St Stephens Borough 2 St Dominick 4

Tavistock 3 Wadebridge Town 3

Division One

Edgcumbe 4 Roche 1

Kilkhampton 3 Nanpean Rovers 0

St Stephen 2 Plymstock United 1

St Teath 1 Camelford 0

Bodmin Town 1 Bere Alston United 4

Comfortable enough win, although it was an awful game as we were forced to play on the pitch next to Priory Park as Bodmin 2nds were told by the club Secretary they could not use the main SWPL pitch.

Of the two pitches the ref said the SWPL pitch was playable but the other one barely was and any further rain on it during the game may force an abandonment (which as it turned out didn't happen).

After complaining (via the ref) to Bodmin we were then told that the groundsman had put the SWPL out last night, which was rubbish because it was definitely playable....not the refs fault really cause by and large his hands were tied.

We said that if the SWPL pitch wasn't playable then neither was the other pitch, but, having made the journey we would rather play on the awful pitch next to it rather than have the game postponed and have to go back down to Bodmin with a potential weaker side at the end of the season and still face the prospect of having to play on the other pitch.

Secretary from Bodmin, who had apparently gone down to Penzance still had the audacity to say to their 2nd team manager that if the ref calls the game off there is still food in the clubhouse.

We eventually kicked off late as Bodmin couldn't find the match balls and then when they did find them (at 2.40pm!!) they were flat!!

Feel sorry for the Bodmin lads, most of who are from Plymouth, as they are treated like crap from their own club who quite clearly don't give a stuff that they are making themselves an embarrassment to the ECPL.

Apparently there's a Charity game on the main SWPL pitch tomorrow which you can guarantee will definitely go ahead.

This should be a warning to any other ECPL teams still to go to Bodmin this season as they may also end up on the other pitch which in truth isn't good enough for DJM or Duchy 5 let alone ECPL...Too short, poor surface, not enclosed and worst of all the cross bar at the top end is bent in the middle!!

In my opinion Bodmin are showing a total lack of respect, not only to their own 2nd team but also, and more alarmingly, to the ECPL in general and should be fined accordingly...whether the powers that be in the ECPL actually grow a pair and do so is I'm afraid very doubtful.

For the record Bere's scorers were Dan Follet (2), Marcus Pethick and Chris Bray.

The Bodmin lads were a good bunch and felt embarrassed, but far be it for us to stoop to the level of the decision makers at their club as we showed them the respect, they didn't really deserve, and still went into the clubhouse after the game.

Comfortable enough win, although it was an awful game as we were forced to play on the pitch next to Priory Park as Bodmin 2nds were told by the club Secretary they could not use the main SWPL pitch.

Of the two pitches the ref said the SWPL pitch was playable but the other one barely was and any further rain on it during the game may force an abandonment (which as it turned out didn't happen).

After complaining (via the ref) to Bodmin we were then told that the groundsman had put the SWPL out last night, which was rubbish because it was definitely playable....not the refs fault really cause by and large his hands were tied.

We said that if the SWPL pitch wasn't playable then neither was the other pitch, but, having made the journey we would rather play on the awful pitch next to it rather than have the game postponed and have to go back down to Bodmin with a potential weaker side at the end of the season and still face the prospect of having to play on the other pitch.

Secretary from Bodmin, who had apparently gone down to Penzance still had the audacity to say to their 2nd team manager that if the ref calls the game off there is still food in the clubhouse.

We eventually kicked off late as Bodmin couldn't find the match balls and then when they did find them (at 2.40pm!!) they were flat!!

Feel sorry for the Bodmin lads, most of who are from Plymouth, as they are treated like crap from their own club who quite clearly don't give a stuff that they are making themselves an embarrassment to the ECPL.

Apparently there's a Charity game on the main SWPL pitch tomorrow which you can guarantee will definitely go ahead.

This should be a warning to any other ECPL teams still to go to Bodmin this season as they may also end up on the other pitch which in truth isn't good enough for DJM or Duchy 5 let alone ECPL...Too short, poor surface, not enclosed and worst of all the cross bar at the top end is bent in the middle!!

In my opinion Bodmin are showing a total lack of respect, not only to their own 2nd team but also, and more alarmingly, to the ECPL in general and should be fined accordingly...whether the powers that be in the ECPL actually grow a pair and do so is I'm afraid very doubtful.

For the record Bere's scorers were Dan Follet (2), Marcus Pethick and Chris Bray.

The Bodmin lads were a good bunch and felt embarrassed, but far be it for us to stoop to the level of the decision makers at their club as we showed them the respect, they didn't really deserve, and still went into the clubhouse after the game.

Hi Kev, I believe this happened to Tavi a swell. The ECPL league secretary got so fed up with Bodmin not coming forward with a date for our re-arranged match that he told Bodmin to play their home game with Sticker at Burngullow, which is our last game of the season. It looks like Bodmin first team and second team are two different clubs!

As an ex secretary of Bodmin Town FC i have nothing bit apathy towards the committee of this club at this time, well done on winning the Peninsula South Western League but when the club were successful in my time as secretary the second team and third(sunday) team were treated as a very well respected part of the club which was shown in the clubhouse being the 'in place' to be before going on to Newquay or other places in the town or county with the club being packed. I speak for a lot of people that the clubs total disrespect for Bodmin youngsters is nothing short of appalling! To charge your own 2nd team £45 to play on a pitch which was made available to ECPL football is disgusting.!

I fully agree with Coach KT and razor 61 comments. I was that the game today and it was a disgrace to see what Bodmin as a club has done to their 2nd team and the ECPL. It seems to me that a charity match that is going to be played tomorrow on their main pitch has more say than the ECPL games.

If the Committee of the ECPL have any back bone at all then some thing should happen over this. I am sure that Peter S (the Ref) will also have some thing to say to the ECPL about this matter.

Great lads in the Bodmin 2nd team, sorry you have not got any backing from you Club Commttee members.

As an ex secretary of Bodmin Town FC i have nothing bit apathy towards the committee of this club at this time, well done on winning the Peninsula South Western League but when the club were successful in my time as secretary the second team and third(sunday) team were treated as a very well respected part of the club which was shown in the clubhouse being the 'in place' to be before going on to Newquay or other places in the town or county with the club being packed. I speak for a lot of people that the clubs total disrespect for Bodmin youngsters is nothing short of appalling! To charge your own 2nd team £45 to play on a pitch which was made available to ECPL football is disgusting.!

Thats what I mean about two different clubs. How can a club charge one of its teams to play on their own pitch! Do the first team have to pay as well?

Fortunately I am not a member of the ECPL, I just manage their web site so I can add my two pence worth. I remember a couple of years ago at a final at Buckland Athletic when the Bodmin chairman accused me of calling his second team a Pub Team in a match report. I told him in no uncertain manner that it was the manager who told me that. Another thing is that of all the clubs who I have had the greatest of difficulty in getting a match report from is nearly always Bodmin.

I once phoned the club and some smart alec decided to give me the wrong goal scorers. I used to chase the secretary just to find out who scored their goals, I don’t do that anymore, if I cant contact the manager then their goal scorers don’t get a mention. The club is a disgrace. For whatever reason they have no interest in their second team. I understand that the good local lads won’t play for the club so they play for Bodmin Saints in the Duchy.

Almost all the current team come from Plymouth because none of the local lads will play for them. But to be told by the club that the second team cant play on Priory Park is an absolute disgrace. Surely the league must bring it up at the next general committee meeting to admonish the club. My simple view is they should be kicked out of the league even if it means no other team comes up.

We (Bude) also were put on the pitch to the side of Priory Park last saturday so it seems to have become a regular occurance! Shocking to see really. If 2nd team matches continue to get put on that pitch for the rest of the season then the pitch clearly doesn't meet the right criteria therefore Bodmin should be replaced in the ECPL by another club for the next season! Sad for the boys who actually play in the 2nd team but what can they do!? Its obviously an internal problem within the club

Having made a phone call to clarify the situation, that pitch is not approved by the ECPL for matches, you would be quite within your rights to refuse to play on it, But now to the common sense bit, having traveled to Bodmin (as Coach KT said it is the same for everybody who plays on it) and you can be commended for getting the fixture completed, just imagine the backlog at the end of the season if you all refused to play.

The Charity Cup was played 3 weeks ago. At least that's we were told when we played them.

Think you will find that Mike Murray give the go ahead on that pitch.

Kilkhampton 3 Nanpean 0

G.Walter - 2

T.Denford - 1

Not the best of performances from the Kilk boys but we can't complain with the scoreline and another clean sheet. Great to see a couple of different scorers on the score sheet today too. G.Walter with two long range crackers, and a good finish lashed into the top corner by T.Denford after a good run from our captain D.Hales.

Holsworthy away on Wednesday. All the boys buzzing, especially as our team holds a few recent ex-magpies.

Onwards and Upwards!

The Charity Cup was played 3 weeks ago. At least that's we were told when we played them.

Think you will find that Mike Murray give the go ahead on that pitch.

Its a Charity match being played tomorrow NOT a Cup match so I was informed by a member of Bodmin 2nd team.

Perhaps Bodmin ECPL should offer to give up home advantage and play their home fixtures away!! As long as the opposition can take the fixture. Bodmin would lose out on Bar takings, but this obviously doesnt worry Bodmin as the 2nd team appear to be an inconveinence to Bodmin.

Just to let you ALL know, Bodmin have 3 HOME games left, which are: Torpoint, Sticker and Lanreath.

I wonder what the two top teams in the ECPL will feel like when playing on Bodmins second/training pitch.

I look forward to their comments with interest.

But you never know it may be sorted out by the ECPL Committee before that. :excl: :excl: :excl: Pigs might fly.

Just to let you ALL know, Bodmin have 3 HOME games left, which are: Torpoint, Sticker and Lanreath.

I wonder what the two top teams in the ECPL will feel like when playing on Bodmins second/training pitch.

But you never know it may be sorted out by the ECPL Committee before that. :excl: :excl: :excl: Pigs might fly.

Andy B On one of my earlier replies you will see that Sticker will play the away game against Bodmin at Burngullow Park(Sticker) as Mike Murray was fed up with Bodmin not arranging our postponed match against them!

Andy B On one of my earlier replies you will see that Sticker will play the away game against Bodmin at Burngullow Park(Sticker) as Mike Murray was fed up with Bodmin not arranging our postponed match against them!

Sorry about that razor 61. need to clean my glasses more often, Still it will be the last time that Bodmin seconds play you (Sticker) at your ground. Well done on your promotion to the SWPL. Always been a great bunch at Sticker and all the very best in the years to come.

for me the powers to be have got this wrong and bottled the big decision. i agree 100% nobody should have to play on that reserve pitch, but the rest of the league have had to go to bodmin and get a result, so the other teams still to play bodmin away are gaining an advantage of playing them twice at home, to me thats wrong on all other teams. bodmin as a CLUB should be made to play on there official qualified pitch whether there 1st team or groundsman like it or not. if they call the game off without agreement from the match referee they should be fined accordingly. you cant dock points as the bodmin lads are being punished enough as it is. so bodmin as a club should be punished, not the team, and certainly not the rest of us clubs who have already played down there. POOR decision by ECPL and one you may of bottled due to it being the mighty cornwall senior cup and league champions bodmin.

P.s i have nothing whatsoever against bodmin as a club. just the decision made by ecpl :SM_carton:

Sorry about that razor 61. need to clean my glasses more often, Still it will be the last time that Bodmin seconds play you (Sticker) at your ground. Well done on your promotion to the SWPL. Always been a great bunch at Sticker and all the very best in the years to come.

No probs Andy. and yes its true and thanks re the promotion its not quite done and dusted yet but hopefully the SWPL will accept us come their meeting on the 10th May.

If Spudrunner wshes to front up with his name,,St Dominick will furnish the name

of the so called RINGER and of his former club.

I no it thanks ryan hargreaves plays for Ivybridge 2nd team.

Looked to good to play for a 2nd team that's all I was saying pipe down.

Spud runner definately seems to have a problem with St Dominick, there are no ringers being played at St Dominick, just a team that is looking to improve a move forward next season, so maybe you should 'pipe down'

If Spudrunner wshes to front up with his name,,St Dominick will furnish the name

Spud runner definately seems to have a problem with St Dominick, there are no ringers being played at St Dominick, just a team that is looking to improve a move forward next season, so maybe you should 'pipe down'

Far from a problem at all to be honest!

I was complimenting on a good player Tom that's all scored a great goal and looked very dangerous!

I just hadn't seen him play before just a question!

So defiantly no problem here well done on getting him there to be fair.

And all the best for next season!

Far from a problem at all to be honest!

I was complimenting on a good player Tom that's all scored a great goal and looked very dangerous!

I just hadn't seen him play before just a question!

So defiantly no problem here well done on getting him there to be fair.

And all the best for next season!

It seems you have a problem as you keep saying they are playing ringers!!

I watch the lad against Parkway last week and was very impressed so St Dominick have done well to get him!

Who do you play for Spud runner??