Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey v Saltash

Hindsight-

Not too long ago If any Cup ties were postponed they would have been rescheduled for the following Saturday

The weather for last Saturday would have settled most ties so it looks like the CCFA have conceded "ground" to the Peninsula League in playing midweek.

Match abandoned-Is the Penryn venue punishment to wadebridge for not kicking off at 1-30pm due to their faulty lights.?

Stuart, could it be that the pitches are different in their make up and that better drainage changes them, i think it perfectly reasonable that one club can make a decision on their pitch 24hrs earlier than another on the day of the match, Where on earth is the problem except maybe to have a go at St Blazey.

Stuart, I have no leanings at all towards St Blazey, and not fond of them anymore than any other club, I have referee`d them but not for a while now, the way i read your post was that you were not happy that St Blazey left it until the day of the match to call it off, but the other team were very sensible to call off the previous day, if I read that wrong then I apologise. I just pointed out that both decisions to call off were perfectly reasonable. On another point I am not a Troll, I am perfectly entitled to post on this forum using whatever name I please, you could also check all my posts and you will find I have never slagged anyone off, never verbally abused anyone and never will.

Both Torpoint Reserves and Blazey Reserves played home games on Saturday, presumably both on their respective main pitch.

So both pitches have gone from unplayable to playable and back to unplayable again in the space of 8 days.

Perhaps the reserve games should have been postponed?

How can you justify calling off reserve team matches in the hope that first team matches can go ahead. That could result in both teams missing a game!

Dare I suggest,Martin,that both Torpoint and St.Blazey treat both their teams with equal fairness-unlike a certain Club in mid Cornwall!!!

Not sure I would agree having read posts from players and people connected with those clubs!

Well Martin, im sure Darren Edwards would have been furious when YOU allowed HIS tittle rivals to gain match fitness whilst playing in a reserve game for liskeard. Since then, youve struggled to name a side and have had to sign players on who were officially "retired" from the game, due to a number of players leaving and losing interest. Serves you right old boy. if i were Darren Edwards and Karl Curtis, id ask the comitee to remove you from your position.....oh, i forgot......your on the comitee. have the balls to admit, what you done there was wrong on so many levels.

Dare I suggest,Martin,that both Torpoint and St.Blazey treat both their teams with equal fairness-unlike a certain Club in mid Cornwall!!!

Not sure I would agree having read posts from players and people connected with those clubs!

Well Martin, im sure Darren Edwards would have been furious when YOU allowed HIS tittle rivals to gain match fitness whilst playing in a reserve game for liskeard. Since then, youve struggled to name a side and have had to sign players on who were officially "retired" from the game, due to a number of players leaving and losing interest. Serves you right old boy. if i were Darren Edwards and Karl Curtis, id ask the comitee to remove you from your position.....oh, i forgot......your on the comitee. have the balls to admit, what you done there was wrong on so many levels.

Would you care to enlighten us regarding the list of players that have left because of what " I " did ?

Would you care to enlighten us regarding the list of players that have left because of what " I " did ?

Is it true you had to name yourself on the team sheet away at Holsworthy? After making numerous calls, players didnt want to know, due to your actions the previous week. It takes a man to admit when hes wrong, so what are you? a man or a mouse? Do you think your first team managers were impressed by what you did? Giving rival players match fitness, im sure when i say they were furious with you!!! Early tip....Mchugh returning to St Clear next year.