Cornwall Football Forum

Torpoint manager

Both lakeside and the railway are good sides but would these players play for their respective side if they applied for Saturday status? As soon as budgets are involved its a whole different ball game. If Torpoint have a budget of £250 per game how many of these players would entertain playing for them? White, brooks, hicks, carter??? That's the budget gone already.

Big tony. That's just part of there squad along with Kev miller, Jamie bass etc...

My other point is I don't think Bradley yeo has any experience of running a big club but 2 say he only runs a Sunday morning 'pub' team is a little unfair because lakeside r a gr8 team who would beat most peninsula teams. The got 2 the semi-finals of the fa carlsberg cup which when u look @ it was an unbelievable achievement. The team they beat in the quarter finals had 2 players who play for north wick Victoria!!

Have to disagree with you there slim. Sunday football is no comparison to Saturday football. Lakeside undoubtedly have done well this season. Bradley yeo and Darren potter have assembled a group of friends who enjoy playing football together. How many times a week do lakeside train? Most Sunday league players enjoy a night out on a Saturday and you can still smell the booze on the Sunday!!!! No one really takes Sunday football seriously. Would the lakeside players leave their respective Saturday sides to play for Bradley at Torpoint???? I don't think they would.

Jannerlad I personally think 4 Bradley yeo 2 go 2 torpoint would b absolutely silly. It would b a bad move 4 both club & manager. & yes not many of those players would go 2 torpoint cause of the money. From my point of view torpoint r a big club with lack of funds. The last couple of managers there have done unbelievable jobs with no money. If Bradley yeo wants 2 make a name 4 himself he needs 2 b given a half decent budget. Because he will attract the players. With regards 2 Sunday footballers turning up drunk that happens @ the bottom end but the top end of p&d 1 the lads r pretty perfessional. I'm sure if u ask the tavy supporters on here about Glyn Hobbs they might tell u he turns up 4 tavy drunk!!! & he's still one of the best players in the sw league!! Lol

Guest cescfab_4

Nothing special, believe he ran the Millbrook Under 18 and first team a few seasons ago I believe. Don't think he'll have many fans in Torpoint.

Really can't understand why his name keeps popping up for jobs, unless people like the laugh.

1 thing I would say jannerlad is lakeside or the railway would b a top 5 team in the peninsula prem. fact. Lakesides team. M. England, l. Bevan, m. David, g. Woodward, b. Davies, L. Thornton, d. Hicks, b. Allen, c. Martindale, d. Brooks, a.carter, s. cooper. The railway teams stronger again!!

Slim

I don't think you can say that Railway are stronger, as Lakeside won the league title! :) I will concede that they are a very good side though.

1 thing I would say jannerlad is lakeside or the railway would b a top 5 team in the peninsula prem. fact. Lakesides team. M. England, l. Bevan, m. David, g. Woodward, b. Davies, L. Thornton, d. Hicks, b. Allen, c. Martindale, d. Brooks, a.carter, s. cooper. The railway teams stronger again!!

Slim

I don't think you can say that Railway are stronger, as Lakeside won the league title! :) I will concede that they are a very good side though.

Who is in the railway lineup?

Ian Stephens should jump up from the second team, try and get 'local' players back like hicks, zinn and matthews and build on that. He would also be able to make it a brighter proposition for his current second team to step up who have been having an easy ride for the past 4/5 years winning the ecpl. I'm sure the 'fans' would prefer to see local lads representing their club and would rather that than success with other players who couldn't care less.

Sliced bread the railway squad is as followed. B. elphick, s. jewell, p. heveren, m. Landricombe, l. Bailey, c. Menhenick, g. Hobbs, s. krac, j. Kiely, j. Alexander, b. Joyce, l. Doel, d.zalick, l. Landricombe, r. Richards. Plus a few more!! Arguably better than lakeside. Put lakeside did win the league. Maybe down 2 management?

Doesnt matter as next year you can add lakeside to railway as lakeside I believe are no more!

But Bradley yeo and darren potter would do a good job at torpoint!

They would like to keep it local but bringing some new faces possibly and possibly old faces too????

Massive shame 4 railway if the rumours true about lakeside. When the railway win it they'll get no credit because of no lakeside. It was close this year. I think even with lakeside railway would of won it. Brad yeo. & Darren potter r both top blokes & good managers. Just don't think they'll do much with a budget of £15 a player!!

Nothing special, believe he ran the Millbrook Under 18 and first team a few seasons ago I believe. Don't think he'll have many fans in Torpoint.

Really can't understand why his name keeps popping up for jobs, unless people like the laugh.

Who are these people linked to the job I think I no Dane bonney from a very unsuccessful time at millbrook and I believe even more unsuccessful time at ottery.

Why would torpoint even consider him?

Also the other person mentioned alot yeo where has he come from?

Who are lakeside?

These are just questions as they seem very popular on here,

Who ever gets the job all the best to you.

I watched the last 2 evening games and their needs to be improvement on the pitch for sure.

Sliced bread the railway squad is as followed. B. elphick, s. jewell, p. heveren, m. Landricombe, l. Bailey, c. Menhenick, g. Hobbs, s. krac, j. Kiely, j. Alexander, b. Joyce, l. Doel, d.zalick, l. Landricombe, r. Richards. Plus a few more!! Arguably better than lakeside. Put lakeside did win the league. Maybe down 2 management?

On paper I agree that team would hold their own and finish in the top 4.not seen lakeside play but as for names in the squad I would put my money on the railway.

On paper I agree that team would hold their own and finish in the top 4.not seen lakeside play but as for names in the squad I would put my money on the railway.

Lakeside have won the league for the last 10 yes last 10 years, why would you say The Railway?

Lakeside have won the league for the last 10 yes last 10 years, why would you say The Railway?

As slim said its the managers that make them a better team it would go to railway if you swapped managers

Lets get a grip here. It's Sunday football!!!!!! No one really cares. How can you say one manager is better than another? Players turn up on a sunday and play!!!! No training with their "sunday" side, no set piece drills etc etc etc. Are we judging managers on who their friends/family members are who play for them????

Lets get back on topic.

My money`s on Liskead due Karl Curtis and Darren Edwards,i was told they had an interview for the job earlier in the week and out of the people mentioned so far those pair seem by far the best candidate`s.

At last some sense on the topic . . . . thank the lord for that. All this "my sunday manager is betther than yours" tosh was driving me mad!!

Could see this working and may have some substance.

I do know for a fact that Torpoint have been talking to people, formally and informally, in the last 2 weeks or so.

My only question on the idea of Edwards & Curtis is why leave Liskeard for a Club of almost identical stature !? They've done a great job at Liskeard but Lux Park playing surface slightly better (in my opinion), clubhouse bigger and used more regularly by the locals, floodlit astroturf training pitch and "rumour" has it Torpoint budget next season is low (£250'ish) and Liskeard will better that aswell.

Now I'm not a closet Liskeard fan but on that basis why would a side-ways, slightly backwards, move interest them ?

Sensible answers please . . . .

What about Graham Kirkup or Roger Fice? Both have experience as either Managers or assistance in this league. Cant believe talk of budgets of £250 so soon before the season starts. Who really knows apart from the committee what funds are available for the forthcoming season. If managers have been interviewed and budgets have been discussed, I would as a committee member be disappointed if match day budgets had been disclosed after speaking to possible candidates. Budgets are always a talking point when discussing teams, but how accurate are the figures discussed?

I hope Torpoint take their time and appoint the right person(s) for the job, the people over there deserve that. Although it annoys people on this post, the 2 Sunday clubs mentioned, a majority of those players turned out for Parkway over the last couple of seasons. When they were on song everything was rosey and great to watch.But when they were off they lacked discipline and argued amongst themselves. Sunday football totally different to the Pennisula standard.