Cornwall Football Forum

Sticker promoted to SWP

Congratulations to Sticker! Fully deserved, much more consistent then us! Were not far off a really good side, 2/3 potential signings for next year and we can hopefully join them!

Keep Dan Starkey on the pitch and you definately will have a chance!! Quality player! Hope you do succeed as its good to have the smaller clubs getting into higher grade football.

Have Sticker had the "nod & wink" regarding ground grading ?

-I understand the SWPL will not confirm one way or another until the season is complete

can't see a problem with the groun grading Mike, facilities are excellent, pitch is great (one of the best surfaces i've had there pleasure to play on) lots of hard work done this season with hard standing and railings around the pitch, changing rooms are good, nice club house. big thank you to all the hard working people at Sticker AFC that have made this season such a pleasure for me personally, still got unfinished business this season yet though, so we'll concentrate on securing runners up and trying to win the Evely cup(looking forward to playing against a former club) and finish this season with a real bang, before we get to carried away about next season,cheers.

-I understand the SWPL will not confirm one way or another until the season is complete

can't see a problem with the groun grading Mike, facilities are excellent, pitch is great (one of the best surfaces i've had there pleasure to play on) lots of hard work done this season with hard standing and railings around the pitch, changing rooms are good, nice club house. big thank you to all the hard working people at Sticker AFC that have made this season such a pleasure for me personally, still got unfinished business this season yet though, so we'll concentrate on securing runners up and trying to win the Evely cup(looking forward to playing against a former club) and finish this season with a real bang, before we get to carried away about next season,cheers.

Good to hear Brad-The more clubs the better in our part of the Peninsula.

I was up there about 4 seasons ago and obviously a lot of progress has been made to the facilities according to reports

I have pencilled in the Evely Cup Final (Sticker v Falmouth) at Blazey so i will check on your form since your season at Falmouth(2005-06) ?lol

Good to hear Brad-The more clubs the better in our part of the Peninsula.

I was up there about 4 seasons ago and obviously a lot of progress has been made to the facilities according to reports

I have pencilled in the Evely Cup Final (Sticker v Falmouth) at Blazey so i will check on your form since your season at Falmouth(2005-06) ?lol

slower and more grey hair since then Mike, see you at Blaise Park!

I believe the Peninsula League are certainly looking forward to welcoming Sticker to their competition, and would certainly love to have Bude Town as well when they finish in the requisite promotion position.

Only one club from any feeder League to be promoted to the SWPL-Richard

Sorry, yes my post was unclear.

I meant "when" as in future seasons.

Mike, The Sticker ground grading was acceptable last season but the team didn't finish in a promotion spot. This season we have made even more improvements as Bradley says with a concrete path from the clubhouse to the grandstand, enlarged the grandstand and solid railings all around the pitch and last but not least a bell in the refs changing room! The SWPL committee meet on the 10thMay and will make their decision then.

Mike, The Sticker ground grading was acceptable last season but the team didn't finish in a promotion spot. This season we have made even more improvements as Bradley says with a concrete path from the clubhouse to the grandstand, enlarged the grandstand and solid railings all around the pitch and last but not least a bell in the refs changing room! The SWPL committee meet on the 10thMay and will make their decision then.

Must say I and a lot of other ECPL refs will be sorry they are "going up" as always enjoyed going to Sticker and having one of the fairest club linesman in the league. I am sure you will do well as there is not much to choose between Peninsula 1 and ECPL