Cornwall Football Forum

Major Investment.

Im sure a lot of people,dont care.

But here is a warning to the rest of the premiership.

Questions are being asked why are Spurs going mad in the transfer window.

Well I can tell you.

Gareth Bale's new contract pays him £110,000 a week.

Sigurdsson was going to sign for Brendon Rodgers at Liverpool,but Spurs gate crashed the deal,and are paying him £90,000.a week.

Vertonghen,refused to go anywhere,but Spurs,even though Redschnapps was sacked.

Adebayor will sign for Spurs and he will get the wages he wants,£125,000 a week.

Moutiniho will be at Spurs as soon as Modric goes.

Why are all these deals being done so quick.Spurs usually wait until the last hour of the transfer window.

The reason is simple.

At the end of July.it will be announced that a major investment will come into the Club.

These guys will be big,and it is rumoured Spurs will be able to compete with Man City and Chelsea,financially.

Work is already starting on the new Stadium,the new modern training center will be open in August,and Spurs have not finished in the transfer market.

Thats why Daniel Levy is keen to do as much transfer buisness before this announcement.For obvious reason's.

You have been warned.

Not obvious to me. Quite the opposite. These big boys don't usually like other people making spending decisions on their behalf. If the major investment is that solid it would have been announced already. I'm not saying your wrong but you shouldn't spend it till you've got it. Plenty of transfer window left after the announcment. You didn't see Chelsea & Man C acting like this before the Russian & Arab money was secured. I'm all for ambition but this could just as easily be panic. Remember Leeds Utd?

Have you got a link to the new stadium work?

Your previous "warnings" and "leaks of information" have proven wide of the mark. I will not be holding my breath.

Sure thing though, Spurs are spending money. These days, you can't "win" trophies, you have to "buy" them. Shame really.

Mangle,the goons could buy trophies if they could keep their star players and spend big.

But Kronke,Usmanov and the rest of the shareholders,prefer to cream the profits elsewhere.

As my post say's, beware.

I agree. But I just think it's a shame. Unless you have bottomless pockets, you can't win the main trophies.

And all because UEFA want to move on from the Champions League to a European Super League, the 18 possibly 20 richest clubs in Europe moving away from national leagues to the dream league where Man Utd v Bayern Munich and Chelsea v PSG are regular season games.

Rangers...... Enough said..... Spent money that wasnt there,and now paying the ultimate price. City, Chelsea and united to a certain extent, are only as viable as the people putting the money in ( shiek massoor, abramovich etc) . Where or how would these clubs cope if these individuals pull out their money?

As for spurs.... we will see, buy wisely and sell extorinately, a feeder club for United :)

• 1 month later...

True, Rome wasn't bult in a day. But Spurs could go bust in a morning. Listening to these North London minnows wofflng on is about as compelling as watching two drunk vagrants trying to hit each other with urine-soaked rolled-up newspapers outside Caesar's Palace when Manny Pacquiao is about to box inside.Please let's talk about serious football played by winners.

True, Rome wasn't bult in a day. But Spurs could go bust in a morning. Listening to these North London minnows wofflng on is about as compelling as watching two drunk vagrants trying to hit each other with urine-soaked rolled-up newspapers outside Caesar's Palace when Manny Pacquiao is about to box inside.Please let's talk about serious football played by winners.

Thought you posted you had a soft spot for the boys in white ?????

I try to be particularly kind to elderly people who have lost most of the wits they never had. That's why I humour the likes of Darth Vader Keane and his poor old dad, the full kit nutter with the No 19 shirt on this site. I see the poor old sausage is out in Turkey this week. Probably fancied bombing Syria, dear of him. He'll have more in common linguistically with Trabzonspor Reserves than he ever did with Ipswich Town. Bless. :)

• 2 months later...

At the end of July.it will be announced that a major investment will come into the Club.

These guys will be big,and it is rumoured Spurs will be able to compete with Man City and Chelsea,financially.

Work is already starting on the new Stadium,the new modern training center will be open in August,and Spurs have not finished in the transfer market.

Thats why Daniel Levy is keen to do as much transfer buisness before this announcement.For obvious reason's.

You have been warned.

July.....still waiting.............