Cornwall Football Forum

St.Austell vs Grampound 1st may

kick off at 7.30 pm at st austell

hopefully a good game as st austell are pushing for the title are currently 3 points behind major with 2 games in hand and is grampounds last game of the season so will want to finish with a good result and try to keep hold of third place

game to played under floodlights, will be a great experience

fingers crossed the weather gets better so the game will go ahead

I wasn't at the game so I can only assume Kellow fell on him

hahaha very funny!!! it was actually hutchings pace in a 1on1 race that looked like made woody fall over and on to his shoulder. Not pretty when he was walking off holding it but hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

The game actually in the first half was much closer than the score line suggests. With grampound on top for the majority of it and st.austell not able to keep the ball. Two nick bennetts goals put us 2-1 (own goal from d.kitson) up going into half time.

With 2 immediate substitution's and a change in formation we came out all gun's blazing and put 5 past grampound with not much of a reply (couple half chances). Not a bad game all in all.

Scorers

Bennetts 2

Kellow (yes me)

Sundercombe 3 (pure power)

Patton (delicate lob)

Onwards and upwards to the next game.

Completely agree Kellow and Pauller8. Grampound were very much the better team in the 1st half. The 2nd half however, we came out and really showed our qualities. Saturdays game can`t come quick enough. Well done lads, up the lillywhites, 2nds.

A good game with 2 very different halfs, Grampound starting with a very fast tempo forcing st austell on the back foot for a majority of the first half. Despite all grampounds pressure. We gladly managed to make it into half time 2.1 too the good. Great tactical decision from the gaffer at half time and the second half was a completely different story line with town scoring 5 second half goals with no reply. Good luck to grampound next season and I hope Woody has a speedy recovery from his shoulder injury looked a nasty one... Roll on Saturdays fixture now another big game v st dennis. Come on town and goodluck to grampound for next season.