Cornwall Football Forum

young refs

Guest smashing pumpkin

Guest smashing pumpkin

iv seen a few young refs this season and have been impressed with them, especially today ref ciaran barlow who is 17 years old

and did a fantastic job today .

i know refs get a hard time most matches and can be hard enough to deal with by the most experianced refs let alone a young lad.

hopefully well see more like ciaran barlow .

stuck by his descions and some where tough calls and didnt get intimadated from the appeals which maybe other young lads may do.

Guest BenTheYeti

We've only had one "young" ref this season.. the (in)famous Callum Wilkinson.. but I'm all for young referees at any level of the game. I'd imagine the trouble is that most lads aged between 16-22 that have an interest in football only want to play the game..

YEP

I do agree there a good young refs around. But can I ask people what would players want.......a ref who is experience and knows what he is doing (whether fit or not) or a referee who does not know what he is doing but young and keeping up with play?

Guest smashing pumpkin

YEP

I do agree there a good young refs around. But can I ask people what would players want.......a ref who is experience and knows what he is doing (whether fit or not) or a referee who does not know what he is doing but young and keeping up with play?

an experianced ref , aslong as his eye sights good.