Cornwall Football Forum

Penzance 4, Helston 3

Guest Black&White

Guest Black&White

Dave Gardner Memorial Tournament - Tuesday 31 July

Penzance 4 (Pugliese, May, Lett, L Devine)

Helston 3 (Randall, Pearson, Pullen)

Substitute Sean McMahon sent off for Penzance for an off the ball incident late in the second half.

A superb header from another substitute, Liam Devine two minutes from time gave the Magpies the win.

Special mention for Helston's first goal, the lad may as well hang his boots up now as he'll never hit a sweeter strike than that ever again!

Jowan May saw his penalty in the last few minutes of the first half saved by Helston's stand-in keeper before making amends with a good lob late in the second half.

A fairly even game and a good test for a new look Penzance side ahead of Saturday's finals day at Penlee.

Another result from Tuesday night: Pendeen Rovers 3 Penzance Res 3.

Guest Postie Pidge

P - W - D -L - F - A - Pts

1. Porthleven - 2 - 2 - 0 - 0 - 6 - 0 - 6

2. Penzance - 2 - 1 - 0 - 1 - 5 - 6 - 3

3. Falmouth - 2 - 1 - 0 - 1 - 3 - 4 - 3

4. Helston - 2 - 0 - 0 - 2 - 3 - 7 - 0

Guest plonker

just got in from the game after running the line good game all round penzance player sent off for elbowing helston player in the face

Guest WINNO

Sorry fellas I can understand you trying to protect Shaun but It was def a head butt I was looking straight at the two concerned as was the ref I cannot belive someone as old and experienced as Shaun was so stupid as he was. If he were a Helston player he would never play for the club again.The worst sin in football Im afraid.

Apart from that another good game Penzance looking pretty good and my boys doing well also. We are competing well with teams above us . Last night we also gave games to 5 youngsters I think it was there first real taste of senior footie and they came out of it with flying colours a credit.....