Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL FIXTURES Tuesday 8th May

ECPL FIXTURES Tuesday 8th May

Premier Division

Bodmin Town 0 Sticker 8 (at Sticker)

Tavistock 4 Bere Alston United 0

Division One

Holsworthy 1 Kilkhampton 0

Watched the Tavi v Bere game, J. Kelly got the first with a shot that rolled down his shin before reaching his foot!! I.Rooke got the second with a decent header, Bere then missed a softly awarded penalty from an inconsistent ref before J. Kelly & D. Pethick completed the scoring. Tavi should have more with several one on ones missed (wont mention who it was)!! Overall a fair result.

Watched the Tavi v Bere game, J. Kelly got the first with a shot that rolled down his shin before reaching his foot!! I.Rooke got the second with a decent header, Bere then missed a softly awarded penalty from an inconsistent ref before J. Kelly & D. Pethick completed the scoring. Tavi should have more with several one on ones missed (wont mention who it was)!! Overall a fair result.

That's some goal if it rolled down my shin first considering it was rolling towards me on the ground. Agreed missed couple chances but had a fair penalty shout turned down, but those chances might of meant something if we had lost or drawn. Cracking performance by everyone they've earnt their rest.

Tavistock 4. Bere Alston 0. A good game which I felt the Ref overall had a good game. Ok we wont agree with every decision he made or didnt make. But generally I thought he did ok and is normally one of the most consistent performers in the league. Tavy started well and Jarryd Kelly scored with a great strike from just inside the penalty box. The keeper might think he should have done better with Rookies header as he was caught off balance and it looped over him. Take nothing away from Rookie, he got himself into a good position and the cross from Kelly was good and Rookie finished it. I thought Bere had a good spell with about 15 mins before half time with chances cleared off the line, and a penalty saved. The penalty was struck well but Tavys keeper Castle made a great save. Bere suffered a couple of injuries forcing changes which Im sure coach KT could have done without! Cordice arrived to start the second half, and I felt if Bere score early then it would make for an interesting 2nd half. As it turned out, Kelly scored within a few minutes of the restart and that just about killed the game for Bere. Dan Pethick finished the game off with a screamer from about 25yds. Good local derby watched by a decent crowd. Thought the pitch looked great. The best Ive seen it for this time of year.