Cornwall Football Forum

Bad day for Tottenham

It's a close run thing at the moment, Cam. If all the firsts and seconds play and train and learn together, things can only get better for everybody, in any club !

hi older.....The first one was entitled "Unruly Members": the second, "The Rock".

Congratulations to Spurs on labouring to a fine triumph over the Pride of Slovenia. Apparently Defoe has now scored more goals in Europe than Alan Gilzean. That gave rse to such a sense of relief around Whata Hoot Lane last night.

I think Gilzean and Greavs would have been a bit more confident of getting past a Slovenian defence. O tempora, o mores. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After listening to our North London neighbour's giving it large over 10 men Tottenham.

We now have disposed of the Wet Spammers and the red part of Scouse land.

While the Goons have since failed to get a victory.

Spurs now sit 3 pts behind 3rd place.The Goons slip to 7th.

As one of our legends once said.

"Its a funny ol game"

After listening to our North London neighbour's giving it large over 10 men Tottenham.

We now have disposed of the Wet Spammers and the red part of Scouse land.

While the Goons have since failed to get a victory.

Spurs now sit 3 pts behind 3rd place.The Goons slip to 7th.

As one of our legends once said.

"Its a funny ol game"

Come on you lillywhites. :yahoo:

It was a bad day for Arsenal. Long way to go though.

Realistically, Arsenal have the best chance of a trophy this year in the League Cup. Through to the quarter finals, away at Bradford, this has to be considered a good chance....

Champions League - already qualified from group, probabaly finish second no matter what result we get tonight - so agree at the weakened team he is taking to Greece. Next year, knock-out stages, who knows (but a very very difficult trophy to win).

FA Cup - bit of a lottery as usual. Tough to win.

Premier League - no chance.

Top 4 finish - a realistic chance.

A few more good days to come I think. And I am sure there will be a bad day for Tottenham somewhere along the way.

Realistically, Arsenal have the best chance of a trophy this year in the League Cup. Through to the quarter finals, away at Bradford, this has to be considered a good chance....

Champions League - already qualified from group, probabaly finish second no matter what result we get tonight - so agree at the weakened team he is taking to Greece. Next year, knock-out stages, who knows (but a very very difficult trophy to win).

A few more good days to come I think. And I am sure there will be a bad day for Tottenham somewhere along the way.

No doubt about that, been a supporter for over 50 years - we take it in our stride - AAAAHHHHH!

How things change,now the Goons priority of winning a trophy,is the old League Cup.

Can remember when you lot ridiculed Spurs for beating Chelsea to win that trophy.

Oh ,by the way.Dont expect to much transfer activity in January.

Stan has just spent £80 million on a new ranch in America,its the size of 71 Emirates football pitches.

Obvious,what is happening at Goonerland.

I challenge you to find a post from me ridiculing the League Cup. I know it is difficult, but try to understand that I am quite a reasonable chap who obviously likes to see his team win, but realises the fact that we will never conquer the world football scene. Of all the things available to win, it is the bottom of the pile. But is will always be a trophy.

At the beginning of a season, and I have tried to get you and others to clarify your own views on this, but it proves difficult as you are more intent of getting one over as opposed to answering a perfectly reasonable question, but what are various clubs priorities?

As an Arsenal supporter, in reality, we have 5 things to achive in a perfect season. Win the Premier League. Win the Champions League. Win the FA Cup. Win the League Cup. Qualify top 4 (I know that the winners of the CL automatically qualify, as do the winners of the PL - but I am sure you know what I mean). Chances of achieving any of them, slim. All very difficult to win.

What is most important? Qualifying for the CL has got to be up there. But it is not a trophy at the end of the day. Is it more important than winning the League Cup? Yes, I think it is at the start of the season, and the early League Cup rounds. Hence, I think that is why most managers of the top teams play "weakened" sides to play in those early rounds. If you progress through, it becomes more likely that you can win it, so perhaps a stronger line-up can be cvonsidered. By this time, the PL has been running (about a third through the season now) and you can also make a judgement on how that is going.....not good in our case.

Right now, I would say that Arsenals priorities are.......1) finishing top 4, 2) League Cup, 3) CL, 4) FA cup. Forget winning the PL, no chance. Have they changed much from the beginning of the season? Well, what was it likely to have been........1) PL, 2) CL, 3) FA cup, 4) League Cup - and bring in "top 4 finish" as the season progresses.

What were/are Spurs priorities?

To hold on to Gareth bale

Offers over £40 million - sell. Priority, to finish above Arsenal - every year until I die. Then I can give my best mate grief until I drive him up the wall, same as he has done to me for the last millenium.

A few cups along the way and I will pass away a very happy man. Easily pleased me.

Offers over £40 million - sell. Priority, to finish above Arsenal - every year until I die. Then I can give my best mate grief until I drive him up the wall, same as he has done to me for the last millenium.

A few cups along the way and I will pass away a very happy man. Easily pleased me.

yeah 40 million I'd sell too, you could do a lot with that, I'm not a spurs fan, I know your closest rivals are the gunners, but I'd like them to finish above Chelsea, because I think avb has something about him, I'm a Liverpool fan, spurs vs Liverpool Europa final?

yeah 40 million I'd sell too, you could do a lot with that, I'm not a spurs fan, I know your closest rivals are the gunners, but I'd like them to finish above Chelsea, because I think avb has something about him, I'm a Liverpool fan, spurs vs Liverpool Europa final?

Would I love that - Yes please. I would go to it as well - where is it?????

amsterdam arena this year, 15th of may I think

amsterdam arena this year, 15th of may I think

Excellent, been there a few times - great place - for football. Nod nod - wink wink!

Sounds like you poor dears who follow the lesser clubs even need to go to Amsterdam for a bit of companionship. Bless !

It was Tottemham who employed dear Mr Pleat, wasn't it ?

Us Spurs boys and Liverpool lads need a cuddle now and then. Even we need to score sometimes. :thumbsup:

couple of wins and he's back the older

Sounds like you poor dears who follow the lesser clubs even need to go to Amsterdam for a bit of companionship. Bless !

It was Tottemham who employed dear Mr Pleat, wasn't it ?

Us Spurs boys and Liverpool lads need a cuddle now and then. Even we need to score sometimes. :thumbsup:

couple of wins and he's back the older

He's been away promoting world peace between St Just and Pendeen, peace envoy and all that.

• 3 weeks later...

....and with the Gunners next up at home to Man City, followed by a trip to the Bridge, then at home for the Hammers, Liverpool and The Jolly Green Giants (I loved Fergusons commenst before their home game against Stoke) - we ain't looking great. Southampton deserved a victory today, played us off the park second half.

We shall see, long way to go.......

Who is "JCC the Man" ? The Oxford syllabus must have omitted him. I am sure he was never a European Champion.

:) Drinking ? Certainly not, although last night's charity to Redknapp could tempt even a plaster saint like me. I come from a long tradition of Rechabites, however.

Delighted to note that Somersetspur has not been drowned by the overflowing King's Sedgemoor Drain like the rest of the poor little native flatland pancake-burners. Climbed back up his telephone pole to avoid the floods, I presume.

• 3 weeks later...

Give praise where it's due...what a GREAT day for gallant Tottingham ! Bobbling in a Fergietime equaliser at home to the Scum to maintain Chelsea's interest at the top of the Prem, courtesy of the little Fulham player who ruined the World Cup for the Butcher's Aprons !

Splendid ! :yahoo:

Praise indeed from the great man himself, isaac....I thankyou.

Kempy, I've already made my view on this abundantly clear ! I view the Capital One Cup as I view the Combo Sup Cup.....a waste of time. On balance, I hope we lose on Wednesday and you won't hear any celebration from me if we win. I value only the Champions League, the Premiership and the FA Cup.

Yeah, Tinners, 5-0 and should have been 7 ! We can be quite good when nobody's banned ! And I would have been there if it weren't for the snow !

Sorry to hear about the tragedy at the Well....sympathy to all involved.

Elland Road....easy place to score 5, SS....looks like Bale's forgotten how to fall over !

Don't remember you insulting "Arry's shower" like that when you thought he'd taken the Spuds into Europe ahead of the European Champions...or admitting the tactical superiority of poor little AVB when he was a Blue.....

Where's your club loyalty ? I expect we'll see you switching from the Spuds to the Arse any day now......