect, he is foreign after all.

It is hard to judge the third team from that performance, as there were so many absentees and me, Jonny and Terry wont be playing for them this season, but I think the seconds will be successful this year, we have a strong squad of players who have committed to playing, including many players with first team experience, and some more may even drop down as Winno looks to trim his large squad. Dad and Bucko are encouraging us to get the ball down and play and it worked a treat last week, Mawnan were running on empty at the end.

But as I said Mac and Rusey, I think you guys will go up this year, a strong side in all areas, especially the centre, just don't let the royal mail f**k you around and get you points deducted this year!

i was speaking to gentle ben after the game he was saying he has a lot of players to come in so hopefully they will do okay in that division.

We were missing quite a few players on saturday as well and when they come back we should have more than enough quality to go up. i may have to do the unthinkable and have to start dropping myself. :o:o:o

i am not taking any chances on the post this year everything is being hand delivered