Cornwall Football Forum

Saturdays scores

Cornwall Seniour Cup Result:

St Teath 1-3 St Dennis

St Dennis Scorers:

Carl Rickard 3

St Teath deserved something from the game, they battled well and had their share of some half decent chances. We played some good stuff in spells on a wet surface. All the best to St Teath, think they will do well in their respective league. Nice home tie against St Austell in the next round =)

Finished newquay 1-3 vospers. Newquay didnt deserve anything from the game, they were not great but vospers closed them down and worked hard to earn their win. A defeat for newquay has been coming for a while now, shame it was against one of their rivals though! 2 early goals meant newquay were chasing the game a bit and a third just after half time sealed their fate. Ludlam missed a penalty for handball with 15 to go to compound their misery. Squires pulled one back with minutes to go. Hopefully this will be the kick up the backside that some of the players seem to need. Made the league a bit more interesting anyway, well done vospers.

Agree with Ronnie that Vospers deserved the win and said so to many of their players and management. Crowd of only 124, including 8 from Vospers who loved every minute of the day.

Star man - VOV 10, Joe Jasper. Best player on the pitch.

Certainly will need a kick up the jacksy in training to make sure we don't slip up v Truro & Godolphin.

Parkway 4 St.Blazey 0 ( Sam Stevens 2,Paul Heveran,Shane Krac)

Difficult to take much from this game . Parkway cruised it and Blazey were awful .

Cannot see any way that Blazey can stay up on the evidence of this game .

Summed it all up really when a Blazey player went down injured in the first few minutes , they had to ask Parkway if they could treat him as there was no physio with them . More proof of how far they have fallen and what a shambles the club has become .

Lovely Oxo at half time from the new snack booth . Good to see a decent crowd making full use of this .

Possible quote of the season from Bobby Oaten .His team were attempting a dash forward deep in the second half when well beaten , Mr Oaten was urging restraint from his players with the line," we don't need to score."

Four goals,clean sheet,no bookings and no injuries . For Parkway it's onto Bideford and Falmouth , for St.Blazey it's a long farewell tour of the Peninsula League Premier Division .

I went up mount wise today expecting to see newquay open up a big lead at the top but no they where awful the defence looked like they had never played together ,they where completely outplayed by a fine vospers side who desrved there win and should of scored more .Newquay even missed a open goal robinson i think and when i say open vospers goalie miles away from his goal all the newquay player had to do was roll it in but put it wide shocking miss.I hope its just a minor hickup seemed like last weeks defeat against liskeard was still on there mind .

What a game today at mount wise. Vospers had, heart,determination,100% effort,and a NEVER GIVE IN attitude. thats how you win games. well done to Vospers,they were the best team,and it could have been more than just 1.3. Well done,well played................ It was strange,of that i mean, if this game was last week,against Liskeard ? thats what i expected to see,but today Newquay looked as all they had to do was turn up.They did that in presence only. 10 past 3, an they were 2 down. Reality check NEWQUAY. Put that down in the the experiance box. Now, fall back,regroup,socks up an go again. Its not the end of the world,all to play for next week, bring on Truro. But well done Vospers.

Newquay were easily beaten today, a lot of expensive players on show but keep getting found wanting when tested against decent opposition (vospers away and home, liskeard, penzance). May get promoted this season at great expense but goin nowhere in the premier division.

We're all fine here at Mount Wise thank you. We have lost just once in 17 SWPL games... how are your club doing ?

Just how worse can it get at St Blazey! Many Blazey fans travel today Way of the park?

The lesser spotted Blazey fans were pretty conspicuous by their absence . No sign of their distinctive plummage (scarves,shirts or flags) from where I was standing , and none of their instantly recognisable mating cries could be heard . I think three of this dying breed were huddled together at the front of the Bolitho Kop , but the rest of this endangered species may have migrated to warmer climes ( Mount Wise , Newquay to be exact) .

Newquay were easily beaten today, a lot of expensive players on show but keep getting found wanting when tested against decent opposition (vospers away and home, liskeard, penzance). May get promoted this season at great expense but goin nowhere in the premier division.

I am sure a discussion last week said that Newquay are a plenty with home grown youth ? the statement of lots of expensive players on show . just proves the point. Pay the money and they will come !!!!!!!!!!!! :c:

I am sure a discussion last week said that Newquay are a plenty with home grown youth ? the statement of lots of expensive players on show . just proves the point. Pay the money and they will come !!!!!!!!!!!! :c:

Cornish Millionaires mate, how many Groats to the €uro nowadays ?

Just how worse can it get at St Blazey! Many Blazey fans travel today Way of the park?

The lesser spotted Blazey fans were pretty conspicuous by their abscence . No sign of their distinctive plummage (scarves,shirts or flags) from where I was standing , and none of their instantly recognisable mating cries could be heard . I think three of this dying breed were huddled together at the front of the Bolitho Kop , but the rest of this endangered species may have migrated to warmer climes ( Mount Wise , Newquay to be exact) .

Thats cruel.

Go on kick a team when it is down.

Oops didn't mean that, they haven't be relegated yet.

The lesser spotted Blazey fans were pretty conspicuous by their abscence . No sign of their distinctive plummage (scarves,shirts or flags) from where I was standing , and none of their instantly recognisable mating cries could be heard . I think three of this dying breed were huddled together at the front of the Bolitho Kop , but the rest of this endangered species may have migrated to warmer climes ( Mount Wise , Newquay to be exact) .

Thats cruel.

least they have more points in their division than PZ rezzies!!!

ouch!!

Thats cruel.

ouch!!

ooooouuuuwwwww

You are getting catty!

Thats cruel.

Memories of St Blazey lording it over the rest of us are still pretty fresh I'm afraid .

Thats cruel.

ouch!!

ooooouuuuwwwww

You are getting catty!

you did line yourself up for that one i'm afraid

in all seriousness what will you do if PZ rezzies are relegated to the trelawney league??

start a new website???

Thats cruel.

ouch!!

ooooouuuuwwwww

You are getting catty!

you did line yourself up for that one i'm afraid

in all seriousness what will you do if PZ rezzies are relegated to the trelawney league??

start a new website???

Penzance reserves wont get relegated, evening games in april & may will save them (bring in the ringers!) :unsure:

Plymouth Parkway is unquestionably one of the least welcoming clubs for us away supporters in the league and the above comment prove this.

I didn't take my money to Bolitho Park this season and won't be taking it next season (even if we are in the same league).

Dan , I am happy with that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found your supporters standing behind the goals singing rubbish and at times disrespectful songs agonisingly boring and pathetic. So go annoy someone else anyway. Your supporters just look to cause trouble. Well thats if there are any left. :SM_carton:

How do you work that out ?

Ill let you work that out!!!

Couldnt make it on saturday as I was away on a stag weekend.

As for the St Blazey fans not turning up, look at Parkways crowds. Take out the friday night home gate and you have crowds under 100. Seeing as your pushing to leave the SWLP or at least win it, not many turning up to watch.

Why????

It is not all about large crowds. We have a consistant crowd and have to contend with Plymouth Argyle when they are at home.

The point I was trying to make is how you always had a large support and now it is very poor. I see Dan and yourself as true fans but at a recent game at your place I was very disappointed with turn out. The Parkway fans will be there come good or bad results.

Please remember , it was not that long ago we were just a Sunday league pub team.

How do you work that out ?

Ill let you work that out!!!

Couldnt make it on saturday as I was away on a stag weekend.

As for the St Blazey fans not turning up, look at Parkways crowds. Take out the friday night home gate and you have crowds under 100. Seeing as your pushing to leave the SWLP or at least win it, not many turning up to watch.

Why????

Dan ,

I have already stated on previous forum posts that I find Parkway's ( and many other teams in the leagues ) attendances disappointing, especially when you consider it is a city of 150,000 + with 10's of 1,000's living within 15 minutes walk of the ground .It is a fact though that Parkway are a relatively new club ,indeed we have only had our own ground for a few years , and don't have the many years of history and traditional support behind us that the likes of Blazey enjoy .This is something that develops over time

I am a little upset that you consider it to be an unwelcoming club though , myself and Robin Van Parkway were actually looking out for you on Saturday and were going to come up and say hello and shoot the breeze .Mr Bald One is also one of the best blokes that you are likely to meet .Very passionate about Parkway and his football , but not "one eyed" at all and open to fair minded discussion . Definately not boring as well

I do not consider myself to be a Blazey hater ( hate is a very strong statement , and indeed emotion, that I reserve for particularly odious individuals and organisations . St.Blazey Football Club is neither .) . On the contrary , I have enjoyed watching St Blazey on spare weekends in the past , I used to really enjoy watching the team of Hooper,Daly,Street, Harrington et al . I even followed Blazey to Exmouth to watch them in the FA Vase . What they were doing at the time was genuinely exciting and , at the time, really felt like they were pushing Cornish Football forward .

Dan , at the end of the day this is banter , pure and simple . You have to accept that one or two people are really enjoying Blazey's predicament at the moment as the memories are all to fresh of some of the beatings they took in the not so distant past , but it is never personal ( at least not on my behalf). I am constantly thinking of how Parkway are on the up at the moment , but how everything in life is cyclical , and Blazey may well be passing us on the way back up in the future .We'll probably get it back then .

Plymouth Parkway is unquestionably one of the least welcoming clubs for us away supporters in the league and the above comment prove this.

I didn't take my money to Bolitho Park this season and won't be taking it next season (even if we are in the same league).

Well Dan don't know what you Blazey boys have done to upset Parkway then as Withy always get the best of welcomes from Parkway and love our visits and as we discussed a couple of weeks ago when Withy visited Blaise Park I don't thinkl you will have to worry about not going their next season it won't be in your hands unless it's a cup game.

A few seasons ago after watching a hard-fought battle between St Blazey and Parkway at Blaise Park (I can't remember the result, but it may well have been a draw), a Parkway fan came up to me and held his hand out to shake mine. I reached out to accept his offer of a handshake and at the last moment he withdrew the offer and used the same hand to make an obscene gesture at me.

On my last couple of visits to Parkway, our fans have been subjected to some pretty unwelcoming and provocative behaviour. On a few occasions I have tried to strike up conversations with the locals as I consider this normal and right at this level of football, but the sarcastic and unwelcoming comments I received have always made me back off.

WayofthePark and Robin, if you really did want to come over for some friendly chat, that would have been great, and you'd have been made more than welcome (all other clubs in the league can attest to this), but in my ten or so visits to Parkway, it has never happened.

Dan , I can assure you that it was not me . Anybody who knows me will testify to the fact that I strongly believe in the "win or lose , it's only a game ethos " .

After the Cup Final on Bank Holiday Monday at Newquay one of your more vociferous fans (grey haired guy , don't know his name I'm afraid) made a point of coming up and shaking my hand at the final whistle and congratulating us . I certainly would have done the same if it was the other way around .

The guys I go to the game with would not behave in the way mentioned above . You cannot generalise the many with the actions of the few .

A few seasons ago after watching a hard-fought battle between St Blazey and Parkway at Blaise Park (I can't remember the result, but it may well have been a draw), a Parkway fan came up to me and held his hand out to shake mine. I reached out to accept his offer of a handshake and at the last moment he withdrew the offer and used the same hand to make an obscene gesture at me.

On my last couple of visits to Parkway, our fans have been subjected to some pretty unwelcoming and provocative behaviour. On a few occasions I have tried to strike up conversations with the locals as I consider this normal and right at this level of football, but the sarcastic and unwelcoming comments I received have always made me back off.

WayofthePark and Robin, if you really did want to come over for some friendly chat, that would have been great, and you'd have been made more than welcome (all other clubs in the league can attest to this), but in my ten or so visits to Parkway, it has never happened.

Well if what you have said is true then you can't be blamed for not wanting to visit Parkway. It is a shame though as we have ALWAYS found them very hospitable.

Dan , I can assure you that it was not me . Anybody who knows me will testify to the fact that I strongly believe in the "win or lose , it's only a game ethos " .

After the Cup Final on Bank Holiday Monday at Newquay one of your more vociferous fans (grey haired guy , don't know his name I'm afraid) made a point of coming up and shaking my hand at the final whistle and congratulating us . I certainly would have done the same if it was the other way around .

The guys I go to the game with would not behave in the way mentioned above . You cannot generalise the many with the actions of the few .

Thanks for your post. I look forward to meeting at a future Blazey v Parkway fixture.

Hello Dave The Rave,am a bit confused with your post,you quoted 3 teams,2 of which are prem teams. fair enough we lost 3 of the games. won away at vospers ? poor performance at home to vospers to lose.Gave a good account of ourselves against Penzance,an then lost on penalties to Liskeard ? So, out of the 2 prem teams we played. lost 1 away,an drew at home. 2 matches, 1 point. with a team that in no doubt,will be strenthened if we get promoted next season. Goin nowhere in the premier league ? ? ? ? How can you possibly come to that conclusion ? ? ? If mr Hooper,mr hulkin and mr lafferty deceide to leave,most of our currant squad, and the commitee employ mr mouse,mrs mouse and mr goofy, then you have a valid point, but your post is nonsence.