Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please or if you want text me on 07597907549.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

Saturday 7th January 2012

Falmouth Athletic (Bobby Bryant, Luke Kelland) 2-1 Porthleven Reserves(Dan Greet)

Att - 35

Holman SC (Adam Gill) 1-5 Perranwell (Darren Edwards 2, Tim Senior, Dean Southworth, Nigel Brabyn)

Att - 26

Newquay Reserves (Jodie Dean, Sam Mckune) 2-2 Falmouth Town Reserves (Luke Murray, Lee Jeffrey)

Att - 35

Pendeen Rovers (Luke May, Andy Annis, TJ Lobb) 3-2 Mullion (Jacob Lugg, Sean Haskell-Mills)

Att - 70

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Jason Roberts, Wade Brown) 2-1 St Just (Darren Steadman)

Att - 38

Penzance Reserves (Bradley Wills 2, Harry Corin) 3-2 Troon (Ashley Smeeth 2)

Att - 64

St Agnes (Rikki Smith, Jake Shaw) 2-0 St Day

Att - 35

St Ives Town (Joel McWilliams, Simon Stevens) 2-1 RNAS Culdrose (Stephen Hughes)

Att - 25

Wendron United (Tom Langford, Matt Roberts) 2-0 Hayle Reserves

Att - 20

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 22 15 5 2 65 24 41 50

2 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 20 12 6 2 68 23 45 42

3 ST IVES TOWN 19 12 2 5 40 23 17 38

4 ILLOGAN RBL 18 11 4 3 57 23 34 37

5 ST AGNES 17 10 5 2 44 25 19 35

6 WENDRON UNITED 20 10 5 5 45 33 12 35

7 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 16 9 3 4 48 29 19 30

8 PENDEEN ROVERS 19 9 3 7 38 37 1 30

9 RNAS CULDROSE 19 8 4 7 49 40 9 27*

10 PERRANWELL 18 7 4 7 49 34 15 25

11 TROON 17 7 3 7 34 30 4 24

12 ST JUST 18 8 2 8 38 34 4 23*

13 HAYLE RESERVES 21 6 5 10 32 46 -14 23

14 ST DAY 19 7 5 7 30 40 -10 22*

15 NEWQUAY RESERVES 16 4 6 6 31 37 -6 18

16 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 23 5 2 16 42 78 -36 17

17 MULLION 21 3 3 15 38 63 -25 12

18 HOLMAN SC 21 3 4 14 25 73 -48 10*

19 PENZANCE RESERVES 23 2 1 20 20 101 -81 7

Pendeen ran out 3:2 winners! The score doesn't sum up the game Pendeen dominated from whistle. Missing a handful of chances went in 1:0 at the break and came out sleeping ! Two deflection off left back Luke may put the visitors 2:1 up then he made up for it with a 30 yard screamer ! Then Pendeen scored late on to top it off but Pendeen should have scored 7 or 8 ! Mom andy annis quality return from pz was the difference between last week and this !

Pendeen ran out 3:2 winners! The score doesn't sum up the game Pendeen dominated from whistle. Missing a handful of chances went in 1:0 at the break and came out sleeping ! Two deflection off left back Luke may put the visitors 2:1 up then he made up for it with a 30 yard screamer ! Then Pendeen scored late on to top it off but Pendeen should have scored 7 or 8 ! Mom andy annis quality return from pz was the difference between last week and this !

Why did he ( Annis ) leave in the first place?

i dont usually go on this much anymore but i have to totally disagree with the comments made about the mullion v pendeen match, it was end to end and could of gone either way, to say it should of been 7 or 8 is well over the top, you played well and had your chances but so did we and alot of the clear cut ones fell to mullion. Im not saying we we're amazing far from it but you we're hanging on in the last 5minutes and mullion could of got a point with the last kick of the game, brilliant to see so many young players on the pitch and a quality ref taking charge.

wendron 2 hayle 0, well ref'd by rudders ultimately two well worked goals by tom langford and matt roberts were the difference both teams created chances tho dron did hit the target more often than hayle, when we did tony williams was equal to it, good luck to wendron nice to catch up with some good mates , and looking forward to catching up with more mates when we play town next week :smiley20:

Penz 3 - 2 Troon.....very bitter that Penz chucked 6 first team players in for this game,all in all Penz were the better team by far,but only down to the first team lads without them the 3points would of gone Troons way. I feel more sorry for the lads who got told they were not required today due to the first team players playing instead of them,not a great example of how to run a club in my eyes and from a managers point of view I'd hoped he could of turned around and stuck up for his lads and stuck by them rather than take the easy option and play the first teamers...but yeah enough bitching they deserved the win with the squad they had today if only they could have that team week in week out I now know how st Ives feel to be honest...onwards and upwards!!no doubt CTB will tell me I'm wrong with the amount of first team players but seen as one is my cousin he told me after the game of the amount...o well needs must!!!!

Have heard the same jman. Spoke to callum gardner who has played all season be it, on the bench, in goal when they needed a goalie and up front and today to be told not to bother getting changed up when he had given up

An afternoon to play football. not really on.

On the other foot ,if it means that those lads will play combo football next year as a result then that's a good thing!! Always difficult for the smaller clubs when play against reserve teams. It's when these results have an impact of relegation and top league positions where it becomes even more unfair. A good experience fro the troon boys though and a good result taking all into account.

Good luck next week!!

Yeah gotta agree with oldman. They did deserve it but to say it was one sided is a farce. Also the 30 yard screamer was a 20 yard long shot that bounced before it went in and that was the winner scored in about the 60th minute so hardly late on!

The ref did very well and wasnt many bad tackles in the game. We would of got a point on another day. Fair play that curly blond lad is a good player. If this is the Annis guy you were talking about he did well.

Thanks for the grub afterwards and just a shame my lucky number 235 didnt win on the 50/50!!

On the other foot ,if it means that those lads will play combo football next year as a result then that's a good thing!! Always difficult for the smaller clubs when play against reserve teams. It's when these results have an impact of relegation and top league positions where it becomes even more unfair. A good experience fro the troon boys though and a good result taking all into account.

Good luck next week!!

To be fair they were dissapointed but as you say good experience for our youngsters and it shows that penzance 1st aint that special !!!!! But points are points

Plus, Paul, you could make an argument about the point of a reserve side. No one feels sorry for us when 5 or 6 players get called up to the firsts.

Conversely, as the first team have played one game in 6 weeks I can understand the manager wanting his players to have some match time. Let's face it, only Quinny could have given Troon their second with a ball like that!

Ok I'll take the "s" off Reserves then. :o

I support Penzance Reserve plus anyone else who wants to play with him!

Up The Magpies!

You miserable lot, let me have some joy this weekend. We haven't won 2 in a row since last January!

Pz reserves still hav'nt won 2 on the trot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Penz 3 - 2 Troon.....very bitter that Penz chucked 6 first team players in for this game,all in all Penz were the better team by far,but only down to the first team lads without them the 3points would of gone Troons way. I feel more sorry for the lads who got told they were not required today due to the first team players playing instead of them,not a great example of how to run a club in my eyes and from a managers point of view I'd hoped he could of turned around and stuck up for his lads and stuck by them rather than take the easy option and play the first teamers...but yeah enough bitching they deserved the win with the squad they had today if only they could have that team week in week out I now know how st Ives feel to be honest...onwards and upwards!!no doubt CTB will tell me I'm wrong with the amount of first team players but seen as one is my cousin he told me after the game of the amount...o well needs must!!!!

I can only have sympathy for Troon JMan. As a player for a team battling relegation i find this very frustrating and disheartening that the teams that we are fighting with (Pz) are able to drop as many as 6 or 7 1st teamers down to their reserve team. It may be an experience for the players who played against them, but what about the experience of the players that were dropped. Because from previous comments CTB, you and I guess Pz as a football club dont believe in them!!!

Personally I would be very dissapointed if I or any of my 5 or 6 other team mates were dropped for Peninsula players to keep my team up. Shows a lack of confidence in those players!! Well done to Troon looks like from the score you pushed a Peninsula side all the way.

On another note the referee was brilliant in the Pendeen vs Mullion match is refreshing to have someone officiate who respects and speaks to the players. Best I have had all season, even if he did book me :SM_carton_y:

To be fair to PZ i can understand their "club" decision to play the players they have available and this is from a club that would be severely affected if they continue to pick up results as we would be first for the chop. Clubs at the wrong end of the table should not look to blame a club that can strengthen a squad although I admit it is a bit annoying but the rules allow it so no use moaning.

Clubs in relegation areas must look to their players to rise to the challenge, show a bit of commitment and strive to pick up points from other sides who on paper should run out winners. Life is full of what If's at the end of the day yes PZ have strung a couple of results together and im sure another run will be strung together when the swpl finishes probably 4 weeks before the combo. Its up to the other teams to step up to the plate, dig in and grind a few results out and make their own destiny and dampen their relegation fears long before th end of the season and not rely on others!!

Holmans 1-5 Perranwell

Att 20

Holman scorer Adam Gill

Not at the game as had grass up to my knees and enjoying cold showers and a 3-0 win at Threemilestone with our 2nds. Heard we were pretty poor and frustrated with our performance against a young (barring Nigel Brayben) perranwell side. Still at least Penzance didnt win.....Doh!!!!

Holmans bounce back next week following a kick up the bum and entertain Fal Ath next week for the 3rd time this season

I can see why people are frustrated from Troon as its a game they probably (not that anything is certain in football) should have taken three points from!

Penzance in my opinion made a wise decision in the long term development of the club and it's youth players! As a youth coach and someone that cares about the development of youth talent in the long run I would rather the developing talent was playing at its highest level aka combo in this instant!

Yes they may miss a couple of games due to senior players stepping in but i would hope they might learn something in preparation and application to the game and be driven by the fact they missed out rather than a question of there ability! I would hope they see it as a challenge to where they want to be not an insult of ability!

so anyone got a pz team line up???

from what i can guess it will be players that played 2nds last season but due to so many leaving and injuries at penzance first team they have been called up 2 the 1st team so does this really count as 1st team players ?? when they drop when players return and stuff.

Nothing like been bitter. All pnz did was use what ever players avalible. 1st team players needed match time and got given it. Only 3 first team players played against st.ives, so I wouldn't be so sure that troon would of won if pnz had fielded the same team today. Football is a results game and pnz got a result. So pick up ur dummies.

firstly......

Why all the shouting about PZ, I would understand if they were mid table and they put there first team in, but there not! they're BOTTOM, any club in there position would have done the exact same thing in there shoes, 3 point is 3 points at the end of the day, and guess what they are still BOTTOM!!!!

secondly.......

Pendeen V's Mullion

excellently reffed by Paul Windle, he's a top bloke and were lucky to have someone of his callibre on the books of the C.C.F.A.

To be fair to Mullion they could of easily brought the game to a 3 all draw in the last 5 minutes and constantly tested Pendeen's shakey (at times) deffence, Pendeen rock Glen Carew missing yesterdays game due to being unwell and Mullion took full advantage, to be fair Pendeen could of had 3 or 4 more goals and always looked like they were going to score on the break, the game was however hotly contested and it's nice to be back on winning ways.

Would just like to say a get well to Duncan Clemens who was injured in the St Just game and who I'm told is finished playing full stop, hope you have a speedy recovery and your back at work soon.

Also a big welcome back to Andrew Annis, his reasons for leaving before are his own business and I am just greatfull he has returned 'home'.

Come on though there were 6 first teamers against st Ives and 8 or 9 yesterday. Only the keeper and one of the cb's were 2nd team and pz woulda lost without 1st teamers to be fair. How harsh a text at 12 to those youngsters saying you're not needed, totally doesn't make them feel part of the squad. They have given effort the whole year and then ditched at any given opportunity. Very disappointing, don't think it should be allowed to play 9 first teamers bit harsh on Troon who would have won without them yesterday. I can understand wanting to win but ditching 7 or 8 players who give there efforts every week is disgusting

I watched the St Ives match and have to say that if Penzance had six first team players in on that night - well they certainly aren't good enough and no one should worry playing them anyway!

At the end of the day though, they are all members of the club and so entitled to play first or second - providing no rules are broken, and obviously in this case with the date of the last first team game, they weren't!

Would be shame for the league if Penzance were to get relegated - pitch has to be one of the better ones in the league?

dave though i would agree with you that penzance have a good pitch,they like other teams know that if you end up in the bottom two u could get relegated,i didnt hear anything said when porthleven reserves were relegated,or should they of stayed up because they have a nice pitch,its just an opinion of mine.great site though bud,u and team keep up the good work :clapper::thumbsup::drink: :D

dave though i would agree with you that penzance have a good pitch,they like other teams know that if you end up in the bottom two u could get relegated,i didnt hear anything said when porthleven reserves were relegated,or should they of stayed up because they have a nice pitch,its just an opinion of mine.great site though bud,u and team keep up the good work :clapper::thumbsup::drink::D

Of course you are so right - at the end of the day, if a team isn't good enough, they deserve to be relegated, irrespective of the prestige of the club

Yeah gotta agree with oldman. They did deserve it but to say it was one sided is a farce. Also the 30 yard screamer was a 20 yard long shot that bounced before it went in and that was the winner scored in about the 60th minute so hardly late on!

The ref did very well and wasnt many bad tackles in the game. We would of got a point on another day. Fair play that curly blond lad is a good player. If this is the Annis guy you were talking about he did well.e

Thanks for the grub afterwards and just a shame my lucky number 235 didnt win on the 50/50!!

. M. Well the "20" yard shot was 10 yards outside of the box and I'm sure the box is called the 18 yard box so that's 2 yards off sorry ! And obv he played for the bounce and your keeper must be as blind as you seeing as he didn't move !

just to deflect from the Pz 1sts 2nds debate-which is boring people-get over it lol

i heard from a reliable source that Wade Brown picked up a huge, heavy, bulging brown envelope that had to be carried by both Winno and Kev-heard there was in the region of £100+!!!!

Only thing i can think of is that Wadey is on a £1 a miss bonus?? pmsl!

Any more info would be greatly appreciated.....luv ya Wadey old boy!! KFC's on me! lol

Do you not think that on occasions Pz might have to weaken their reserves when the first team have injuries/suspensions ect So when they can help their reserves out,Why not!

Glad deacs put his post right after saying that PZ should,nt be relegated as they have a decent pitch, a pitch is no good unless you can put a decent team on it.

It was a shame u werent on a pound a miss when u were playing cos u would be a rich man able to retire by now smithy. Lol at least wade can put the ball in a goal

after finding out who you are fella....its hilarious you make comments like that...comedy value....i heard you were even approached in the summer for a lucrative contract with Paulos Circus after they saw you play....suprised you turned it down.