Cornwall Football Forum

BODMIN TOWN ECPL

The ECPL have instructed Bodmin Town to play their remaining home matches away from home. This means they will have to play Sticker, Torpoint Athletic and Lanreath on their opponents grounds.

This could be interesting. Bodmin Clubhouse will have no income from these games, but at least the money players have to pay for ground rent will pay the match official fees. Will they be contributing towards the cost of the after match buffet.

Very sad it has come down to this. Lets hope they sort it out for next season, unless they decide to pull out

for me the powers to be have got this wrong and bottled the big decision. i agree 100% nobody should have to play on that reserve pitch, but the rest of the league have had to go to bodmin and get a result, so the other teams still to play bodmin away are gaining an advantage of playing them twice at home, to me thats wrong on all other teams. bodmin as a CLUB should be made to play on there official qualified pitch whether there 1st team or groundsman like it or not. if they call the game off without agreement from the match referee they should be fined accordingly. you cant dock points as the bodmin lads are being punished enough as it is. so bodmin as a club should be punished, not the team, and certainly not the rest of us clubs who have already played down there. POOR decision by ECPL and one you may of bottled due to it being the mighty cornwall senior cup and league champions bodmin.

P.s i have nothing whatsoever against bodmin as a club. just the decision made by ecpl :SM_carton: