Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Fixtures Tuesday 17th April

Popped over to Kimberley tonight for the Ashes & Elburton encounter . . . . was hoping to see more than 15 minutes of bruv but hey ho that's all the little fella got.

Still 15 was enough time for him to bag a goal for Elburton and kill the game off with their 3rd. Moments before that he forced Saltash keeper into a good save from 35 / 40 yards with a cheeky chip with keeper off line.

Was decent end to end game but Elburton much the better footballing team and much deserving of their 3 points.

Brice Shields in goal was outstanding saving 2 Ashes penalty attempts and another worldy with Ashes striker only 5 yards out.

At the other end young lad called Jack Ball I believe led the line well and was rapid for 75 minutes on his own for much of it.

Elburton very young, enthusiastic, with great team spirit.

Saltash disappointing to say the least.

Final word - referee Mr Edge . . . . . shocking!!!

Not fit to referee a subuteo match. How this guy has got promoted to do Peninsula Prem next season god only knows. Teams that like a tackle or a moan will be down to 8 or 9 every week with him in charge. Not one bad tackle tonight in my opinion but he still saw fit to book 6 or 7, send 1 off, give 2 penalties, and over-rule his assistant for Elburton 2nd goal when lineo clearly thought it was offside - and to be fair I agree with him.

All that in 90 minutes . . . . was worth the £2 entrance fee.

Was over the moon for baby bro to get on the scoresheet on his home turf.

Blake Senior x

Good report, Figure of 8, nicely summed up.

Congratulations to your bruv on his first, hopefully there`s more to come for him.

The others on the score sheet were Chris Clarke and Jack Ball.

As you say, an outstanding display from `keeper Brice Shields, think that is 4 saves out of 7 pens this season.

As for the ref, nothing new there for him, had him a couple of times this season and he hands out cards and penalties like they were Smarties !

Have an idea he may have been artifically voted up by the ECPL managers in the hope he would get shipped-out to another league ?

Rest my case with my comment on here the other week with a certain ref dishing out cards left right and centre,So where does all this money go,No wonder players are leaving the game when u have like Mr Edge reffering,He must be on the 60 mark now,And yes B Manning i would like to hear your views on this because everyone cant be wrong about Mr Edge can they.

Rest my case with my comment on here the other week with a certain ref dishing out cards left right and centre,So where does all this money go,No wonder players are leaving the game when u have prats like Mr Edge reffering,He must be on the 60 mark now,And yes B Manning i would like to hear your views on this because everyone cant be wrong about Mr Edge can they.

I was told by a fellow referee of his a couple of weeks ago that Shaun Edge has issued in excess of 70 red cards this season?

calstock, I posted a comment on the amount of cards issued saying I thought the number was possibly incorrect, but since then I found out I was wrong and I aplogised for my mistake. As to any comment about Shaun Edge I have never seen him officiate so I am not able to form any opinion. So I hope you will forgive me for not having any views at this time.

Shaun Edge seems to be a Jekyll and Hyde Character.

Off the field you'd think that he'd be too scared to book anyone.

On the field, well say no more.

He reminds me of the Premier League Refs who just do not understand football at all as they've never played it properly.

On several occasions i've seen him dish out red cards when a yellow card would have been harsh.

He does not understand the difference between a tackle, an accidental coming together or a foul.

He does not understand Football at all.

Completely Rubbish and that reflects on the Authority who have allegedly promoted him.

On several occasions i've seen him dish out red cards when a yellow card would have been harsh.

He does not understand the difference between a tackle, an accidental coming together or a foul.

He does not understand Football at all.

Completely Rubbish and that reflects on the Authority who have allegedly promoted him.

If he is that bad and he certainly has had more than a few comments from different clubs this season then why dont the respective managers mark him low in each of their games. The league then has to take some action. A number of referees got demoted last year, some because they didn't pass the fitness test and some because of the low marks they got from club managers. If he had been the ref in a particular match of ours this season he would have had to abandon the match as the opposition wouldn't have had enough players on the pitch!!

Maybe it's because a low mark has to be accompanied by a written report, so i hear.

With all the hassle that goes with running a football team maybe writing a report is too much for some people, which I can understand.

Myself, I'd be more than happy to submit a report to highlight poor performance so that something might be done about it.

Go easy guys on slagging off a ref too much. Remember if people know who you are, you can still be reported to the Ccfa and be banned from the game!

As for the particular ref under the microscope this time, I have it on good authority that his average number of cards issued per game for the season is around about 3. Better then a lot of others I would think. Already I've seen three at the match tonight!

It's not so much the number of cards issued but what the cards have been issued for.

It's not funny for lads that have to pay fines and miss matches without justification.

I hope the ref in question reads this, takes a good look at himself and re-evaluates his refereeing style.

Dave Deacon its not a case of slagging the ref off and i am not hiding behind a computer i am calstocks 1st manager i ve been with the club 3 years now and last season we had shaun edge reffing we played plenyt and the players were jumping in two feet i said to the ref could you have a word we all have work monday to which he replyed shut your mouth and get on with it second half a player ran 20 yards jumped in just missing are players knees again i said to the ref you need to control this someone will get hurt soon to which the ref replyed i told you first half to shut your mouth i lost my temper and said do me a favour and shut yours and he pulled out his magic red card my point being some refs speak to us like and please dont say put a report in because i am waiting to hear back from our probus game where the ref shouted at my player Oi ginger get off my pitch the fa are quick enough to ban players and take are money and i understand we are short of refs but its no excuse for them to take advantage in my eyes.