Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Premier admission prices

Sore point with me. Understand league have laid down minimum charge of £3. SWL had fixed charge of£3. Whilst club facilities vary, there should be one charge for all clubs. Think of the poor person on the gate being asked, 'we only paid 3 last week at.....'. Thses are valuable people and dont need stick. Its better for the league and the clubs - one charge only

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I'm sure I read that Phil Hiscox indicated £4 for prem and £3 for Div 1 W/E were the admission charges agreed by the league........ anyone from the league wish to clarify ?

Can't really comment on the Parkway price - have no input any more. All clubs should be the same, laid down by the League, its not exactly rocket science to do. We dont want to upset the customers and start internal arguments within the league. If their ground is worth £4, ours must £4.50, there's is only worth £3.50. C'mon clubs press for one common price.

Guest Peppermint

Distant shores is quite correct that if there is no standard charge laid down by the SWPL like the CSWL did then it is going to cause all sorts of problems.

The gate staff will have the abuse hurled at them along the lines of we only charge £3 at our club and you are charging £4. Some clubs will be tempted to charge more if certain clubs are coming to play them and as Torpoint Imp states clubs will see other clubs charging more and raise their prices.

Surely the Management of the League could make a statement that fixes the prices as eg Premier - £4 and Division 1 - £3. Then all spectators would know how much would be charged wherever they went to watch.

Come on League officials make a decision that will stop all the confusion! The CSWL was able to do it.

The prices must reflect the club's outgoings and the income provided by lottery funding, FA grants, etc;

Unfortunately, some clubs get all sorts of funding and some get very little. Some clubs have had renovations paid for by sponsors and some are in desparate need of repair.

Some clubhouses have a licensed premises where they keep all the profits and some are still awaiting for a license.

Some clubs have to pay very large travelling expenses for players and officials alike and some are geographically more central and have little to fork out for a referee and two assistants as well as petrol to coach the players from A to B.

How is it possible to expect all clubs to charge the same entrance fees and call it fair ?

I can only ask that all Club Officials, Match Officials, Players and Fans to appreciate how many have turned up and how much is taken at the gate and do what we can to ensure that we all give value for money out there.

I know this message is a bit long but I don't get out much and Mrs Referee thinks i'm on the computer doing internet banking !

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Gooners V Bodmin last season was £3 and I would happiliy pay £4 for a Prem match given the chance !!!

Guest Peppermint

The standardisation of admittance charges worked in the old CSWL. So why can't it work in the new set up.

I repeat that the poor gate staff are the ones who will get the abuse from spectators who cannot understand why they pay one price to watch a game in the same league and another at a different venue. Perhaps Mr Referee will understand abuse because he probably gets it from the terraces.

If some clubs charge extra for sitting in the stand then it is the paying spectators choice and if some programmes are different prices then again it is optional to buy one.

I THINK IT IS DISHEARTENING TO THINK THAT SOMEBODY CAN HURL 90 MINUTES OF ABUSE AT ME AND ONLY HAVE TO PAY £3 FOR THE PRIVELEDGE (EVEN LESS IN DUCHY LEAGUE).

I KNOW OF A WEBSITE WHERE PEOPLE PAY LOTS OF MONEY TO GET ABUSE BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY - LIKE I SAID, MRS REFEREE THINKS I'M ON THE COMPUTER DOING INTERNET BANKING !

In this day and age what is £4???? Cant do much for £4 these days can you. If someone moans about paying £4 tell them to stop be tight or get stuffed!! Theyd be the same people who would go across the road and spend £5 on a pack of fags!!!