Cornwall Football Forum

The Things I Love About Bodmin

Watching a good side play football..Then having a beer in our clubhouse and then looking with admiration at our rather full trophy cabinet..

And then look at the total lack of ambition to take promotion, anyone can win trophies at the level Bodmin play at especially if you pay good money If teams dont' push on up the pyramid the trophies don;t really mean much. You only win £2500 for winning the SWPL premier i would'nt mind betting the top 5 or 6 teams budgets are far far greater than this.

Watching a good side play football..Then having a beer in our clubhouse and then looking with admiration at our rather full trophy cabinet..

Do you never wonder what it could have been like testing yourself at a higher level ? Different teams, different players , different grounds ?

You have the set up both on and off the pitch , can never understand why you don't .....

Things I Love about Bodmin Town is:-

1. There Cheesebergers and Chips cooked fresh and ready to order. :clapper:

2. The half time food for officials they always do a good spread. :clapper:

3. Their programme, very good and full of information. :clapper:

4. There fans. :thumbsup:

5. The ground, a good old Cornish ground, which has lots of history. :c:

Number 4? Excuse me?

One thing I hate is the empty feeling in my wallet after visiting their tea bar.

Impressive ground though and I've always found them to be friendly neighbours.

Here we go again mr.hoppit..looks like we got to put up with another sermon according to the hoppit.go hijack and preach your words of non wisdom elsewhere..with all your doom and gloom you should be a politican .

Sir Beacon tell me what you don't like about my sermon please, if you read other members comments on this forum you will see that most have the same views as me all i ask is for teams who play in the national pyramid system to show some ambition and progress i don't understand why Bodmin the counties strongest side at this level won't, You critisise me for saying what i think at thats ok but maybe you could explain to me the league and the FA why Bodmin never take promotion. You have everything in place, ground clubhouse team good committee. I might be unwise but also along with many others totally baffled. You see no doom and gloom only facts from someone who really cares for Cornish football.

• 2 weeks later...

Dan i have only just joined, i think the forum is great. I follow Bodmin and enjoyed the time there supporting them, every one there very friendly. My favorite match was when we played St Blazey,

Blazey usually won, but always close games. What you said about Bodmin not taking promotion is what i always said about St Blazey, you had the team for sure but you never did. So i don't think you should be saying that Bodmin have let Cornwall down big time, by doing so you are you not devaluing all your trophies? I think in the times of the economy melt down they may be right!!!

Chris George living in Canada.

Dan i have only just joined, i think the forum is great. I follow Bodmin and enjoyed the time there supporting them, every one there very friendly. My favorite match was when we played St Blazey,

Blazey usually won, but always close games. What you said about Bodmin not taking promotion is what i always said about St Blazey, you had the team for sure but you never did. So i don't think you should be saying that Bodmin have let Cornwall down big time, by doing so you are you not devaluing all your trophies? I think in the times of the economy melt down they may be right!!!

I think my views on Blazey are pretty clear - we are now paying massively for our chronic lack of ambition.

The big difference with Bodmin is that they made a COMMITMENT to the new league before it was formed that they WOULD take promotion to the Western League if they finished in a promotion place. Have they eck.

I think my views on Blazey are pretty clear - we are now paying massively for our chronic lack of ambition.

The big difference with Bodmin is that they made a COMMITMENT to the new league before it was formed that they WOULD take promotion to the Western League if they finished in a promotion place. Have they eck.

Blazey were winning the league regularly back in the days of the South Western League , this was never part of the FA pyramid system hence there was never an expectation to take promotion .

I seem to remember ( others with more knowledge will undoubtedly shed more light on this ) that one of the reasons for the amalgamation of the old South Western Leagues and Devon Leagues into the Peninsula League was to bring Cornish football within the national pyramid . Immediate promotion into the Western League Premier rather Western League Division One was also part of this arrangement .

Presumably something Bodmin Town would have been party to and in agreement with .

This was the very(only?) reason the CSWPL was formed.No doubt the League will be desperate for Buckland or Parkway to be in the frame for such promotion.I understand messrs.Hiscox and Hayman underwent a severe grilling from the FA for yet another season of no application for advancement.Maybe this could be a make or break season for the CSWPL to retain its Level.

If they lose their status, which is very unlikely, then the Clubs who previously finished in the top 2 should take the blame for not going up. But on the otherside of the coin if the FA want Clubs to climb up the pyramid then they should at least contribute towards the running costs, travelling etc, for the next 2 seasons i.e. £50,000.

Clubs higher up the pyramid get payments, even when they get relegated they are paid. The FA are trying to encourage grassroots football, put the money in to encourage Clubs to go up.

Dan, i still don't see how you can say Bodmin let the SWPL down, have they brocken any rules? Its said that they must take promotion or that they have the opportunity to if they have the finances and ground in order. I'm asking a question thats all. Just a couple of years ago the world economy was in better shape, while not saying Bodmin should not take a step up i would not want them to untill they are sure they are ready, i don't know the answer to thier reasons for not so i don't think it's right to think the worst of some one.

Any way Dan i have a lot of time for most of your comments on the forum so have a happy new year, Say hi to an old Blazey sparing partner of mine Paul Chris.