Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday 22/4 results

West Cornwall Sunday League Cup Semi Final (1st Leg)

Camborne Park 6 - Penzance Astro 1

Following on from 2 weeks ago, Park were up for this game. A slow 1st half saw honours even at 1 a piece for the half time break. Park then stepped it up a gear in the second half to fire home 5 more (We wont talk about the penatly miss).

Goal Scorers:

Jason Fenton poking home from 7 yards and a diving header from 6.

Martin Lloyd from the Spot

Marcus Grass with a low hard drill into the corner

Jordan Knuckey with an awesome chip

and

Dave Bartlam with a mid-air scissor kick.

Thank you to Penzance. Always a pleasure to play against. A good attitude from both teams. Thats 3 games done, 2 more to go.

I'm quite disappointed that the PZ guys didn't stay after for a beer... Very well we didnt stay when we visited in the league, and thats fair enough so you didnt stay 2 weeks ago... But to not stay today was a bit crap. We put on food and man of the match drinks for us and them. It makes us not want to stay at yours for a beer next week.... But, Ive told the lads that its out of respect that we do. We didnt stay last time as we had a function at our bar.

Its not a personal thing mate if you popped your head in the changing room and gave us a heads up about your plans and the food and stuff I'm sure a few would of made the effort but I no a majority including myself work the adternoons and have to be off pretty sharp ish after football also when you've been smashed 6-1 I think some would just rather go home and have a little cry ;) on the other hand good ame today in good spirits and really well refereed