Cornwall Football Forum

Ludgvan Promoted to Combo

this is what cornishteddyboy said

"Why Ground Hop of course like I do now!

We won't go down, we'll overtake Mullion at the bottom, the league will increase to 20 and only one club will be promoted and none relegated, leaving Ludgvan in the Trelawney for another season.

It's already been worked out in advance!

Remember they don't have to promote two teams it's just one of the options possible."

Penzance will need a minimum of 4 points from 2 away games (Newquay & Illogan)to stand any chance of survival.What Paul was saying is tongue in cheek or extremely optimistic. CTB is a realist and fully understands what the likelihood of Penzances fate is.All the Best to the Club at all levels for the future. Look at what Ludgvan have achieved by going down to Trelawney Prem and as a Club you will return stronger at some point in the future

No leagues should be much more than 16 or 18 max so personally (although my brother Pitty wont appreciate it) I think it should be 3 down from Combo and send the 2 up if they want to go up. Leaving 18 teams next year. (I know it wont happen but it should)

All those teams that come down if they are that good they will go straight back up to combo next year(probably stronger) if they aren't good enough to go back up then they are playing in the right division and standard.

There has to be promotion and relegation of teams in the combo every year to keep it interesting for all teams and players involved, and that can only benefit the league and its standard.

No leagues should be much more than 16 or 18 max so personally (although my brother Pitty wont appreciate it) I think it should be 3 down from Combo and send the 2 up if they want to go up. Leaving 18 teams next year. (I know it wont happen but it should)

All those teams that come down if they are that good they will go straight back up to combo next year(probably stronger) if they aren't good enough to go back up then they are playing in the right division and standard.

There has to be promotion and relegation of teams in the combo every year to keep it interesting for all teams and players involved, and that can only benefit the league and its standard.

I don't think that if three clubs are relegated from the Combination to Trelawny Premier,three can be promoted the following year.Might take two or three years but those teams will bounce back stronger than they are now.

This Ludgvan team is almost a completely different one to that relegated last season.Hope that they hang around the club and not return to previous clubs.

Look at what Ludgvan have achieved by going down to Trelawney Prem and as a Club you will return stronger at some point in the future

Exactly! Perhaps if Penzance do go down to Trelawny Premier, they can sign on the Ludgvan team from this season to help them get straight back up. lol

Your no longer my brother how dare you say we must be relegated!!! Lol

Seriously though I do agree with most of Gareth's comments I would love us to retain our senior status this season as their is some exciting times ahead at Blaythorne with a great crop of youngsters coming through and with the current squad we have managed to pull off quite a few decent performances towards the end of our fixtures. Unfortunately we let ourselves down in fixtures we should have done better in and didn't get the points we had the potential to achieve. That is entirely our fault and if relegated we will take it on the chin and drop into another competitive league (secretly Gareth just wants the holmans v Illogan derby next year as in my opinion it's the best one in the local area)

Congratulations to Goonhavern & Ludgvan on returning to senior football and I hope we will get the chance to play against you next season in the league. Watching the results come in tuesday particularly Penzance and mullions could be a bit of a nail biting experience but if things don't go our way the boys from blaythorne are off for a charity golf/drinking/fa cup watching event all day Saturday to help relieve the pain :)

Guest smashing pumpkin

Look at what Ludgvan have achieved by going down to Trelawney Prem and as a Club you will return stronger at some point in the future

Exactly! Perhaps if Penzance do go down to Trelawny Premier, they can sign on the Ludgvan team from this season to help them get straight back up. lol

exactly what i thought before i read your post

Well said - couldn't agree more.