Cornwall Football Forum

St Austell v Liskeard - Tonight

I thought there seemed more than 121! And you're right it wasn't overly pretty but a wins a win. First half wasn't too bad, got a bit tasty aswell. Felt a bit sorry for the ref, he didn't get any support from the top side lino all night. Why do linesmen wait for the ref to signal which way any difficult decisions go before they put there flag up? Its like they are too scared to make their own decisions.

Agreed the top side linesman was poor and especially of no use to the ref when half the LIskeard team reacted aggressively to a bad tackle one of their players had committed in front of the linesman, the St Austell player who had been fouled only complained about the tackle and half the Liskeard team set about him !

However as Nanks says a good 3 points nevertheless. I wonder how Darren Edwards felt about the result, especially when he got the original match abandoned last November when his team were drawing 1-1 !

Why are the attendances wrong? Why cant clubs just count the people who are there to watch the football regardless of wether they pay or not. St Blazey crowds on the SWPL site are not right in the slightest. There always 40 more at least to each given attendance. They maybe club officials for both sides let in free and people who help out before hand and dont pay but they still watch the football.

So how do others give the attendance?

Payed supporters only? Or total people inside the ground?

Don't know how the counting happens. All I know is the ticket chap at St Blazey has tried giving me the wrong change several times (usually too much strangly). If he's doing the headcount then that would certainly explain it. I wouldn't trust him to count his hands.