Cornwall Football Forum

Best / Worst facilities in cornwall

from a woman who needs to go the the loo sometimes point of view everywhere is poor, i don't get my own shower and have to go in the club house for a wee which is really annoying when its raining and you have to take your boots off. :D

Guest postman pat

Anita Holmans has 3 seperate toilets beside the pitches so there is no need to use the clubhouse, also the referees changing room is seperate from the main changing rooms so i am sure a word with the ref. of the day and you could have a shower first, :thumbsup: as a ref. myself i would oblige :c:

Worst - North Hill, Changing rooms are a garden shed. No Showers Clubhouse etc.

A garden shed? worst facilities?

Pure luxury compared with what I've been used to.

At Nancegollan, changing outdoors used to be a luxury. There would be fights over the shallowest puddle to change in.

(Actually, at Nancegollan, there used to be fights over anything. There just used to be fights.)

Old caravans have been quite good, especially as they disintegrated around you. Backs of old vans, shipping containers, garages, chicken sheds. All better than nothing.

As I said - garden shed = luxury.

Worse, at Barriper, they built a village Hall on the playing Field and, when it was nearly finished, used that. (The chicken shed had fallen apart). Then, on the worst day possible, we lost the key.

For a full account, see the thread "the funniest thing you've seen in local football".

Guest Cornishdave1980

Changing from worst to best, IMO Penryn have the best surface, best stand has to be Bickland, best clubhouse again Falmouth T but overall I would say Bodmin T in that on its day the surface can match any, it has a decent size stand with banking around the ground as well for good viewing, the changing rooms are of decent size( a lick of paint was in order last time i visited though) the club house is also very decent, if anything things let it down it would be accessability but then that could be said for a lot of grounds.

Nobody's mentioned the new facilities at Wendron.

I went to the opening on Saturday and was impressed with the new changing facilities. The changing rooms are stunning. The top room overlooks two pitches. I just hope it can be used effectively. I would think that it's the place to be on a cold, wet windy match day in January

Everything has been well thought out to try to make it affordable in the future. It's all low maintenance. Even the doors are made of some plastic so they don't swell or warp and the walls are polymer coated to reduce the need for painting etc.

Hot water comes from a geothermal bore hole.

Fanatastic. Just hope it's sustainable.

Also fantastic, but not as outwardly impressive are the facilities at Nancegollan. But, it's "horses for courses". Ours is comforatble, warm and dry with toilets and showers. It costs well under a £1 a match for electricity and it's all wipe clean surfaces inside (I know, I just wiped it all clean today)

Wendron facility cost £700,000 and is worth it.

Ours cost £13,000 and is also worth it.

We have three teams. Wendron have about 500!

Refs note: We've upgraded the referees' room to include a shower for the coming season. And all the junk, nets, corner flags etc. have gone. (We do care about the men in black)

Of course, we especially care about ladies in black.

Unfortunately don't remember seeing one at Nancegollan. (In fact, the last lady referee I can remember was a lovely lady called Mrs Jones. When she started, she was totally clueless, but she did improve. Must have been in the mid eighties)

Are there many about?

Are players more respectful or does it just add a new dimension to the offensive stuff?

Guest plonker

refs room at nancegollan showers :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::thumbsup::thumbsup:

worst ref room for me is the one at penzance astro park where newyln play . more like a broom cuboard,is got a shower, a seat, put bag in and then you think how you are going to get in there,a bit tight

I'LL TAKE A GRATEFUL AND RESPECTFUL TEAM WITH RUBBISH FACILITIES ANY DAY OVER ONE WITH GREAT FACILITIES BUT A BAD ATTITUDE.

THE ONE THAT SURPRISED ME LAST SEASON AND GETS MY VOTE FOR 2006/7 FOR BEING THE MOST ACCOMODATING FOR THE POOR OLD SOUL SENT TO OFFICIATE GOES TO......

DRUM ROLL................................DRUM ROLL................................

LANREATH (BUT THEN I DON'T GET OUT MUCH!).

Having played a friendly today at Wendron their facilities must be amongst the best in the county, an excellent pitch, fantastic changing rooms and showers, amongst some of the best I've seen.

Also some decent chips after the game! A pity we got spanked! Enjoyed the rest of the afternoon though!

• 2 weeks later...