Cornwall Football Forum

A question about St blazey 20's/30's

I was just wondering if anyone could please suggest/tell me where i could get information on St. Blazey football club about teams (maybe team pictures) and matches (match reports) from the 1920's/30's, i mean, that's if any of that sort of stuff could still be obtained.

Thank you

(BTW, you are correct if you thought that you did see this on another forum... i just copy and pasted it... lazy huh ;) )

You may want to contact the current Duchy League Secretary Mike Newcombe. His email address is

mikenewcombe@tiscali.co.uk

He was involved in a book about St Blazey a few years back and there were all sorts of photos in it.

There's also a guy called Peter Barbery who lives in St Austell and has loads and loads of team photos for various teams from within the county - I'm sure he wouldn't mind me giving out his telephone number - 01726 64238 (mention to him I suggested you get in touch with him).

Cheers

I can tell you that information re-football gets more and more scarce as you go back in time in the newspapers.

Even though the Cornwall Senior Cup was played on a league basis, East and West there is hardly ever mention of it in The Cornishman from the early part of the last century and you can scour week after week of papers to read a report of a match from the end of the 18th century.

It might be different in the other Cornish newspapers mind.

One thing you do find if you go to the library in Redruth, is the number of people who go in to look at the Parish records for births and deaths. Loads of people looking to make up family trees. On a busy day you will hear accents from around the world as people search out long lost relatives.

Back to the footy. If you are good you can use a digital camera to copy photos in the old papers or the Library Service will make copies for you for a fee.