Cornwall Football Forum

Friendly Opportunity

Have just been informed that liskeard have pulled out of tomorrows nights friendly with ourselves leaving an opportunity for a friendly tommorow night at The Marsh 6:45 kick off if anyone is able to forfill the fixture? Everything is set up and ready to go.... PM Me if interested and i will forward your number onto the manager. Bit late notice but worth a shot... and certainly better than training!!!

regards

Have just been informed that liskeard have pulled out of tomorrows nights friendly with ourselves leaving an opportunity for a friendly tommorow night at The Marsh 6:45 kick off if anyone is able to forfill the fixture? Everything is set up and ready to go.... PM Me if interested and i will forward your number onto the manager. Bit late notice but worth a shot... and certainly better than training!!!

regards

Ryan,

Give John Cole a ring on 07968618194. Plymouth Parkway Reserves could well be able to play you.

Foz

Thought i'd jump in here before the usual suspects have their "slagging off" opportunity!!!!

Yes, we had to pull out from the fixture. We had a squad of 16 available but unfortunately only 1 recognised defender. Callington knew of the situation on friday and i've tried over to get cover from our reserves (with no avail). We have 3 lads away on holiday whilst 2 players are recovering from minor injuries. Unfortunately these players are all defenders and whilst i would've loved to have fulfilled the fixture (and gave it every opportunity) i had to take a selfish stance and think what benefit would it be to me to play players out of position, in key positions. And what benefit would callington gain in playing a very unorthodox looking defensive line? If this situation occurs during the season, then i accept i will have to deal with it.

I have apologised to Lee Beer and offered a pre season game at our pitch to which hopefully we can agree to. I take full responsibility for cancelling the game but the decision was not taken lightly.

Hello Ryan. My post wasn't aimed at you mate. Unfortunately this forum can turn into a bit of a slanging match so just thought I'd put over my point before it all began.

Hopefully we can sort out another date before the season starts.

That's all fair enough, I was just curious.