Cornwall Football Forum

Monday 16/04/12 results

Div 5 Carharick 3-1 Frogpool reserves

Carharick dominated the first half and went ahead after our Frogpool keeper russell grind saved a free kick that the winger converted. James tregay then made it 2-0 just before half time. In the second half Frogpool were probably the better side but it was very even. Frogpool got one back as Luke Johnson capitalised on the long ball and finished it. After that Russell hit one long and Luke scored again only for it to be disallowed for absolutely no reason at all. Carharick were then awarded a penalty for near enough nothing which they converted. James tregay was also booked for a apparent foul on me. Even I said he shouldn't have got booked haha. Not a great day for the ref. well done to Carharick though and good luck for rest of the season.

Frogpool man of the match for me was Simon At right back.

Div 6 Supplementry Cup

Trelander 0 - 2 Newquay 4ths

Great performance from my Newquay side, fully deserved the win, the Trelander keeper pulled off 3 or 4 world class saves in a row in the 1st half, really kept his team in it, no doubt he was their man of the match. To their credit Trelander didn't seem to give up and kept going to the final whistle, Ref had a great game too, let the game flow and no real major decisions to make. It was a brilliant strike from Dan Lackey to finally get the break through, a crisp volley about 25 yards out unbelievable tekkers :) and Matt Sanders finishing off a well worked move to make it 0-2.

well it was good fun watching the last 2 games between froggers and CARHARRACK! tempo may talk crap on here half the time but hes a nice lad really. frogpool keeper is also a good laugh. both games played in good spirit. frogpool with a handful of changes from the weekend made a different game of it tonight.

the keeper spilt the ball for the first goal which was unlucky as it was hit with venom. then the keeper i felt was lucky to stay on the pitch with a last man challenge outside the area after james went round him. then again james went round the defender being the last man bar the keeper and was pulled down outside the box and no cards. which is good to see cause i hate to see cards but james got booked for winning the ball. as tempo said very strange. frogpool had a goal disallowed for an apprent push but the ref amazed everyone with the decision. then carharrack sealed the game with a penalty which was for pushing app. . strange one again. james scored a great goal for carharrack 2nd goal. luke took his one on one well for frogpool. and montys pen went in just clipping the post.

good luck to frogpool good atmosphere and good laugh with them .

well it was good fun watching the last 2 games between froggers and CARHARRACK! tempo may talk crap on here half the time but hes a nice lad really. frogpool keeper is also a good laugh. both games played in good spirit. frogpool with a handful of changes from the weekend made a different game of it tonight.

the keeper spilt the ball for the first goal which was unlucky as it was hit with venom. then the keeper i felt was lucky to stay on the pitch with a last man challenge outside the area after james went round him. then again james went round the defender being the last man bar the keeper and was pulled down outside the box and no cards. which is good to see cause i hate to see cards but james got booked for winning the ball. as tempo said very strange. frogpool had a goal disallowed for an apprent push but the ref amazed everyone with the decision. then carharrack sealed the game with a penalty which was for pushing app. . strange one again. james scored a great goal for carharrack 2nd goal. luke took his one on one well for frogpool. and montys pen went in just clipping the post.

good luck to frogpool good atmosphere and good laugh with them .

Don't like cards either mate and got I admit if James got a card for his players from both sides would be paying fines by the end of the game as that was as light as I've seen. Was a good laugh and looking forward to next season

div 3 wendron v lanner

hard fought for most of the game,lanner could only get 11 players for today and done themselves and club proud battled hard and was in the game at 2-1 until the last 20 when they ranout of steam.also one player going off with a broken nose ( £3.50 worth of improvements ha ha ha) didn't help.hard luck to Smudge a true clubman turning out in goal even though carrying a injury .all the best to Lanner for their remaining games,hope your players become available soon. :thumbsup::smiley20: :c:

Guest BenTheYeti

div.3

halsetown 3 holmans 0

fair play to halsetown but the only winner tonight was the wind,shame because it could have been a cracking game.only two games left perhaps we can have more than 11 for these two games

Completely agree mate, wind destroyed what could have been a good game.

I best talk about the game a bit though, otherwise Beau will whinge for not mentioning the part he played..

Halsetown chose to play against Hurricane Katrina for the first half, and at times it was simply, get something on it and get it away. Holmans could have had at least 3 goals, one I thought was a sitter which the young left winger (I think) missed from about 6 yards, and also had a header hit the bar and go over. Think the Halsetown keeper had more touches of the ball than anyone, purely from taking goal kicks (and probably ran about 4 miles collecting balls from behind the goal). To be fair to the lads though, they managed to create some chances in the first half, mainly from distance and crosses into the box.

Second half, we, along with the wind, huffed and puffed with some effect, Lawrence drawing a good save from the keeper with a fine over head kick being the highlight, but it looked like it was going to be one of those nights for both teams and I thought 0-0 was on the cards. However, for the last 25-30 mins we stepped up, first scoring from a good corner in from the right which was put away with a sweetly struck knee-volley-scuff by Darren Bromley. The second soon followed when the Halsetown keeper put his foot through a backpass and it sailed all the way through to Lawrence to score (which is all I know about the goal as I was too busy hobbling around in the penalty area after putting said foot through said backpass). Beau Stevens then missed a sitter for the second time in 3 days when in on the keeper ("I tried to be like Van Persie and dink it over him") and the bad luck of the weekend when he missed seemed to be returning when Holmans were awarded a penalty with 8 minutes to go. However, that bloke between the sticks guessed right and tipped it onto the post and clearing away. This put paid to Holmans valiant effots and a couple of late chances resulted in a goal for Van Persie Jnr when he managed to jump from his standing height of about 4"8 to something Michael Jordan would have been proud of to nod home after the keeper had saved a long range effort.

Referee spent 95 minutes of the 90 talking to both teams like it was an Under 9's game, but to be fair I think he got most decisions right.

Great effort by Holmans, especially with the bare 11, good luck for your final two games

Supplementry cup

Redruth Athletic 2-1 Fourlanes

Just wanna say a massive well done to my boy josh playing his first game in mens football.

Proud of ya son . :D :D

That young keeper is defo one to watch had alot of bravery for a 16 year old n did well commanding his area

See you saturday for the big game lol :yahoo: :yahoo: :c::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Supplementry cup

Redruth Athletic 2-1 Fourlanes

Just wanna say a massive well done to my boy josh playing his first game in mens football.

Proud of ya son . :D :D

That young keeper is defo one to watch had alot of bravery for a 16 year old n did well commanding his area

See you saturday for the big game lol :yahoo: :yahoo: :c::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words kj87.will do looking forward to it :thumbsup: