Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

48 members have voted

1. 1. Shall we make the "Results" thread purely for results and reports and everything else is instantly deleted

• Yes
    • No

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks.

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 18th February 2012

Falmouth Athletic (Chris Mulroy, Chris Tolley) 2-3 Pendeen Rovers (Andy House, Glen Carew, Josh Mooney)

Att - 25

Perranwell (Gavin Boon, Matt Rose, Andrew Cooper, Sam Philips, Martin Day) 5-2 Mullion (Sean Haskell-Mills 2)

Att - 27

Porthleven Reserves (Nick Perry) 1-2 Falmouth Town Reserves (Nathan Macintosh 2)

Att - 28

RNAS Culdrose (Michael Clarke 2, John Tonkin) 3-5 Newquay Reserves (Sam McKune 2, Micky Burns 2, Joe Davey)

Att - 8

St Ives Town (Matt Thomas, Ross Duncan) 2-1 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Jowan May)

Att - 20

St Just (Darren Steadman 2, Jon Bird, Neil Curnow) 4-2 St Day (Shane Richards, Danny Ford)

Att - 46

Wendron United P-P St Agnes

Supplementary Cup Preliminary Round

Hayle Reserves 0-1 Troon (Ben Gadson)

Att - 30

Illogan RBL (Dominic Pullen) 1-1 Holman SC (Jamie Cooper)

(3-0 on pens)

Att - 55

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 25 16 6 3 67 26 41 54

2 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 23 15 6 2 76 25 51 51

3 ILLOGAN RBL 22 15 4 3 76 26 50 49

4 ST AGNES 21 13 5 3 53 27 26 44

5 WENDRON UNITED 24 12 6 6 55 41 14 42

6 ST IVES TOWN 21 13 2 6 42 29 13 41

7 PENDEEN ROVERS 23 11 4 8 46 43 3 37

8 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 19 10 3 6 55 38 17 33

9 ST JUST 22 11 3 8 51 38 13 33*

10 RNAS CULDROSE 23 10 4 9 60 55 5 33*

11 TROON 22 9 4 9 48 43 5 31

12 PERRANWELL 23 8 6 9 57 43 14 30

13 ST DAY 23 8 6 9 35 48 -13 26*

14 HAYLE RESERVES 24 7 5 12 38 52 -14 26

15 NEWQUAY RESERVES 22 6 7 9 41 53 -12 25

16 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 27 5 2 20 47 89 -42 17

17 MULLION 25 4 3 18 45 74 -29 15

18 HOLMAN SC 26 4 5 17 32 87 -55 14*

19 PENZANCE RESERVES 27 2 3 22 24 111 -87 9

Penryn must of had 1 eye on their exit out of the semi final of the 'combo' cup to Fal town. A shocking result really. Is it all coming undone for Winno? Unrest in the changing room certain players not happy with team selection, too many backroom staff. I mean a manager and an assistant manager is the norm, but to have an assistant assistant manager what a degrading title, but that's Winno for ya.

Martin Day scored

Glad to get 3 points and to be on the score sheet again!

What does everyone think of the away team not coming into the bar after the game??

Well 2 of them did ( but they are mates of one of Perranwell's players) and they wanted a lift.

We put on food ( not fine dining i would say ) but really not good in my view.

Mullion team was very young today! Seeing as most of us are still at school or college alot of us had to get back for work! Collecting glasses or potwashing for our lunch money hence why we didn't come in the club house!

Terrible conditions for a game of football at the well! But pretty fairly matched first half 0-0! Second we came out from the whistle and got to quick fire goals! Good response from perranwell as we seemed to fall apart the last 30 mins! 5-2 xoxo

Harsh but fair instead of hiding behind your name and trying to wind people or should i say a certain person up why don't you reveal who you are so we all can see who you are with your great football knowledge.Penryn lost today but it's not an easy place to go and with me watching their 1st team it doesn't help with 6 2nd team players helping the 1st team out but that's what happens when you have a strong 2nd team and that's Winno's fault!!!

Getting the thread back on to the reason it was created.......

Illogan 1-1 Holman sports club

AET illogan win 3-0 on penalties

The crowd of 55 at Oxland park were treated to 120 minutes of an entertaining end to end passionate local derby. On paper and according to the prediction thread on this forum illogan were probably quite rightly expected to win without breaking sweat but holmans managed to surpass expectations and very nearly pulled off a shock.

The pitch was already rain sodden but ref Len Stephens (who by the way had an excellent game in challenging conditions) deemed it playable.

Both sides had chances in the 1st half with Holmans best falling to Jason blight who was about to shoot from 7yds out through on goal only to be denied by an excellent tackle from Tom smith. At the other end dom pullen was in front of goal only to see his shot hit the side net.

Ht 0-0

With the pitch now resembling the battle of the Somme down the middle both sides knew that the wingers were key and holmans through some good passing play between Tarik Kalkan and Adam Selley found Jamie cooper in space who went through and slotted the ball in the back of the net to take the visitors 0-1 up in the 70th min. The lead was short lived as 2minutes later Simon Ellis drove through the centre of midfield finding Dom pullen who grabbed an equaliser. Illogan put the holmans defence under increasing pressure in the final 10mins but couldn't find a way through and with 2min remaining Jamie cooper had a chance to seal a victory for the visitors only to see his shot fly just wide

Extra time was played in increasingly difficult conditions with neither side finding a breakthrough leaving the dreaded penalty shoot out. Barrie John wyatt proved the hero of the hour saving all 3 Holman penalties. Ben Minns to his credit saved one and got a hand to another but Simon Ellis sealed the victory with illogans 4th pen sending them through to the next round

Holmans although dissapointed to be knocked out should now take heart from a dogged performance when they face another stern test next week in a fixture change which sees them travel to league leaders penryn and not return to illogan two weeks in a row as originally fixtured

Mullion team was very young today! Seeing as most of us are still at school or college alot of us had to get back for work! Collecting glasses or potwashing for our lunch money hence why we didn't come in the club house!

I bet alot of these 'students' are out tonight getting lashed! ;)

Like I said "get back for work" plus there's no where to go in the shire, have to head into helmsdeep for that (if we were old enough) cheers my Beauty x

Like I said "get back for work" plus there's no where to go in the shire, have to head into helmsdeep for that (if we were old enough) cheers my Beauty x

suppose the same thing happens when your at home then?

pretty sure other players from other clubs work , yet still come in for a bevvie and a hot dog..... but fair enough x

What's the point in this forum when you can't share your opinion?????

I took you post off-line as it was the same old anti-Winno, anti-Penryn mumblings that ruin the thread for everyone as it becomes a slanging match.

This thread is for results and match reports and that's why people go on it, It's not for irking the same people week in week out. Look at past results threads and time and again it becomes anti-Penryn as a club, or anti-Penryn paying out money, etc.

I have opinions on clubs and people but I do not have favourites, I just try to keep the peace on the combo part of the forum.

Why not start your own threads on your favourite topic.

CTB

Not at all! We don't have a 45min journey when we're at home! I agree that every away team should show their faces after the game! On this occasion we couldn't for reasons I've already stated! I don't know what else you expect me to say if I'm honest! Xoxo

suppose the same thing happens when your at home then?

pretty sure other players from other clubs work , yet still come in for a bevvie and a hot dog..... but fair enough x

Getting the thread back on to the reason it was created.......

Illogan 1-1 Holman sports club

AET illogan win 3-0 on penalties

The crowd of 55 at Oxland park were treated to 120 minutes of an entertaining end to end passionate local derby. On paper and according to the prediction thread on this forum illogan were probably quite rightly expected to win without breaking sweat but holmans managed to surpass expectations and very nearly pulled off a shock.

The pitch was already rain sodden but ref Len Stephens (who by the way had an excellent game in challenging conditions) deemed it playable.

Both sides had chances in the 1st half with Holmans best falling to Jason blight who was about to shoot from 7yds out through on goal only to be denied by an excellent tackle from Tom smith. At the other end dom pullen was in front of goal only to see his shot hit the side net.

Ht 0-0

With the pitch now resembling the battle of the Somme down the middle both sides knew that the wingers were key and holmans through some good passing play between Tarik Kalkan and Adam Selley found Jamie cooper in space who went through and slotted the ball in the back of the net to take the visitors 0-1 up in the 70th min. The lead was short lived as 2minutes later Simon Ellis drove through the centre of midfield finding Dom pullen who grabbed an equaliser. Illogan put the holmans defence under increasing pressure in the final 10mins but couldn't find a way through and with 2min remaining Jamie cooper had a chance to seal a victory for the visitors only to see his shot fly just wide

Extra time was played in increasingly difficult conditions with neither side finding a breakthrough leaving the dreaded penalty shoot out. Barrie John wyatt proved the hero of the hour saving all 3 Holman penalties. Ben Minns to his credit saved one and got a hand to another but Simon Ellis sealed the victory with illogans 4th pen sending them through to the next round

Holmans although dissapointed to be knocked out should now take heart from a dogged performance when they face another stern test next week in a fixture change which sees them travel to league leaders penryn and not return to illogan two weeks in a row as originally fixtured

I doubt if anyone will be playing at illogan next week after the state of the pitch :( :(

Surely that's a slightly premature call, about the pitch, seven days and a decent forecast?

Its cut up bad, our mower has packed up our roller is a waste of time and hav no other means of sorting it at the mo, so will mean illogans game at home v falmouth might haft to be played on what looks like a cows field

@ CTB

Can't you just make a low content thread and let it run? That would be a good place to contain general chit chat/banter and maintain something of a constant flow of chat. Then the other threads would be less likely to degenerate into chaos. People would be free to air their opinions in such a thread without derailing informational threads like this one. Completely removing opinions from the forum seems a bit of an overreaction and would make the place sterile. ;)

Don't really think there is any need to stop this thread all we need to do is start to act a little more sensible with things. The one thing i would say though is for the administrators to police it and if someone wants to slag and stir and try and cause trouble then they are banned from the site completely and not allowed back on.

We all like a laugh and a wind up but when it gets personal its godda stop this site is good fun lets not ruin it and loose it..