Cornwall Football Forum

Promotional Writing etc.

tom_howe

Hi everyone,

I'm a journalist student from Cornwall.

I'm looking for something to dig my teeth into. Does anybody here know of any clubs or such that require or would like some promotional writing (of any kind) done for them? Weather it be for a website, a programme, a newspaper, a magazine or just a post.

Feel free to contact me via any of the methods below.

Cheers.

Former Plymouth Argyle striker Dan Smith has announced he is to leave Blue Square Bet South side Truro City.

The clubs number 15 had signed a one-year contract extension at the end of last season after impressing after joining in the summer of 2010.

Truro City manager, and former Plymouth Argyle player himself, Lee Hodges said told BBC Cornwall: “He (Smith) feels he is not performing to the level he wants to, and that the way to get back to that level is to return to the full-time game.”

Despite this, Hodges doesn’t believe that Smith has anything agreed as of yet in regards to a new club.

The twenty-two year old also counts Eastbourne Borough and Weymouth as former clubs and wrote a message of thanks on his Facebook page to Truro City and it’s supporters.

Smith leaves a side currently struggling with injuries, suspensions and well documented off-field problems.

Earlier in the season, the Cornish side were taken to court, faced with a winding up order, owing over £100,000 to HM Revenue and Customs leaving the players unpaid and in some cases unhappy.

Danny Clay and Andy Taylor both left the club to join Evo-Stik Southern League side Tiverton Town FC.

On Monday, Chairman and owner Kevin Heaney released a statement stating that the debt had been paid off in its entirety leaving the club to carry on with business as usual.

OOOPS

I wasn't being picky, just pointing out small mistakes.

I can't say anything mind, as it took me six attempts to pass my English Language O-Level when I was at school. Had to repeat the last year so took extra A-Levels. Ended up with five of them.

I have always had problems with spelling, etc and it wasn't until I was roughly forty-five when it started to click into place. The worst one I do now is to miss the letter Y off the word THEY so it becomes THE. I even do it when typing on the computer!

Anyone who has seen my writing will tell you it is bad, really bad. I am left strongly handed and cannot do joined-up writing. Never have and never will be able too. I print, probably as fast as you can do your joined-up writing.

Everything I do is left handed, my right arm is useless for doing anything apart from back scratching or hold the car steering wheel while I'm changing the CD player in the car!