Cornwall Football Forum

Gilbert for England??

After a successful league and senior cup double with the chance of the Throgmorton cup in sight. Bodmin Town manager Darren Gilbert must be praised for his work and committment at the club especially looking at the teams record this year. Every local football fan must acknowledge the work he has done on and off the field with his backroom staff. Well Done!!!

Dont make me laugh How could gilbert be an England manager he wont take his club above swl level long long way to go unfortunately.bodmin is a great squad too good for this level,you will probably win again next season and season after the real winners are the ones wanting to go up which is how it should be well done buckland the real players and managers

Things are not as simply as that my friend.

Like ? Players don't want to travel to far due to work commitments? Pitch size? Enlighten me a team that only loses twice in a season is far to good for this league.bodmin is a great team no doubt about it to good for this league it's like a 15 year old sat in junior school.it stops other clubs winning trophys and that's not jealousy it's frustration.

Think back a few years when Bodmin were down the bottom of the league, every team can do what they did, get better!

Better back room, better manager (Allen) and now Darren who has taken them through hard work and loyalty to a new success.

Darren is a winner, Slicedbread you seem to be a whiner.When he played he always wanted to win and it showed in the way he played. I have not met a nicer guy after a game, he has time for every one.

Darren for England, i can see him laughing at that! Well done Bodmin and Buckland for achieving your goals this season, and great to see Blazey stay up. They can regroup and have a better season next time, i'm sure they will!

Think back a few years when Bodmin were down the bottom of the league, every team can do what they did, get better!

Better back room, better manager (Allen) and now Darren who has taken them through hard work and loyalty to a new success.

Darren is a winner, Slicedbread you seem to be a whiner.When he played he always wanted to win and it showed in the way he played. I have not met a nicer guy after a game, he has time for every one.

Darren for England, i can see him laughing at that! Well done Bodmin and Buckland for achieving your goals this season, and great to see Blazey stay up. They can regroup and have a better season next time, i'm sure they will!

That just avoids the question why not go up?credit where credits due your at the top of this league there are many more why stop now? Raving how good everything is but staying the big fish in a little pond makes no sense congrats on whatever you have achieved but your implying that's it now you've reached your goal? Surly swl is the beginning and you stopped short you could achieve so much more.don't think England would want someone who wouldn't lead them further.i found it funny also as I'm sure Darren has,however i found it funny for a different reason.and as for the whining have you never watched Bodmin play watch the dug outs that's whining.

Only two league matches lost , and the chance of a treble . No matter what you think of them being promotion refuseniks , you have to take your hat off to that .

It's up to other teams to up their game and get closer to them . With Buckland going up there is a danger that it could become a procession next season .

Slicedbread, you are now getting boring. I am nothing to do with Bodmin, in fact Falmouth Town are my team, but can you not understand that Bodmin's ground is owned by the council and to go up to the next level, there must be hard standing on at least 3 sides of the pitch. Do you know that the council will permit this? Also, a lot of clubs are suffering from the recession, less sponsorship and higher running costs. In my view, unless a rich benefactor comes along as with Truro City, it is almost impossible for clubs from Cornwall to move to the Western League. Remember, Buckland Athletic are just down the road from the M5 so they are in a much better position to take promotion and good luck to them next season.

Slicedbread, you are now getting boring. I am nothing to do with Bodmin, in fact Falmouth Town are my team, but can you not understand that Bodmin's ground is owned by the council and to go up to the next level, there must be hard standing on at least 3 sides of the pitch. Do you know that the council will permit this? Also, a lot of clubs are suffering from the recession, less sponsorship and higher running costs. In my view, unless a rich benefactor comes along as with Truro City, it is almost impossible for clubs from Cornwall to move to the Western League. Remember, Buckland Athletic are just down the road from the M5 so they are in a much better position to take promotion and good luck to them next season.

Do you know the council won't ?Do you know if anyone asked?

Just down road from m5?meaning what it's is long way to travel?

All these things should have been looked into along time ago if Bodmin want to go up that is.i gathered you where a falmouth supporter straight in with insult.still no clear answer.parkway sorted their ground out to go up because they wanted to go up.bodmin have been at the top for a while now something should of been sorted instead of excuses.

Why does it have to cost more to go up a level? Bodmin have a loyal squad of players that play for Darren and not the "expenses" they are paid, so if they are too hard up to pay for a coach to take them to Bristol, a tenner from each player and fan would easily meet the cost. What's the point of winning the same league year in year out? Especially a league that you know you are going to win before the season starts.Might aswell have an all Cornish league then the problem is solved, no vase no FA cup same old fixtures for 100 years clubs with the biggest budgets winning everything and Cornish football going nowhere, so so dissapointing.

You're right Hoppit, just been told by one of your sources who i have to believe, because you know every thing about all clubs...... Yes folks i have beaten Hoppit with this release (MAN UNITED ARE HANDING BACK ALL THEIR PREMIER LEAGUE TITLES)

And that folks is a joke, Please ask some one to explain it to you Hoppit and Slicedbread,

I guess, in all honesty, supporters of all clubs(except Truro City), within Cornwall, are envious of the success of Bodmin Town. Like him or hate him, Darren Gilbert has assembled a very strong squad of players at Bodmin Town.

Guess its up to other clubs to find a way to compete against them.

Why bother using any dots commas when you cant grasp how league football works. congrats on winning the league next season too.love the banter too have a great summer too sure theres gonna be more pre season banter though.

You our one massive nugget slicedbread!

Was it not enough to slate your supposed team(torpoint) you slate every other team!

Look at the climate there is no money around you tool! for people to travel fuel is to expensive and people cannot afford to leave there work early for risk of losing there jobs!

Fair play Bodmin live within there means and don't get themselves in trouble finacially!

Truro are ruined now Heaney has no money left!

I wouldn't want to see any club suffer through living beyound there means!

Grow up bread a do 1!

Why bother using any dots commas when you cant grasp how league football works. congrats on winning the league next season too.love the banter too have a great summer too sure theres gonna be more pre season banter though.

You our one massive nugget slicedbread!

Was it not enough to slate your supposed team(torpoint) you slate every other team!

Look at the climate there is no money around you tool! for people to travel fuel is to expensive and people cannot afford to leave there work early for risk of losing there jobs!

Fair play Bodmin live within there means and don't get themselves in trouble finacially!

Truro are ruined now Heaney has no money left!

I wouldn't want to see any club suffer through living beyound there means!

Grow up bread a do 1!

Grow up lmao read what you just wrote.i speak my mind and give my opinion dont like it? Dont read it.Its called free will.

You're right Hoppit, just been told by one of your sources who i have to believe, because you know every thing about all clubs...... Yes folks i have beaten Hoppit with this release (MAN UNITED ARE HANDING BACK ALL THEIR PREMIER LEAGUE TITLES)

And that folks is a joke, Please ask some one to explain it to you Hoppit and Slicedbread,

Man U have won the highest league possible don't you realise that. Bodmin could do really well WITHIN THEIR MEANS if only they would try.. I'm on Bodmin's side and i live there unlike you.

Man U have won the highest league possible don't you realise that. Bodmin could do really well WITHIN THEIR MEANS if only they would try.. I'm on Bodmin's side and i live there unlike you.

Couldn't agree more clearly they are a great team and could achieve so much more I said this earlier on yet some people read it as I was slating them????.it's purely football no more and no less

If they were to be relegated for not going up what would happen then ??.

Hoppit, if you do live in Bodmin could you go to the club and ask Sheila to make you an appointment with the chairman and Darren, they will then i'n sure tell you their reasons for not going up. Perhaps then you will shut up and give us a break for awhile! As for Man U, that was a joke, as i said before if you don't understand get some one to explain it to you. My time living in Bodmin was spent supporting them. they we're down at the bottom part of the time the rest was good though. I have a great affection for all football,but some so called supporters seem so willing to tell others how to spend their money.

Slicedbread, If Bodmin was relegated for not going up how many clubs would follow them down,There are about two clubs at the moment that say they will move up, so stop talking silly PLEASE!!!

Well done to Darren and everyone at Bodmin as a Bodmin boy watching home and away its been a pleasure and a joy to watch ..to all you anti Bodmin people carry on doubting us but we will always be there we are not going away!!..well done lads lets now get the treble!!!

Well done to Darren and everyone at Bodmin as a Bodmin boy watching home and away its been a pleasure and a joy to watch ..to all you anti Bodmin people carry on doubting us but we will always be there we are not going away!!..well done lads lets now get the treble!!!

All ways be there? Not going away? Why? sounds like you know why your not progressing enlighten me please.

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, May 1, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, May 1, 2012 - No reason given

All ways be there? Not going away? Why? sounds like you know why your not progressing enlighten me please.

Give it rest your boring slicedbread know one wants to here your ass talk.

Hoppit, if you do live in Bodmin could you go to the club and ask Sheila to make you an appointment with the chairman and Darren, they will then i'n sure tell you their reasons for not going up. Perhaps then you will shut up and give us a break for awhile! As for Man U, that was a joke, as i said before if you don't understand get some one to explain it to you. My time living in Bodmin was spent supporting them. they we're down at the bottom part of the time the rest was good though. I have a great affection for all football,but some so called supporters seem so willing to tell others how to spend their money.

Slicedbread, If Bodmin was relegated for not going up how many clubs would follow them down,There are about two clubs at the moment that say they will move up, so stop talking silly PLEASE!!!

For goodness sake, you are just SO RUDE! I thought people were allowed opinions on this forum.

It seems to me there are two or three of you on here that just get pleasure slating others.

I get your point Sliced Bread and hoppit and I've heard several of others that do as well. No-one is questioning what Darren and his team have achieved, it's just brilliant for Cornish football, but why not try the next step up the ladder?

By the way, Good Luck in the Throgmorton Cup to both Bodmin and Buckland. May the best team win!

Rude, may be, yes of course they're allowed an opinion. There has been more than one ore two with the same opinion as Slicedbread and Hoppit,They have said their piece and moved on! If you've read any of my replys to their opinion you will see i've acknowledged that. Slicedbread and Hoppit are like a movie, you don't mind listening to, but get fed up with all the repeats!!!

Yours True Fan, (Chris).

Rude, may be, yes of course they're allowed an opinion. There has been more than one ore two with the same opinion as Slicedbread and Hoppit,They have said their piece and moved on! If you've read any of my replys to their opinion you will see i've acknowledged that. Slicedbread and Hoppit are like a movie, you don't mind listening to, but get fed up with all the repeats!!!

Yours True Fan, (Chris).

On the contrary, alot of what they've said makes sense, so like a good film, I could listen/watch again and again.

On the contrary, a lot of what they've said makes sense, so like a good film, I could listen/watch again and again.

I wasn't going to say anymore, but i feel so sad for you! If you can say they're repeating the same old thing over and over again is like a good film to you, you should get out more.

On the contrary, a lot of what they've said makes sense, so like a good film, I could listen/watch again and again.

I wasn't going to say anymore, but i feel so sad for you! If you can say they're repeating the same old thing over and over again is like a good film to you, you should get out more.

There you go again!

I don't want you feeling sorry for me thanks! I'm happy supporting my local teams during the season. Goodbye!