Cornwall Football Forum

AFC St.Austell v Collumpton Rangers

Yes, Come on the Lilywhites. I feel that Parkway maybe too much to make up for 6th place. However with our remaining fixtures catching up Liskeard for 7th place is quite realistic as Liskeard have to play Buckland both home and away. Buckland will have an interest in the games as they will want to ensure 2nd place in order to gain promotion to the Western League Premier Division.

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip down for the recent midweek game v Liskeard, as always I was made extremely welcome and the 2-0 win was icing on the cake ! The floodlights are superb, they have enhanced a rapidly improving ground, much credit is due to the committee and volunteers for the enormous progress the club has made over the past 4 years.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile levelling the pitch as Wadebridge have done at Bodieve Park, what costs would be involved ? What does evryone think ?

I think everyone would agree that it would be fantastic to level the pitch. I believe a local ground worker offered to do the job a few years back but for whatever reason it didn't happen.

I think it has now become an even bigger job, with the surrounding pitch fencing, hard standing and floodlights that would all need to be highered and lowered respectively. There is then the problem of getting the surface green again, and playable once all of the stones have finished coming through which I should imagine would need 12 months, which leads on to where the club would play its fixtures? Plus, there's the obvious issue of funds!

I think it would be fantastic, but unfortunately unrealistic at the moment