Cornwall Football Forum

RIP Chris Treglown

Premier Sixes

Chris Treglown 1988-2012

Almost a year after P6 legend Kurt Taylor passed away, we lose another good man as Southern Athletico and Farcalona's Chris Treglown was killed in a car crash on Sunday evening. Chris was the only remaining original member of the Southern Athletico squad and picked up a P6 Premier division medal and Champions Cup runners up medal in his time at P6. Chris was one of the most popular people at the astro as he had time to speak to anyone and was always willing to help a team out if they were short. On the pitch he will be remembered not only for his incredible dribbling skills and lightening pace but also for being probably the least selfish player in the history of P6. His performances caught the eye and after much badgering he signed for P6FC this season. His performances even caught the eye of Godolphin first team manager Derek Martin who also attempted to sign him in the summer. Chris was always busy and the opportunity to play for the 11-a-side team never arose, but it goes without saying he would have made an enormous impact for the team and would have been one of the first names on the team sheet if things had of been different. Truly the nicest, most genuine guy has been lost and the league won't be the same without seeing him hanging around the dugouts between games chatting to everyone. You will be missed my friend. RIP Chris Treglown.

KrisT.jpg

Guest smashing pumpkin

Kurt died last February while back in South Africa visiting his folks when his heart just stopped. I think it was a condition known as sudden death syndrome . He was only 24.

iv heard of sudden death syndrome.

sorry to here that , losing 2 of your friends in a year must be tough.

I was deeply shocked by this tragedy; i have known Chris nearly all his life and his parents are good friends of mine.

Chris was on the verge of the 1st team when i was manager at Wadebridge AFC as Chris was a very talented footballer, but my overwhelming memories will be of a lovely natured young man whose smile lit up the dressing room.

Chris was a great lad and those who knew will never forget him; his life may have been short but the impact he made on those who knew and loved him was huge.

RIP Chris you,ll never be forgotten.

ps: My Sincere condolences to John & Julia and all his family