Cornwall Football Forum

Community shield

Guest Charley

Guest Peppermint

Winkle Picker must have been watching a different game because I did not see Scott Sinclair running rings around anyone. Sinclair is never coming back to Argyle!

As for Paul's comments you only have to see that a few hours earlier St Blazey lost to Dartmouth and he had to vent his frustrations somehow!

Game was a boring none event and a total waste of time but atleast the fat cats at the FA now have another couple of million in the bank. The worst thing about the game was that they had liverpool playing afterwards on sky. Now there's a reason for "YAWN". Do they actually ever set out to win a game or does everything just have to be a draw?. People keep saying that the gooners are the team that will drop out of the top 4, I personally don't think that the top 4 will change BUT if anybody is going to drop out of the top 4, it will be liverpool and not the goons. Most boring team in the country = LFC.

scousers are bound to have found the community shield boring down to the fact that they were not in it & to be in it you have to have done well domestically and as liverpool were out of every domestic trophy just after christmas they had more chance of keeping their hubcaps as they had of being in the seasons curtain raiser

but it will be there season this year (my arse) :clapper::clapper: :clapper:

Guest Peppermint

Steven Gerrard's punch was played down by the Liverpool Manager but it was quite unsavoury and he was very lucky not to have been red carded. These four way pre season friendlies always seem to throw controversies and are they really worth it. Still money talks!

Can tell your a spurs fan coopsie :clapper:

Why??. I haven't said anything about spurs, other than IF they are to break into the top 4 (which i clearly state that "I don't believe that they will"), it will be at the expense of Liverpool and not Arsenal. Peppermint, I agree with you about Gerrards punching of the feyenoord guy. He should be banned just like anybody else that punches or raises their hands towards an opponents face. He ran 15 yards just to punch the guy in the side of the face (by the way, did you notice how the guy didn't even seem to notice he'd been hit by the girly tap of the gifted scouse skipper). A punch is a punch and no matter whether it's in a champions league final or a pre season tournament, The panel at the FA should take a look at the incident and ban the scally skipper for as long as is necessary. However, perhaps he was just so bloody bored with the game and how Liverpool play, he just decided to amuse himself by getting rid of his frustrations in the only way he knew how. There were no cars to rob on the pitch so he punched an opponent in the face. :thumbsup: .. Fair do's

GOOD OLD COOPSIE TELLS YOU HOW IT IS, AND THE GUY SPEAKS ALOT OF TRUTH WHEN HE SAYS LIVERPOOL ARE BORING, THEY CUDNT PAY ME TO WATCH THEM :clapper:

HECK, somebody agreeing with 1 of my post's :o ... whatever next,spurs to win something?. Or is that going a bit too far. :wacko:

I think that you'll be a better UNIT without feeling the need to rely upon the unquestionable talents of the gifted french record breaker. Van Persie is ready to step up to the mark now (if he can stay injury free) and Cesc Fabregas is just scarily good for a lad of his age. I like that guy Sagna that you signed,solid and dependable and IF you can get Gallas to stop moaning and IF Fabianski is good enough to replace Hasselhoff in goal, you'll be pushing Chelski. Obviously you need to make sure that unlike last season, there's an end result to that pretty football you play because chances missed last season were silly and cost you atleast 1 place in the league.Remember that you only finished 4th last season because liverpool outscored you,that's got to hurt.

I totally agree, the finishing was terrible last season, lost count of how many times it was in the box but not in the goal!

Sagna is a great player i`m hoping Eduardo will be a good strike force alongside Van Persie, think we`ll see the best from Hleb this year as he was awesome at the Emirates cup and not forgetting the better version of `Cashley Cole` Mr Gael Clichy.

Could go on and on but wont want to bore everyone.

Top 4 will all be there again and tottenham will be there keeping the pressure on, and i think it will be an excellent season with the likes of west ham splashing out on some good players and creeping up the table, Although i cant say the same for Man city i think they will be confused as hell with Sven, the bloke is a circus!

100% agree about you finishing in the top 4 BUT if Arsenal play to the best of their ability and the youngsters fulfil their promise, it could possibly be top 2?. Can't help but feel that Man Utd have strenghthened superbly and will have no problems whatsoever recapturing their title.

Big Martin Jol needs to get more tactically astute or positive before I start to believe that Spurs will get the holy grail of top 4. However, in 2+ years I believe that we will have the best young squad in the country and I will once again say that every footy fan should look out for an 18 year old who I think will figure a fair amount this season, his name is "Adel Taarabt". He's the young guy that came on and changed that awesome game against West Ham last year and then not long afterwards went and ran rings around a certain John Terry.

He's definately one to watch out for, along with a lad called Berchiche and a certain left winger called Danny Rose who we got from leeds. Chelsea were taken to court last year for trying to poach him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6crFIrYBqsM

Guest Charley

i did watch the game with some mates but the drinks were flowing and i remember edwin making three fine saves to deny the chelsea scum. had a phat nite celebrating as well

Good on you for enjoying the occasion (excuse to get hammered). Van der sar did you proud and it's good for him because his confidence is/was shot and he's talking of this being his last season because he feel's that he didn't perform well enough to be man utd's number 1 last season.Will be a shame when he does give up BUT Foster will be a heck of a replacement.Surely he'll be picked before that Kusczak fella?.