Cornwall Football Forum

Buckland Promoted !!!!!

Buckland Athletic 6 Liskeard Athletic 0

Wright (5)

Stevens

Stevens also missed a Pen.

Buckland gain promotion to the Toolstation Western Premier League with a resounding victory over Liskeard.

To be honest Buckland should have won this game with double figures.

A completely different performance from the one at Witheridge on Saturday.

Disappointed with Liskeard who did not stay on the pitch to congratulate or see Buckland get their runners up medals and trophy.

Wright (5)

Stevens

Buckland gain promotion to the Toolstation Western Premier League with a resounding victory over Liskeard.

Disappointed with Liskeard who did not stay on the pitch to congratulate or see Buckland get their runners up medals and trophy.

Well done to Buckland, their fans and officials. Good to see them clap Liskeard off the pitch at the end of the game after they had reieved quite a thumping. I don't think many teams would stay to see medals awarded after being beaten like that! but would just want to get to the dressing room sharpish. What of the Liskeard fans who were at the game, some of us did stay behind to applaud Buckland when they were awarded their medals although the draw of the Chelsea Barcelona dramatics was very strong!! I though Buckland were excellent tonight and probably the best team performance I've seen this year. Sam Borthwick in the Liskeard goal was a busy man tonight and was probably Liskeards MOM which says it all. Good luck to Buckland next season and to their sporting fans. (Far more sporting than the one's who support a team that hasn't the bottle or desire to test themselves against better opposition

Good post mikesrep, and agree you can't really blame the liskeard players, as you say took a bit of a beating tonight and I would've wanted to get off the pitch ASAP

Thought we played with such a tempo tonight just didn't let you get into the game, wrighty could've got 8 himself tonight,hit the post and keeper saved a few times from him, and he also could've done better on a few occasions. Thought keeper was your MOM as made numerous good saves but just seemed to get blamed by the defenders most of the game, when really they were at fault for most chances. I'm glad we finally got over the line as sat we were awful, but tonight we were excellent, the lads now have a full 45 hours rest before the final v Tiverton

Look forward to Tuesday and the return and I'm probably right in saying you won't see us in that form that night!!!

Congratulations to everyone at Buckland Athletic. I have little doubt that your fantastic club can go on and become just as big a fish in the Western Premier as you have been in the SWPL.

It has taken five years but FINALLY we have a side who will be moving on up.

Hopefully other sides who should move on will follow suit in seasons to come.

Congratulations Buckland ! Good luck next season, you should do well in the Western League as although it is Level 5, apart from the top 4 or 5 clubs it is no stronger than the top of the CSWPL.

Well done to Buckland and moving on. By the sounds of it, won't be long before you're in the Southern League and progressing further

All at Bodmin Town would like to add their congratulations to Buckland Athletic on achieving their aim of playing in the Western League next season. We are sure they will be very successful at this level, as matches between clubs of the two leagues in recent seasons have indicated that there is very little difference in the overall standard of football. Best wishes for a very successful 2012/13

Are you sure YOU have drawn a line under it!!

Well done to all BAFC, good luck for next season.

Totally mate, just wondering if SM is big enough to come back on here and admit he was wrong, quick to give his opinions on things, I'm not after much a simple " I was wrong, you guys are brilliant" will do lol

Totally mate, just wondering if SM is big enough to come back on here and admit he was wrong, quick to give his opinions on things, I'm not after much a simple " I was wrong, you guys are brilliant" will do lol

Dont think that will happen, BUT, Everyone has an opinion, just because you dont agree with them, doesnt make them wrong. IF your that bothered about SM, then have the B**** to say it to him face to face...... oh just my opinion!

Dont think that will happen, BUT, Everyone has an opinion, just because you dont agree with them, doesnt make them wrong. IF your that bothered about SM, then have the B**** to say it to him face to face...... oh just my opinion!

Ok see your point, so in my opinion SM is wrong, he claims we wouldn't take promotion and we have, can't see our paths crossing in the near future, unless he wants to take in 1 of our away games next season while we are up his neck of the woods, so can only do at this time as SM does, put opinions/thoughts throu a keyboard onto here and not face to face. ;)

Well done buckland. Only thing is why would u want liskeard 2 applaud u picking up your runners up trophy. It isn't as tho your Bodmin & actually won the league!!

But they have had a great season an took promotion which a lot of clubs don't do. Would like 2 wish buckland all the best next season.

We are at the wrong end of the country I'm afriad. It will only happen if another Heaney comes along.

I know this has been gone over many times but, if more Cornish sides took promotion then surely you would give the Western League a huge tug in this direction ?

If a club has ambition to play at a very good level of football, then for now, the only route is through the Western League and If some of the fees paid to players by some clubs are to be believed, then perhaps promotion has nothing to do with finances after all ?

As for ourselves? We are really looking forward to next season and as Dave Deacon said, if Midlandlillywhites analysis of the Western League is correct, then we should make a big splash and you never know ,the team that are named after, and originally came from the council estate in Newton Abbot where I grew up, may be playing Southern League football in the not too distant future!

I can understand why the Cornish sides don't want the western lge, we are lucky that we are only five mins from effectivly the mouth of the M5' Penn Inn, the likes of Falmouth, Bodmin etc have 2 plus hours to get this far. I'm looking forward to it, but will miss the early train rides down to Penzance, Bodmin, Falmouth and my Favorite Blazey. But maybe new delights awaiting us up the road??

I can understand why the Cornish sides don't want the western lge, we are lucky that we are only five mins from effectivly the mouth of the M5' Penn Inn, the likes of Falmouth, Bodmin etc have 2 plus hours to get this far. I'm looking forward to it, but will miss the early train rides down to Penzance, Bodmin, Falmouth and my Favorite Blazey. But maybe new delights awaiting us up the road??

You'll find that the grounds of the Western League often lack character compared to the Cornish grounds your used to. But the standard of football is generally a bit better (you'll find that mid table sides are on a par with Bodmin, Buckland, Falmouth, etc.)

From Bodmin the M5 is easily accessible in less than an hour. They are now without doubt a smaller club that Buckland and have only themselves to blame (and we are a smaller club than both of you and have only ourselves to blame...)

We are at the wrong end of the country I'm afriad. It will only happen if another Heaney comes along.

Newquay and Penzance womens teams don't seem to have a problem with the travelling, neither do the county darts team who travel as far as Durham. It's either lack of ambition or the players that play at level 6 don't consider themselves good enough to move up the system. It seems a shame that good cornish talent are prepared to stagnate at level 6. There was more Cornish players playing a higher standard in the 50's and 60's when the road to Bristol was a dusty track and the only transport was a push bike or a horse. Very dissapointing and devastating for Cornish football.

Newquay and Penzance womens teams don't seem to have a problem with the travelling, neither do the county darts team who travel as far as Durham. It's either lack of ambition or the players that play at level 6 don't consider themselves good enough to move up the system. It seems a shame that good cornish talent are prepared to stagnate at level 6. There was more Cornish players playing a higher standard in the 50's and 60's when the road to Bristol was a dusty track and the only transport was a push bike or a horse. Very dissapointing and devastating for Cornish football.

Totally agree. The problem for Cornish clubs is not travelling. It's mentality. Plain and simple.

Take a fairly economical car (50mpg), fill it with four footballers and drive from mid-Cornwall to Bristol (a fairly typical step 5 journey). Fuel cost per player = approx £9, dare I say approx 1 hour wage.

Travelling costs are not the issue. Crossing the Tamar is.

There is an overhead gantry just south of Exeter Services which says "Bodmin 65 Miles 60 Minutes".

Easton In Gordano Services in Bristol is probably the same distance from this sign going North.

So in reality ,under two hours and its nearly all duel carriageway or motorway.

From my house to Penzance AFC is 2 Hours and 20 Minutes if I'm lucky ! So there is really nothing in it nor is there for the majority of Cornish clubs.

Travelling holds no water, Falmouth have players from Exeter and Torbay who travel down to play for them on a regular basis, so like I said it cant be financial restraints, Dan is probably right in his assumption.

Wright (5)

Stevens

There were quite a few Buckland supporters who did not stay outside for the presentation!!!