Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup cancellations

Whats stupid about 1.30pm ?

The games have to be played to a conclusion on the day. Kick off 1.30pm + 45mins and a few for stoppages = 2.20pm, 15mins half time, 2nd half starts at 2.35pm + 45mins and a bit = 3.25pm. Possible 30mins extra time, 15mins for penalties, it will be dark if they leave it any later.

Whats stupid about 1.30pm ?

The games have to be played to a conclusion on the day. Kick off 1.30pm + 45mins and a few for stoppages = 2.20pm, 15mins half time, 2nd half starts at 2.35pm + 45mins and a bit = 3.25pm. Possible 30mins extra time, 15mins for penalties, it will be dark if they leave it any later.

we all cant be home watching jeremy kyle every day - some people work thats all

What can happen is if an away team has some distance to travel the home team call in a qualified referee to assess the pitch, now if he thinks it is unplayable then he contacts the appointed referee gives him his opinion and then the match official makes a decision based on that, we can then if necessary stop the away team traveling. As Cornish -Ref states the only person who can call off the match is the appointed official. The only change to that is if the pitches are council owned and the council close the pitches and we do not get a say in that.

Constantine v Helston called off half 9 this morning

Does that mean Gweek will be flooded, because we all know about that slope.

no gweek will be fine cos the constantine pitch is looking very good - i saw it!!!!!!!!

you looked at the top touchline. as you know about the big slope maybe you shouldve gone around a bit more. oh and complete mud where the line should be

The pitch was playable, no standing water but may of dug up a bit but playable. In my opinion.

play with no pitch markings?? too much mud to get lines down. we had 2nd team photo at lunchtime and 11 men with trainers on, walking on ground in front changing rooms turned it into a bog and we were only on the grass 10 minutes or so.

What are you trying to say le boss, I'm sure the pitch was unplayable why would tine call it off with the team they have, you shut keep your mouth shut, any way if the game was called of at 9-30am, what was you doing there?

so bushy tell me why i should keep my mouth shut? I am entitled to my opinion as are you but please dont be abusive, it is neither very intelligent or justified!!! I went there at about half eleven and the lads stood at the club even found it hard to believe it had been called off but if that was the decision then fine - suits us really cos we were very short of players. Hope Tine dont have the same problem next week.