Cornwall Football Forum

Porthleven v Truro (2nds)

Guest helstons14

It's inevitable that you were going to come out on top on Sunday, as you were able to field a whole fresh team for much of the second half, whereas we used I think 4 subs.

For the first half where it was a level playing field fitness wise we definately held our own.

Guest WINNO

Kev I aint gonna bite buddy. The only difference between the sides on Sunday was the fact you had extra fresh legs not to mention a patched up defence and myself leaving the field after 10 minutes. Every neutral at the ground even your chaiman said the same. I know you hate Helston with a vengence, but I would have thought even you would admit that we matched port player for player and probably had the better chances in the first half.

The extra players coming on was the only difference in the 2nd half you know that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a bit of extra passion was involved in the first half from Helston? a lot of Helston boys playing against non-port boys, then second half seems to have seen Port boys come up against Helston boys therefore more heart and desire from Porthleven in the second half.

I dunno, cos I wasn't there, but I'm fully aware of the old adage of having local players in local derbies makes a difference. We beat Perranporth in the Junior Cup about 4 years ago, we wouldnt have done that if we didn't have so many Aggie lads in the team!!

Goes along way if you ask me!

Guest WINNO

It was a litte to do with that Daz but more to do with our players being tired. Im going to say no more on this subject and we will see what happens when we play IM SURE THE HELSTON PLAYERS WITH HAVE PLENTY OF PASSION!!!!!!.................................