Cornwall Football Forum

Jubilee Cup Final OFF

I’m just saying that yeah we’ve worked hard to get there and I’m not complaining about that but with it being our third team there is a few, well let’s say more mature players and expecting them to play 2 games in 3 days, 2 big games as well after long days at work in ridiculous.

It doesn't help that we are playing against a very good Wendron side.....

Oh well we can only but try.

Mark

The venues and match officals are all picked beforehand.

We had Len Stevens referreing us against Gulval in the semi final last week. That man has played loads of games for gulval and comes from that way. But we knew he had all be decided before the semis were complete.

At least it gives everyone a chance at hosting. Because to be honest unless someone like Gulval reaches the final Marazion are never going to host..... By the way the semi was played at Rosudgeon, but we have a semi and now a final at Carharrack so we can't complain.

Mark

What I mean is that unfortunately as I have already said the match officials and venues were picked before the teams made the finals so to the previous post regarding us and Wendron playing at Marazion is just unlucky as the league don't know who’s going to be in the particular final, that’s why the pitch is not as normally half way between the two clubs.

In regards to your post mangle the same goes for the referees the league doesn't know who’s going to be in the final and we got a referee who had played many games for our opposition. It's just unfortunate but I think its good organisation by the league, everyone knows what’s going on well in advance. Just for you information I think Len Stevens is a good ref and one that I enjoy meeting when playing football. Always up for a chat before and after the game.

Hope that clears that up

Mark

I agree with you Mark about the finals not only are they midweek and people have work to consider but if you look at the fixtures for next week wendron 3rds play 8th,9th,10th...ok the league game on the 9th hasn't any bearing on the league outcome but how is this supposed to give anyone time to rest and get the season long niggles a chance to recover!