Cornwall Football Forum

charity match on behalf of the joshua jones fund

Scoffy

Thought i would bring to the forum some details of an over 35's game taking place at helston football club on the 27th of decmber. Between two teams filled with former helston, (some would say legends others would say old farts) :clapper: The game kicks off at half one, perfect entertainment for that tricky day after boxing day lull.

For those who don't know joshua jones is a mechanics student at helston college who after undergoing surgery for a brain tumour was tragically told he had incurable cancer at the tender age of just 18. The appeal is to try and give joshua the opportunity of achieving as many of his dreams as possible in the tragically short time he has left, culminating hopefully in a family trip down under.

please please come and support this worthwhile cause and catch up with old friends and have a few beers.

merry christmas to you all

luv scoffy :c:

Hi Scoffy, hope youre well mate? Great cause, what a tragedy someone so young. I,ll start the ball rolling,if you could throw a fiver in the pot for me please bud and i,ll catch you at the boys schools training in the new year. I cant make it,off to Scotland for xmas week and watch the Hoops beat Rangers hopefully but sure it will be a good day with all the old Helston lads!! Have a great xmas pal and good luck with the collection :clapper: