Cornwall Football Forum

Thursday 3/5/12 results

Next wednesday div 4

Porthleven v mawnan res

Contantine v ruan minor.

Both ruan and mawnan on same points, last game for both teams, ruan have +2 goal advantage on mawnan for runners up position.

Tine - help out an old rival!

Port - its ruan!!

S**t result for mawnan. 3 down at half time. Tines penalty was dubious but mawnan had 2 definate 2nd half penaltys not given! however, mawnan had enough chances to put the game to bed but luck wasnt on our side today. good to see the ruan manager watching and celebrating with tine! Point to note, you will never catch me watching a game at ruan minor, id rather catch rats down poldark mine!

Tine played well today, jonny green and hirsty bossing the back line! Overall, disapointing for mawnan but onwards and upwards an hopefully results will go our way next wednesday.

Well done constantine and good luck for remaining games.

Next wednesday div 4

Porthleven v mawnan res

Contantine v ruan minor.

Both ruan and mawnan on same points, last game for both teams, ruan have +2 goal advantage on mawnan for runners up position.

Tine - help out an old rival!

Port - its ruan!!

S**t result for mawnan. 3 down at half time. Tines penalty was dubious but mawnan had 2 definate 2nd half penaltys not given! however, mawnan had enough chances to put the game to bed but luck wasnt on our side today. good to see the ruan manager watching and celebrating with tine! Point to note, you will never catch me watching a game at ruan minor, id rather catch rats down poldark mine!

Tine played well today, jonny green and hirsty bossing the back line! Overall, disapointing for mawnan but onwards and upwards an hopefully results will go our way next wednesday.

Well done constantine and good luck for remaining games.

Tines pen looked pretty good to me, your penalty shouts......handball against johny green was a pen but ref was on wrong side to see it, the foul maybe was a pen but seen them not given, the fact that your player did a triple pike and in the air i think persuaded the ref that it was a dive. Mawnan couldve won with the chances they had but we (Tine) were resolute and defended well with some luck on the way ( post twice) and prob desserved the win. We were better first half, mawnan 2nd half but we defended just well enough to hang on and how sweet it was!!! Was a good game and good for the few spectators that turned up. poor from the management of mawnan to hassle the ref at the end and only Andrew julian stopped for a drink ( fair play to him). As for kev calling the ref special, thought he did ok and in fairness couldve sent kev off more than once for swearing and moaning

The ref was special! I swore once, I believe I actually said " that's where the ball was when I ******* walked over" and if that is worthy of 7 red cards then I hold my hands up

Think you will find in the rules that that is worthy of one red card. You said that to the ref in an arguement about where the free kick should be taken from, anyway well done both teams, was a cracking game

Amazing! A local derby, five goal thriller, penalties that were given, penalties that should of been given, crossbars struck, posts hit, fingertip saves and the main point of your match report - KEVIN MORRIS says ******* and doesn't get 7 red cards

Amazing! A local derby, five goal thriller, penalties that were given, penalties that should of been given, crossbars struck, posts hit, fingertip saves and the main point of your match report - KEVIN MORRIS says ******* and doesn't get 7 red cards

To be fair, my first post i mentioned the penalty shouts amd that you hit post twice and each team played well in different halves. your first post just mentioned the ref was special, had to defend him slightly that was all after he was harrassed after the game and believe it was you that mentioned the ref was "pretty special". everyone that was there no what you mean after the actions of your manager after the game. i also said it was a cracking game. really enjoyed it.

I think the tensions were high at the en of the game because it was such an important game for us and we needed a result and as a team i think

We let the management down first half but i think maybe they felt we had two penaltys which could have got us the vital point (at least) that we needed. The trip in the box was a definate penalty because had he been able to stay on his feet he was clean through on goal so why would he go over? Anyway it was a good game and apologies that nobody came in for a drink, these midweek games can sometimes interfere with work and i think that was the case this evening. If Tine get a result against Ruan Minor we will all come down for a night out in your club house LOL.