Cornwall Football Forum

After tonight's Combo meeting the table has altered.

You'll have to go on the website to find the League Cup and Supplementary Cup draws.

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 20 14 5 1 63 19 44 47

2 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 17 11 4 2 61 20 41 37

3 ST IVES TOWN 16 10 2 4 36 18 18 32

4 ILLOGAN RBL 15 9 4 2 44 19 25 31

5 ST AGNES 14 8 4 2 37 21 16 28

6 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 15 8 3 4 46 28 18 27

7 RNAS CULDROSE 18 8 4 6 48 38 10 27*

8 PENDEEN ROVERS 16 8 3 5 35 28 7 27

9 WENDRON UNITED 17 7 5 5 33 32 1 26

10 TROON 15 7 2 6 31 26 5 23

11 PERRANWELL 15 6 3 6 40 28 12 21

12 ST DAY 17 6 5 6 26 35 -9 19*

13 HAYLE RESERVES 18 5 4 9 29 42 -13 19

14 NEWQUAY RESERVES 14 4 5 5 28 29 -1 17

15 ST JUST 14 5 2 7 27 30 -3 14*

16 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 20 4 2 14 33 72 -39 14

17 MULLION 17 3 3 11 34 51 -17 12

18 HOLMAN SC 17 3 3 11 19 57 -38 9*

19 PENZANCE RESERVES 20 0 1 19 13 93 -80 1

RNAS Culdrose 1 point and 2 goals deducted, St Day 4 points and 2 goals deducted, St Just 3 points and 3 goals deducted, Holman SC 3 points and 2 goals deducted

ok am i the only one who thinks the rule of taking the points away from the teams in the wrong, and not awarding them to the teams they were playing on that day seems a tad strange??! see this as an example............

the two top teams are playing each other in the last game of the season, both these teams are way clear of 3rd place, they are level on points, but the team top have a better goal difference,say +5, so in this the last game of the season all the top team need to do is avoid defeat, or a huge draw! lol, they decide that knowing what the rules are, they will load their team right up, "ringers", playing under different names or just not being registered in time properly, the team top know this, but also know the rules and the consequences of what could happen (they lose the 3pts, and possible goals, but they do not get awarded to the other team....)they make themselves available for this game.......these players are pure class, we're talking Mark Vercesi x10 players here! anyway the team top know doing this will ensure the league is thiers, hey ho the game finishes and they do not lose, the league find out these players were not registered, and decide to "punish" them.....by taking the points gained from the game away from them, and also any goals they scored during it,BUT......do not award them to the team 2nd in the league.........as these are the rules........but this changes nothing in the table, and the team caught out, win the league.....justice?

i know this is a tad far fetched, but i'm just saying that if this is the punishment for teams, then what do the teams who they played against get from this?? other than seeing the 3pts that was up for grabs dissapear....no rematch, no awarded 3 pts, nothing, they even lose their goals if they socred any! lol, a team could just load up for a crucial game, and know that the opposing team will not get the points, wheres the justice in that??

these are purley my thoughts alone, and just something i have been thinking about for a while now, long before these desions were made, just seems a rule which could do with looking at, one day a game at the top or bottom of the table could be decided in this way.... again, in MY opinion...what are your views?

again these are purly my views and nothing to do with any club i am associated with.

Holman SC lose 3 points and 2 goals for playing an ineligible player against Troon.

St Just lose 3 points and 3 goals for playing an ineligible player against Perranwell

St Day lose 1 point and 1 goal playing an ineligible player against ??? (I think it is against either Pendeen or Wendron)

St Day lose 3 points and 1 goal for playing an ineligible player against ??? (as far as can work out their only 1-0 win was against Penzance)

Earlier on in the season RNAS Culdrose lost 1 point and 2 goals playing against St Day.

The opposing teams have had their goals against record altered to balance the league table's goals for and against columns.

The league fixtures secretary agreed with me that the results stand and the goals scored on the day will be recorded and players credited with them and added to the website's Golden Boot Award.

What is a bigger problem for clubs is lack of qualified linesmen. For each game a team plays without one it costs a £3 fine.

Late/incorrect team sheets are a £10 fine, etc.

In this Thursday's paper I will reveal the total of fines that were handed out at the meeting plus also 2 months ago.

I might name the worst offending teams for lack of linespersons just to see if we can get a response and maybe some volunteers.

This is the advert I put in the Pz matchday programme (It hasn't worked yet mind!)

Free Entry To Reserve Team Matches—Home and Away

Would you like free entry to all Reserve team games both home and away? If so why not volunteer to be their official linesman or perhaps their first-aid person. The club are looking to fill these voluntary positions a.s.a.p.

If interested talk to the managers or any committee member.

Please get in touch.

ok am i the only one who thinks the rule of taking the points away from the teams in the wrong, and not awarding them to the teams they were playing on that day seems a tad strange??! see this as an example............ the two top teams are playing each other in the last game of the season, both these teams are way clear of 3rd place, they are level on points, but the team top have a better goal difference,say +5, so in this the last game of the season all the top team need to do is avoid defeat, or a huge draw! lol, they decide that knowing what the rules are, they will load their team right up, "ringers", playing under different names or just not being registered in time properly, the team top know this, but also know the rules and the consequences of what could happen (they lose the 3pts, and possible goals, but they do not get awarded to the other team....)they make themselves available for this game.......these players are pure class, we're talking Mark Vercesi x10 players here! anyway the team top know doing this will ensure the league is thiers, hey ho the game finishes and they do not lose, the league find out these players were not registered, and decide to "punish" them.....by taking the points gained from the game away from them, and also any goals they scored during it,BUT......do not award them to the team 2nd in the league.........as these are the rules........but this changes nothing in the table, and the team caught out, win the league.....justice? i know this is a tad far fetched, but i'm just saying that if this is the punishment for teams, then what do the teams who they played against get from this?? other than seeing the 3pts that was up for grabs dissapear....no rematch, no awarded 3 pts, nothing, they even lose their goals if they socred any! lol, a team could just load up for a crucial game, and know that the opposing team will not get the points, wheres the justice in that?? these are purley my thoughts alone, and just something i have been thinking about for a while now, long before these desions were made, just seems a rule which could do with looking at, one day a game at the top or bottom of the table could be decided in this way.... again, in MY opinion...what are your views? again these are purly my views and nothing to do with any club i am associated with.

Jamie Holmans have been deducted 3 points from the Troon game due to playing Dom Batchelor who came on as a sub in the last 10min with Holmans leading by two goals at the time (The final score was 0-2) . Unfortunatley myself as secretary and Tasky as manager and to a lesser degree Dom himself made a genuine mistake in thinking Dom had registered for us this season as he always has since turning 16 and being eligible for adult football. He has signed Trelawny forms but not combination league forms and we didnt realise until I got the dreaded E-Mail from John Roberts stating we had an Adam Batchelor registered (his dad!!) but not Dom. Obviously we are gutted as it was a genuine mistake and after watching the players be on such a high following a local derby win the commitee (Me & Ray) took the decision not tell the players we were going to lose the points until last week as we knew everyone associated with the club would be understandably threaders as lets be honest at Holmans all of our points are hard to come by and we have not got many spare...in fact bugger all spare to be able to throw 3 away!!

In response to your original statement I totally agree that where teams are deducted points their opponents on the day that the infringement occured should recieve the points in return and be added to their tally. If you wish to see a rule change to reflect this Holmans will be willing to support Troon in any rule change proposol for the combination league AGM requesting the opposing team on the day is awarded the points their opponent loses

Thats if we are not relegated due to our idiot secretary throwing 3 hard earned points down the pan on a regular basis!!! :)

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is illegal approaches was the theme of the meeting and it was worded quite strongly that all clubs need to obey the 7 day notice of approach rule when signing players on even if they are not registered to a club in the combination and are a Trelawny or peninsula player. One club was fined heavily and lost points for a number of players where it was deemed players had been signed illegally. Managers should be very careful especially on texting as disgruntled clubs annoyed at losing a player may complain and it could cause a lot of heartache!!!

This brings me back to an original statement i made a few months ago that for Saturday football if a player was only allowed to sign for 1 club and not different clubs in different leagues it would stop players being able to "enhance" a squad when they didn't have a game yes that would stop us being able to play someone like Dom but it woud make it much easier for admin purposes 1 signature/1 form/1 club no matter what league the club has teams entered in. The County FA have to an extent adopted this system for the county cups this year as their was no seperate registration forms.

Playing for just one club could create a more loyal band of players to the club they represent and a more "level" playing field as the days of drafting players in from other clubs for midweek or end of season games would come to an end

i agree with you neil in your last para, would be alot easier for everyone, and i'm sure it would take us back to the days when players were "one club men", something which we no longer see, i see now thers a couple of journeymen down at st agnes, why o why would a great club let these players into the club, pushing out any potential local lads to make room for them, and when they are fed up they pack their bags and go! no loyalty what so ever, dont get me wrong, st agnes have some of the best young players in the league in my eyes, so they are obviously doing something right, but i just dont see the need to bring in players to try and push for the league, they may win it, then what, do you really think they will stay, i very much doubt it. i also hope Holmans dont live to regret it mate, i'm sure you'll pull it out the bag in the 2nd half of the season. i am not looking for the points, as i stated i thought about this earlier on in the season when the culdrose v st day game popped up, seemed a little strange in my eyes and still does, a pointless punishment, no pun intended!

you've had it at holmans neil havent you? it nearlly cost the club dearly a few seasons back didnt it? when a load of players came in, and the left you in the dirty stuff!!??

illegal approaches....a tough one, i mean, 7 days is all well and good, but, surly it doesnt take a genious to figure out that managers/secretarys dont just put 7 days in willy nilly for players, some sort of ground work must of been done in the first place for them to know that player wants to leave/join their club doesnt it?? its not just a hunch, thers always going to be this issue, texts/facebook etc open it right up, although this does leave a trail, which could bite you in the ass if you do get caught........

The Combination League Rules do allow for points which are deducted from one Club to be awarded to their opponents but I cannot recall this ever happening in these circumstances - not to say that it shouldn't. While a deduction can be seen as a punishment for playing someone who shouldn't have played, the current opinion seems to be that points should be won on the field and not in a committee meeting! However, points are awarded when a Club "fails to keep its appointment", (cannot raise a side!)

The FA have already stated that a "one player, one Club" rule would be an infringement of human rights and could not be sanctioned for non-contract players. Clubs can make their own Rules for their own players, so it could be easy to introduce such a rule - but not necessarily so easy to enforce rigidly!

The point made at the meeting about illegal approaches was that St Day signed three players from another Club without ever submitting a seven day approach for any of them. They wrongly assumed it wasn't necessary because the the players involved were not registered to play Combo Football for any other Club.

The Combo Rules have changed considerably this season - particularly with regard to the registration of players and the number of "senior ringers" permitted to play. It would be advisable for anybody who might be involved in selecting/signing/registering players, to make sure they are aware of the regulations.

The Combination League Rules do allow for points which are deducted from one Club to be awarded to their opponents but I cannot recall this ever happening in these circumstances - not to say that it shouldn't. While a deduction can be seen as a punishment for playing someone who shouldn't have played, the current opinion seems to be that points should be won on the field and not in a committee meeting! However, points are awarded when a Club "fails to keep its appointment", (cannot raise a side!)

The FA have already stated that a "one player, one Club" rule would be an infringement of human rights and could not be sanctioned for non-contract players. Clubs can make their own Rules for their own players, so it could be easy to introduce such a rule - but not necessarily so easy to enforce rigidly!

The point made at the meeting about illegal approaches was that St Day signed three players from another Club without ever submitting a seven day approach for any of them. They wrongly assumed it wasn't necessary because the the players involved were not registered to play Combo Football for any other Club.

The Combo Rules have changed considerably this season - particularly with regard to the registration of players and the number of "senior ringers" permitted to play. It would be advisable for anybody who might be involved in selecting/signing/registering players, to make sure they are aware of the regulations.

in what situation would points be deducted from one team and awarded to the other team then John?i cant recall it recently other than when a team does not fulfill the fixture like last season, but that is very rare, this needs to be looked at to avoid what i said in my first post, a potential title/relegation decided being over shadowed by controversy, and probably ending up all over local papers and maybe further, surly these type of circumstances would be the ideal reason to do it, one team abiding to the rules, another team not, the end result....the team abiding by the rules get nothing from the game, not even a chance to win the points, on the field of play like you stated, as the game does not get replayed....!? the points simply disappear!! what better chance to teach the club in the wrong a lesson than doing this? they wouldnt do it again.....

you also say "While a deduction can be seen as a punishment for playing someone who shouldn't have played, the current opinion seems to be that points should be won on the field and not in a committee meeting!".......why an opinion?surly it should be down to the rules?playing an ineligible player should result in that team losing whatever points were gained during the game, also goals, and all 3 points awarded to the opposing team, with a 3-0 win, didnt that used to happen a few years ago? why the change? new members on the committee? a difference of opinion?

Did you know, even though the league started in 1959-60, it wasn't until the 1968-69 season before the first team ever had a deduction of points when Porthleven Reserves were deducted 2.

There's only been 3-4 instances of points being added, the first time in 1981-82 when both Marazion and Helston had a point deducted and Truro a point added. I couldn't find a reason why the point was added to Truro and if it was because of an infringement by either Marazion or Helston.

The highest number of points deducted from a club is 8 when Illogan had those taken off them in 1990-91. If you look at their record for that year

http://www.cornwallc.../90illogan.html

I couldn't work out when they were taken away and why so I adjusted the table the first week of January when they had accumulated those 8 points (2 points for a win then)

Perhaps someone knows why they were deducted those points and when.

If combo meetings were every 2 months as of now there is no period where they gained 8 points between meetings.

I did say 8 points is the biggest deduction but if you count Truro City's results being expunged at the end of the 2006-07 season then their deduction of 65 points could be counted as the biggest points deduction ever.