Cornwall Football Forum

Well done Chelsea, but

Mangle

What a boring game of football. Here, I'll pass to you, no you have it back, no, you have it again, oh alright. No, you have it back. I know you have to admire Barcelona, they are technically exceptional. But some of the game passed me by. You could have virtually filmed a 5 minute passage of play, and just about got away with repeating it every 5 minutes, and see if anyone noticed! In fact, I'm not sure that actually happened!

And how the hell did Chelsea win? Woeful finishing is the answer. Our expert pundits pointed out the courageous defending, but they got broken down about 5 times, and Barca should have scored. I do not usually predict results, far too wise for that, but I think we are going to see a Barcelona victory next week. Possibly a few goals.

And Drogba. What a shameful character he is. Play-acting injury all the time. How he can hold his head up after a performance like that, and talk to the TV people without any embarrassment I do not know.

But well done Chelsea, I for one will be willing a victory for you next week. But I will not be putting any money on you.

You're a pathetic club, you're part of the Sky Sports generation of club, manufactured club who will go back to your 20,000 a week fans once Roman takes his millions away.

You need plastic flags and Madness music to generate any kind of atmosphere. Pathetic!

No history, no class

Im with Darren and you know who,on this one.

I was at Wembley on Sunday,and those mindless Chelsea idiots who abused the minutes silence,are classless.

Then their Captain wonderful,racing to Atkinson,cliaming that the ball was over the line.But the day after he then said it didnt.

Two faces.

Classless,Im afraid.

From a mate of mine, a Chelsea supporter through and through....

The football world was stunned last night by the sustained physical assault on Didier Drogba, one of the Premier League's most honest and upright players by the heavyweight thugs mascarading as footballers in Barcelona's midfield. Well-known enforcers Messi, Xavi, Fabregas and Iniesta consistently brought the Ivory Coast Fair Player of the Year to the turf with wild and often criminal barbarity. "The ref gave him no protection whatever - I'm really shocked!" said former Chelsea maestro, Ron Harris. "If it'd been like that in my day I would have taken up rugby."

Speaking from his hospital bed last night, Mr Drogba himself was philosophical. "The doctors say they should be able to save my legs, but I'm almost certainly out of the Arsenal game on Saturday. All I want to do is play football. Why don't they just leave me alone."

:)

Scousers telling others they have no class, priceless. Even in recent seasons, advertising boards at Anfield have included Stanley (famous for the knives used by Scouse thugs) right next to a firm of Solicitors, Chavs of the highest order !

Love the fact that they all bang on about 'History', it is because they last won the League when TV was in Black & White ?, This being the club that bought Div 1 titles and trophies paid for by the 40,000 on DHSS in the 70's and 80's.

Oh and Drogba, great goal lad ! ___ Do remind all the failures, who are the last British club in Europe ?

Just watching highlights of the Blues victory over Barca on TV when the picture started flickering.

I tapped it on the side & Drog fell over

Who cares we won they didn't,

I for 1 will be in the nou camp along with 18 other Cornish-Blues on tuesday night cheering on the mighty Chelsea ... Win or lose up the blues

Come on Mangle, eat some of that humble pie! Was last night just as boring as the first leg? Did Chelsea not earn the right to reach the final? Stats are facts and the biggest stat of all is that Chelsea scored 1 goal more than Barcelona and are now in the Champions League Final.

Come on Chels.

...munch....munch....munch....ah, not too bad :)

Absolutely agree, completely different game, and not boring at all. Had to watch it on my dodgy internet connection on the laptop, not being a Murdoch subsciber, but from what I saw, mesmerising stuff. Shame half the Chelsea team will not be allowed to play in the final, but good luck to them. Just like last night, I will be cheering them on.

On a side note, is it still possible that Chelsea's season will fizzle out with 2 runners-up medals in the cups, and outside the top 4? If that did happen, what could you say? A successful season, but winning nothing. So many people on here say that judgement is only made on trophies won, nothing else. I see the point, but being an Arsenal supporter, I am used to being so close but yet so far, winning nothing. Even some Spurs supporters are thinking that the PL top 4 finish is better than winning the FA Cup, so that puts "achievement" above winning!

Difficult, and definately to divide opinion.

Still, wonderful result for Chelsea - well done!

Chelsea defended superbly with a bank of 7 on the edge of their box for the second half, but it was so disciplined. Let Barca have it out wide because they can't do anything with it out there and then don't get sucked out to leave space in behind!

When Drogba is in the mood like last night when he actually wants to win when he thinks the world is against him, he's one of the best in the world!