Cornwall Football Forum

Reen Manor roar

about 100 i would say.., not bad for jnr footy.....

I would say very good when compared to some of the Senior attendances around :thumbsup:

To be honest Dave, and I cant speak for the other Clubs, but we at St Newlyn East have what we consider very good home attendances most weeks in Junior Football - 30-50 on average is not uncommon - and looking at the Combo/ECPL figures that are taken and shown here, on several weeks we have exceeded the figures of many Senior matches. Big local derbies have seen those figures even higher as Newlyn East no10 says. A pre-season friendly against Newquay combo under the lights also drew over 100. The away support, despite the travelling costs these days, continues to prove good on many occasions also.

It shows that at our supposed lower-level of football the grassroots support is strong. I think that it would make a very good record if on a future Saturday (when a full programme is likely) every match at every level was to take a head-count (not including playing and coaching staff) to see just how well supported Football is across the County.

Just a thought!