Cornwall Football Forum

they say if you stick your head above the parapit then you get shot at...well i not only expect that but encourage it.This seasons aim is to win trelawny 1 and at the very least get into one of the cup finals....training has been awesome with 30 plus players turning up week in week out.Now the friendlys start and we get the chance to put the players under scrutiny.The results dont matter for these games more the appliance of the science thats been drilled over the last 6 weeks...possesion possesion possesion...UP THE PILCHARDS

Dont really know what you want people to say to that??

Are you looking for praise or is there an underlying issue you want to discuss? im

Sure every team in cornwall is looking to win their league and get to a final and im sure lots of teams have 30 plus players at training. You can only play 11 though! So why post a topic telling us about perranporth?! nothing really unique about them is there?

I got to say I admire your optimism but every club in the Trelawny 1 will be looking to win the league this year with some strong teams in it. Going to be a difficult season for some teams and i hope for all your optimism you do a better job than Perranporth did last season. I do think there are stonger sides in the league than your team but will see when the first league results start coming in.

....training has been awesome with 30 plus players turning up week in week out....

You are completely against the 5-sub, rolling sub issue, so how long will your 30+ squad remain that healthy? As has been pointed out, you can only play 11 + 3 subs maximum, by my reckoning, a maximum of 14 players each week in each team, 28 players total. Presumably, you are soooo switched on, you have all the squad rotation worked out already to keep the pilchards happy all season......

they say if you stick your head above the parapit then you get shot at...well i not only expect that but encourage it.This seasons aim is to win trelawny 1 and at the very least get into one of the cup finals....training has been awesome with 30 plus players turning up week in week out.Now the friendlys start and we get the chance to put the players under scrutiny.The results dont matter for these games more the appliance of the science thats been drilled over the last 6 weeks...possesion possesion possesion...UP THE PILCHARDS

I like the way as a manager you dont let the players feel any pressure..., i thought in the league your managing in... playing is meant to be a hobby/enjoyable......