Cornwall Football Forum

Portreath AFC Announcement

Bit of a shame that portreath who only won the junior cup 4 years ago (2008) are consigned to the history books I suppose that if the club is moving back to pool to play it makes sense to change the name.

One question though and please don't take this the wrong way but with a new name, new pitch and new location is this not effectively a new side that should start in the lowest league of the trelawny? I can see why the league officials have allowed it due to the leagues already being formed but portreath are no more so does that not constitute a withdrawal from the league?

Bit of a shame that portreath who only won the junior cup 4 years ago (2008) are consigned to the history books I suppose that if the club is moving back to pool to play it makes sense to change the name.

One question though and please don't take this the wrong way but with a new name, new pitch and new location is this not effectively a new side that should start in the lowest league of the trelawny? I can see why the league officials have allowed it due to the leagues already being formed but portreath are no more so does that not constitute a withdrawal from the league?

some thing for Holmans should of went down to the Trelawny league but playing in comb this year . People in high places m8

Not in a high place just making an observation. Maybe I'm not particularly impressed to have another team in the Camborne area. Why have you had to change your name and the area you play in?

I'm sure the people that set portreath up and put a lot of time and effort into the success they enjoyed and the hard work they had to do to keep it going ie andy mead and bundi are disappointed that the team is now consigned to the history books and going by bundi's comment above it would seem I'm not far off the mark

As for holmans not being relegated why should we have been? Both sides that were eligible to be promoted from trelawny were so we didnt deny anyone and were retained due to the league operating one less last season.

I made the comment before because you have a new name new ground new town maybe all the sides below you in the trelawny league are wondering why you are still in div1??? Anyway don't want to get into a petty spat of my dads bigger then your dad good luck for the season ahead.

I agree with you Pitty - Holmans stayed in the combo as a result of all the clubs voting to keep you in - fair play!

Now this Portreath/Pool thing does seem to go against the rules - surely they have had to re-register with the league and CCFA etc as a new club. The powers to be have set a precedent it seems.

Pool should have started in the bottom league

I wonder if any of the portreath/pool team would have been playing for the illogan/pool based team that were rejected at the league agm?

No m8 all portreath and illogan rbl players

What illogan players? Only player i know of is Barry Penfold, a sad loss 4 Illogan as he had a good future at the club but can understand his reasons for joining Pool

I think its a shame that portreath being an established club is no more! I cant see how the name change is needed as illogan park is actually closer to portreath than clijah croft! Also think it would have stopped any comments regarding having to start in the bottom league!

I think its a shame that portreath being an established club is no more! I cant see how the name change is needed as illogan park is actually closer to portreath than clijah croft! Also think it would have stopped any comments regarding having to start in the bottom league!

we playing in pool m8

have all these changes been sanctioned by the league?

Put your spoon away!

They would have been playing at Roskear, with the same group of players, whether as Portreath or Pool Utd!

Simply a name change.

Its a decent group of players, judging by todays friendly, with a couple more additions on the way!?

So, providing they can stick together, they're in exactly the right division?!