Cornwall Football Forum

are there any games on tonight?

Guest therico

Pendeen Rovers 3-3 Penzance Reserves

Penzance were lucky to get a draw out of the match. They went ahead on 10 minutes from a well taken goal by ?(I haven't a clue as I only recognised 4 of the players from last season out of a squad of 14).

Then Pendeen showed how to play football and for the rest of the half dominated. They played some great moves and desevedly went in 3-1 at half-time from a well worked goal and a couple of goals from defensive mistakes.

The 2nd half started much the same as the 1st with PZ on the back foot. and it wasn't until Pz got a penalty (after rougly 70 mins) and scored that they started to believe in themselves. They had a period of pressure and equalised (the same player scored all 3) and actually started playing together. (Mind you when they went out onto the pitch after half-time they were asking each other their names so having not met each other let alone train or play together they did alright)

As the game started to wind down Pendeen were awarded a penalty and luckily for PZ the finishing was terrible and the lad put it well wide but the PZ goalie had dived the right way and from the weakness of the shot would probably have got to it.

Pendeen occasionaly pressurised the PZ goal but by now but their finishing was wayward, but Pz were just as bad at the other end.

The ref, who had a really good game, blew the whistle and the crowd of around 45 went home thinking "if only".

Conclusions - PZ- a lot more training together needed, tightening up the back 4, mid-field to come back and help when team under pressure instead of staying on half-way line, training on passing skills.

Pendeen- only thing I picked up on is improve is their finishing in front of goal as for 70 mins of game they were in control.

Forthcomming game

Monday 6th Penzance Reserves v Sennen at Pz

also Pz Reserves v Gulval at Pz (not sure of date)