Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway`s new boss next season

There is a lot of speculation about this subject and to be honest it would be a good move for parkway he has done a great job at launceston this season but as usual we will have to see if this materializes or not.there has been a lot of changes at parkway this season and it seems as though they are back on the up a new manager will bring new players and change which could send them either way.

Here we go again .

Say what you want about the managership of Gez and Wayne , but the way they stabilised the ship after the dismal days of January and sent us on the run of form that we saw ,can only be applauded .

In the days leading up to the Witheridge away game we were really concerned that we would not even get a side out .

We won five-nil . A lot of other sides have slipped up at Witheridge ( notably Buckland last week) .

With the two Heverans,Bonney,Bevan,Stringer,Doel,Wyatt,Sam Hillson,Richards and Cooper in the squad we have something to work with .Would be a shame if that all disappears in another spell of upheaval in the summer .

One of the reasons I stopped following local non-league football in the early 2000's was that I got totally fed up of the constant managerial and player churn . Whole blocks of people making regular leaps from one club to another for no obvious reasons (other than a few extra quid) .

Here we go again .

Say what you want about the managership of Gez and Wayne , but the way they stabilised the ship after the dismal days of January and sent us on the run of form that we saw ,can only be applauded .

In the days leading up to the Witheridge away game we were really concerned that we would not even get a side out .

We won five-nil . A lot of other sides have slipped up at Witheridge ( notably Buckland last week) .

With the two Heverans,Bonney,Bevan,Stringer,Doel,Wyatt,Sam Hillson,Richards and Cooper in the squad we have something to work with .Would be a shame if that all disappears in another spell of upheaval in the summer .

One of the reasons I stopped following local non-league football in the early 2000's was that I got totally fed up of the constant managerial and player churn . Whole blocks of people making regular leaps from one club to another for no obvious reasons (other than a few extra quid) .

Wat about Matt Strickland being in the squad?.

Here we go again .

I have nothing bad to say about either Gez or Wayne both are great managers although I feel both have differences in how games are played.if a manager leaves it usually means most of the team follow this happened at torpoint this season and they turned it round in the end.If Wayne does stay and Gez leaves possibly most of the team will stay.if cooper arrives many will arrive from launceston.

Speculation this time of season is high but no one knows except them.

Last time I overheard someone in a pub the whole of man united were gonna be turned into pumpkins at midnight didn't happen it was only Rooney.

I hope things stay the same, I've only just started following them and slowly getting used to who is who! :mellow:

At Chorley, we had lots of changing from 2003 to 2010. We went from play-off places to relegation scraps, that's by going through 7 managers. You need consistency, especially at non-league level. The consistent ones are the supporters, if they remain then any club can come fighting back.

Have been away working most of the week so have only just seen this post. I know it is only speculaton but what does Wayne Hilson and Gez Baggott feel IF they read these posts, Most of all What do Launceston think when they hear that their managers name being bandied around as the next Parkway manager. Pub talk eh,

By all accounts Parkway were totally outplayed in the 1st half at Buckland on Saturday but responded brilliantly in the 2nd half, Pulled the game back to 3-2 and were a whisker away from the equaliser, Sounds to me that a good half time talk was responded in a positive manner.

Thats the way it seems down at Bolitho at the moment, very positive. After the mass exodus of players at the club they could have easily have just seen the rest season out. But no both team and managment have responded in a professional way. They have gone out and added to the squad, Matt Strickland a experienced player at this level, who had a great run in the team and was unlucky to lose his place. Jamie Bass a very versatile and promising youngster. Shaun Bonney from what I have heard and seen, has something about him. Also a few other youngsters they have tried..

On top of the exodus, they lose Ryan Richards for what appears to be the rest of the season. Despite these setbacks they are still aiming for that top four finish. Well done to managment and the team for not letting the season fizzle out, you deserve that top four finish.

Your right Hillson & gez deserve credit 4 sticking with it & not just thinking that's it when krac, Hobbs etc... Left. The prob is do u think it was good management. 2 constantly bring players in & out of the squad? If u look @ how many players have been through the parkway home changing rooms this year. You've had about another squad on top of what you've had leave 4 one reason or another. Surely there a question to be answered there? Elphick, Davies, Chitty, Ashton, krac, brooks, Alexander, mason, Sargent, wright, Hobbs just 2 name but a few!! That team there alone is decent.

Just because players are coming and going, it doesn't mean bad management. Players could leave because of personal reasons, travel costs and work commitments. If anything, it's good management that brings the players in. They want to play for someone with the right attitude. In non-league players come and go anyway, most clubs have revolving doors unless you can afford to contract them. (I'm sure I'll get more used to this league as time goes on!)

The 2 successful teams over the last 3 or 4 years have pretty much kept the same players. Just added 1 or 2 to keep it fresh. (Bodmin & buckland)

I thought last seasons team at parkway were a strong team maybe needed odd tweak here and there to end higher in the league.went wrong for a bit but definatly a stronger team now than earlier in the season.think parkway will meet torpoint tonight wanting to prove a point for the last meeting when parkway were struggling to put a team together.