Cornwall Football Forum

Supplementary Cup Semi Final

SUNDAY 29th APRIL

NEWQUAY

V

PERRANWELL

3pm KO

VOGUE PARK, ST DAY AFC

These two teams play each other at Vogue Park, Home of St Day AFC, this coming Sunday. Car park will be available to players, officials and CCFA only. Overflow car park will be at the pub 200 yards from the ground and is free. Entrance is £2 and £1 OAP (set by league) and there will be a match programme being sold on the day by the club.

Could I have the squads from both teams please to finish the programme??? I obviously have all the other information as the 2 teams have only recently in the last couple of weeks played at the club. However i'm not sure if the squads will change that’s why I’m asking again.

The kitchen, inside the clubhouse will be open selling tea, coffee, cakes and pasties, as well as Burgers are going to be on sale, along with the usual chips etc.

Half time refreshments will be available for all Newquay & Perranwell Officials

So come along to St Day AFC and watch what hopefully will be a cracking game of football. 3pm KO THIS SUNDAY!!!!

Club will be open from 12pm.....

On the big screen.......

13:30 CHELSEA V QPR

16:00 TOTTENHAM V BLACKBURN

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL ON SUNDAY, TO WHAT SHOULD BE A GREAT GAME OF FOOTBALL BY TWO FANTASTIC FOOTBALLING COMBINATION TEAMS.

Kindest Regards

Mark

I have double checked and yes you are correct it is £2 entrance fee with £1 for OAP,

Thanks for the correct Paul.....

Dave, i was thinking more of overall attendance - spectators?? I terms of space Dave, do you mean you want a space reserved for you at the club???

Thats exactly what i thought St Darren, I understand that it may not be as supported as the Combo Cup, but Newquay & Perranwell always have good sets of supporters.

Also with it being Sunday afternoon will the netural come along and watch??? Although its a busy time of the season and people are playing football themselves 2-3 nights a week and you must keep the missus happy!!!!! :D

Hopefully its great weather and the place is busy and we get a good game of football.....

Troon v ST Day in the other half of the Semi Final.......does anyone know where or when it is..???!!! it isnt on the FA Website, and our Sec at Troon hasnt been informed yet, seems strange how one half is sorted and the other one is still in the dark...?? troon have got ST Ives this sat also so unless they are going to cancel that fixture and play the game on the sun i cant see when its going to be played.......?? ANYONE....??

St.Day v Troon at Penzance.Can't really see the logic in that,although not knocking the facilities at Penzance or their ability to host a big match (which they done previously).Seems a little strange to take two close neighbours miles away from their bases.

Surely would have been more logical to go to Falmouth or Hayle.Penryn have the final and Illogan had a recent cup final.

I get the feeling that the weather is going to have a big say on this game. The Balcony won't be big enough to shelter all those wishing to watch, if the game gets the go ahead.

Hope that someone from St Day can post on here as soon as they know if the game is 100% on or off.

The worst is correct. Im very sad to say the game is off today

I will post pics and the match programme in a bit.

Very sorry to newquay and perranwell.

St Day FC

gutted..

when will it be played?

I have just spoken to the fixture secretary and he will let me know in due course.. :c:

Heres the pitch at 11am this morning, I'm just so disappointed. Due to cricket starting on 1st May the club cannot now host the semi final. :(

The Pictures are a little small but i hope you can see the amount of lying water.....

The programme will be on the website shortly......

If you would like a hard copy PM with your address i have 75 copies to give away.............

Kindest Regards

Mark

Doesn't this weather really make you mad, went to the field around 5:30pm today and the pitch was in my eyes playable all the water had gone and although 2 areas being soft and probably the pitch cutting up the game could of gone ahead.

Shame we could of gone for a 6:15pm Kick Off!!!!hahaha

Anyway game gone lets hope for good weather in your semi and good luck to the hosting club.

Mark

Heres the pitch at 11am this morning, I'm just so disappointed. Due to cricket starting on 1st May the club cannot now host the semi final. :(

Still think 36 league games + senior cup + league cup + supp cup is a too many fixtures for this level. Gee I hope the combo don't revert back to 20 clubs next season.