Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay AFC (SWPL) Pre-Season Matches

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Newquay AFC (SWPL) Pre-Season continues with...

St Newlyn East (Home) - Monday 30th July 7.30pm

St Stephens (Away) - Saturday 4th Aug 2.30pm (I think - TBA)

Perranporth (Home) - Weds 8th Aug 7.30pm

TRURO CITY (Home) - Mon 13th Aug 7.30pm

Hi judge,just been to the club tonight where the ladies mixed team played a friendly,Anita the lineslperson told me the wings are already cutting up which I,m not surprised at, given the amount of friendlies planned.

4 games in 4 days is sheer stupidity.The second team have all their friendlies away to preserve the pitch why can,t the women play at Colan or St Columb Minor,they have yet another game at Mt Wise tomorrow.

I can see all Devil the goundsman good work going up the swanee and we will be back to a crap surface like last season.

Its a long running debate about the ladies.

I am not privy to financial info but the ladies apparantly contribute nothing to the club funds and overwork the grounds staff and overload the pitch with fixtures.

Before you all cry "you sexist pig" etc...the ladies team are - in my mind - on an equal footing with Truro City with regards to carrying footy in Cornwall to a higher level. Year after year they embarrass the men with their continued success and well done them. It would be a great idea if the site at Quintrell could be developed but the first team at least need a ground, floodlights, a grandstand, a club house etc because of the level they now play at ! They are the business. Well done them....but Newquay needs a second base for youth and ladies footy and also the prospect of a 3rd mens team at Newquay would be a great move, I think....

Devil has done a great job on the pitch but God has helped with the rain...he was clearly on holiday for the whole of last season.

Having taken my reserve team to two lower league friendlies, the need for a good pitch that we can actually try and play good football on is a must.